Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

This is Mandela Effect level shit. But better than Mandela effect, because no one actually thought Mandela was dead. Whereas I defy anyone to tell me that they genuinely thought Paul Hogan was still alive.

He was ill wasn't he? I remember seeing him in one of the films looking very drawn. I suppose I assumed he must have pegged it from that.

The guy who played "Ernest" in those movies is dead and maybe that added to the confusion.

I mean those "Ernest" comedy movies they would show on Channel 5 on Sunday afternoons as filler.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Cuellar on February 28, 2020, 05:19:51 PM
Is that real? I thought he was dead.
At least Hogan, Cleese and Chase all look like they could conceivably be in the same shot. Although why Cleese is looking at the camera and Chase is looking at the back of Hogan's head, I've got no idea.

Phil_A

Quote from: Swoz_MK on February 28, 2020, 05:15:50 PM
Hiya
Edit - oh God its massive, soz

The family of Peter O'Toole would like to extend their gratitude to Dear Departures Funerals Ltd for their outstanding care and service. Peter will remain on permanent display in his own personal mausoleum as per his final request.

idunnosomename

is that a crocodile dundee film or what

idunnosomename

where's that helicopter going anyway

That's not a helicopter.

[produces massive helicopter]

I think it's a film where Paul Hogan plays himself, but he "becomes" his famous character Crocodile Dundee throughout the course of the movie, a bit like Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

idunnosomename

im glad we get to know the poster was captured at about 5:15

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 02, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
im glad we get to know the poster was captured at about 5:15
4:20, surely?

holyzombiejesus

You're both wrong. It's 15:20.

Captain Z

It's 9:52 - it's Australia.

Jim Bob

On the subject of Paul Hogan and Crocodile Dundee; I naturally assume that you've all listened to the podcast with the screenwriter of Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles and if not, why not?!

Might not look as bad up close, but this made me do a double take

Icehaven

Quote from: Swoz_MK on February 28, 2020, 05:15:50 PM

Surely there's a limit to how many names it's practical to put on a poster?

Enrico Palazzo

And risk missing out on the Rachael Carpani and Shane Jacobson fanbases?

evilcommiedictator

Really needed a Domestic Australia and rest of world poster for that one, Americans going "who the shit is Kerry Armstrong"

Rich Uncle Skeleton

[size=72]PUAL HOGAN[/size]

Icehaven

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 04, 2020, 11:03:45 AM

All those people have gathered on the beach to laugh at the people without legs as they bob about.

Bazooka

They could have just been standing on the beach, as the reactions of the other characters is classic film poster trickery where they just insert a shot from any scene, they just really wanted the dog and bikini on the poster and built the rest around it.  The plot sounds atrocious, I do rate Owen Wilson though.

McChesney Duntz

I do too. Pity that it's actually Luke Wilson in the movie.

Bazooka

I have auto correct the Wilson brothers software on my phone.

Egyptian Feast

Who or what the hell is that standing behind Wilson on the right? He looks like the propped-up corpse of Val Kilmer.

Bazooka

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 04, 2020, 08:05:19 PM
Who or what the hell is that standing behind Wilson on the right? He looks like the propped-up corpse of Val Kilmer.

Jon Lovitz

Egyptian Feast

Famous Mortimer

That's such an awful poster (seriously, no-one noticed they didn't have legs?) I think it's given me an idea for a thread.

greencalx

Quote from: Cardenio I on December 02, 2019, 03:56:42 PM

I know I'm late to this party, but why should the identity of the executive producer entice me to watch a film? What fraction of the audience even knows what an executive producer is or does?