Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Busy schedule today (making shit photothings). Oh and NEW PAGE INEPT TWAT, SOZ.

Famous Mortimer

2005's "Partner(s)" is apparently about people who had very inept head transplant surgery.

Glebe

holyzombiejesus

Ach, didn't work. Please could someone post the poster for 'A Flock of Dudes', preferable the one with the dozen or so cast members listed?

Alberon

PlanktonSideburns

kalowski

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Alberon on December 24, 2020, 09:33:02 AM
This one?

Yep. It's great, isn't it? Everything from the horrendous title to the weird trunkless tree growing under Skylar Astin's name.

Famous Mortimer

I guess, actors have to work, but the number of people in that poster that I wished hadn't appeared in some shitty Chris D'Elia bro-com is quite high.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 01, 2020, 09:07:45 PM

Not sure the person who drew this had ever seen a human face before.

Lizard man, unimpressed woman on coke, baby alien skull, man with the Old Grey Whistle Test happening in his head. + a disembodied arm (pos sliced off a scientist) holding or maybe attempting game of rock paper scisors with a timetraveling novelty picture disc of McCartney III

How did nobody spot that it's a fucking Minion???

St_Eddie

zomgmouse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 06, 2020, 07:04:32 PM
Every now and again I look for the poster for "The Parole Officer" where the pull reviews spelled out "Full Blow Job Scene" in big letters. But sadly, it appears I am never to be satisfied.

Tried searching for this out of interest and this CaB thread came up which you have already posted in. SMBH seems to have uploaded a lowres copy of the poster but that's about it.

Famous Mortimer

One day, I'll have it. Someone must have one rolled up in their collection somewhere.

mothman

I really can't remember if I've said this before but there's one poster I've never been able to find anywhere. It was for the re-release of Withnail & I in 1996 but was done in the style of the Trainspotting poster - but instead of Renton, Begbie, Sick Boy, Spud & Diane, it was Withnail, Marwood, Uncle Monty, Danny, and the Camberwell Carrot. I'm sure I didn't imagine it. But it's nowhere.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: mothman on April 26, 2021, 08:41:40 PM
I really can't remember if I've said this before but there's one poster I've never been able to find anywhere. It was for the re-release of Withnail & I in 1996 but was done in the style of the Trainspotting poster - but instead of Renton, Begbie, Sick Boy, Spud & Diane, it was Withnail, Marwood, Uncle Monty, Danny, and the Camberwell Carrot. I'm sure I didn't imagine it. But it's nowhere.

Might be something you'd see in a magazine. Empire did an issue in 1996 with a feature on both films

mothman

No, fairly sure - Mandela Effect notwithstanding - it was a poster in an underground station. I want to say Moorgate, not that it matters. That was my destination station at that time.

According to IMDb, it was rereleased on 2 Feb 1996. Trainspotting was released 23 Feb. My assumption was the poster was a late addition, to cash in on Trainspotting as newly-minted cultural icon. Maybe it was for a VHS release? I can also remember (my brain is weird this way) there were still Showgirls (12 Jan) posters around, but also Cutthroat Island (29 Mar) too.

Speaking of Trainspotting, a poster advertising a later deluxe version of the video with out-takes and deleted scenes had the absolutely awful slogan
CHOOSE LIFE...CHOOSE A JOB...CHOOSE THE GREEN EDITION across the top, which I thought was just rancid.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: mothman on April 26, 2021, 11:11:08 PM
No, fairly sure - Mandela Effect notwithstanding - it was a poster in an underground station. I want to say Moorgate, not that it matters. That was my destination station at that time.

According to IMDb, it was rereleased on 2 Feb 1996. Trainspotting was released 23 Feb. My assumption was the poster was a late addition, to cash in on Trainspotting as newly-minted cultural icon. Maybe it was for a VHS release? I can also remember (my brain is weird this way) there were still Showgirls (12 Jan) posters around, but also Cutthroat Island (29 Mar) too.

The original press strategy for the 1996 rerelease campaign makes specific reference to the anticipated popularity of Trainspotting so they may have been aware of it, to some extent, in advance, which may place it on the earlier side of your timescale.

Famous Mortimer

mothman

Wow, holy shit, that does appear to be it! Nice one FM! Where on earth did you find it?

Famous Mortimer

I searched for a few things, but luckily it came up under "Withnail reissue poster" (I think). Someone had Tweeted a picture of it to Richard E Grant, he'd not responded but it was still up there.

St_Eddie

Glebe

"Pinocchio, what do you think of this poster you're in?"

"It's fantastic!"

idunnosomename

John Cleese is in this lol. and Jack Whitehall

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on June 29, 2021, 06:05:06 PM
"Pinocchio, what do you think of this poster you're in?"

"It's fantastic!"

Laughed

St_Eddie

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 01, 2021, 11:20:41 PM

"Look at Clifford The Big Red Dog there. His head must weigh fifty pounds on its own. Imagine the size of his balls."

Bad Ambassador

olliebean

Notable there the lack of ambition in how much bigger than the preceding text the word "BIGGER" is.

The trailer is worse than the poster, mind.

idunnosomename

Yeah i watched it and the effects are shite. Thing i hate about the poster is the white border around the actors. Looks like an MS Paint job. The light sources are different for all three elements. And it looks like a normal sized puppy with two tiny people.