Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: greencalx on July 05, 2020, 09:32:25 PM
I know I'm late to this party, but why should the identity of the executive producer entice me to watch a film? What fraction of the audience even knows what an executive producer is or does?

It means they can put the title of a more successful film on the poster.

"From the catering company that brought you Jurassic Park..."

greencalx

"From the dialect coach for Mary Poppins..."

Famous Mortimer

Every now and again I look for the poster for "The Parole Officer" where the pull reviews spelled out "Full Blow Job Scene" in big letters. But sadly, it appears I am never to be satisfied. But today, when looking, I noticed the poster sent out to video rental places to prepare for the DVD release.

Maybe they don't mean Peter Sellers, but some lesser known comic with that actual name.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I was going to write " Whatever happened to Lena Headey?", but she's quite well known nowadays, apparently.

Keebleman

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 06, 2020, 07:04:32 PM

Maybe they don't mean Peter Sellers, but some lesser known comic with that actual name.

They mean the theatre director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sellars

Famous Mortimer

I presume the movie explains why this woman's face was removed and crudely slapped on the front of this other person's skull.

Blumf

At least the names match up.

Glebe

It's like as if somebody was doing the cover of a Fergal Sharkey album but he looked more like De Niro so they used it for this instead.

magval

Much prefer seeing stuff like this to bad photoshopping. Bad modern stuff is just bad, but bad older stuff is often endearing in its shitness. Like special fx in films. Kong often looks shite but you like him. He throws a punch like your uncle because the animators didn't know any better. A CGI Kong that looked shit would just look shit.

Quote from: Keebleman on July 06, 2020, 07:17:56 PM
They mean the theatre director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sellars

Who knew Gary Rhodes shared a hairdresser with one of the key figures of theatre and opera of the last 50 years?

kalowski

Yeah I don't mind that Midnight Run poster. Very good drawings, possibly done by the bloke who did covers for cheap Beatles compilations in the 70s.

magval

DeNiro looks looks your man the first zombie in Night of the Living Dead but

Pseudopath

Anyone mentioned this monstrosity yet?

Blumf

So it's just some random unknown actor wearing a badly fitting Ron Perlman mask throughout?

Alberon

I like the hat-shaped UFO hovering just over his head.

Famous Mortimer

Not sure the person who drew this had ever seen a human face before.

AsparagusTrevor

"a handsome young gigolo (not pictured)..."

Blumf

Young Gaby Roslin should probably lay off the Diazepam.

QDRPHNC

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 01, 2020, 09:07:45 PM

Not sure the person who drew this had ever seen a human face before.

Nice door.

Glebe

idunnosomename

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 06, 2020, 07:04:32 PM
Every now and again I look for the poster for "The Parole Officer" where the pull reviews spelled out "Full Blow Job Scene" in big letters. But sadly, it appears I am never to be satisfied. But today, when looking, I noticed the poster sent out to video rental places to prepare for the DVD release.

[img]https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BPHHD1/film-poster-the-parole-officer-2001-BPHHD1.jpg[img]

Well if it's spelled that way by the reviewer they can hardly misquote

Also i just googled "parole officer full blow job scene" and im not really sure what i was expecting

The Mollusk

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 02, 2020, 10:26:57 AM

Nice door.

I'm having real trouble discerning which parts of the lady's torso are a breast, a shoulder or an extended top bit of thigh.

El Unicornio, mang

Nice enough idea, but too many little details which don't look right. Like her head is sewn onto his trousers or something

idunnosomename

The head doesnt look the right size

Glebe

Yeah, it looks like Hawkins' and Thewlis' heads have been Photoshopped on for some reason.

olliebean

Looks like they took a somewhat awkwardly posed but otherwise perfectly fine photo, and then someone said, "Their heads don't look big enough. Can we just make their heads slightly bigger? And David's left hand as well, while we're at it."