Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Yeah he had a pretty sketchy career as a director between Mr Show and getting a second wind as a dramatic actor in Breaking Bad

Glebe

idunnosomename

genuinely just thought that was a repost for a good few seconds

DoesNotFollow

To go back to the Clifford one; for a film about a giant dog could they have tried any harder to make the dog look unimpressively NOT big. Unless it's a statement on however big a giant dog may be, the uncaring vastness of the metropolis (and the heavens above as the sky seems to take up almost half of the poster) will reduce even the largest beings to nothingness. In which case, genius!

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: DoesNotFollow on July 19, 2021, 08:14:56 AM
To go back to the Clifford one; for a film about a giant dog could they have tried any harder to make the dog look unimpressively NOT big. Unless it's a statement on however big a giant dog may be, the uncaring vastness of the metropolis (and the heavens above as the sky seems to take up almost half of the poster) will reduce even the largest beings to nothingness. In which case, genius!
I can only assume they've focus tested dogs of different sizes with groups of small children, and that particular dog was small enough to be relatable while big enough to be somewhat deserving of a motion picture. I want a film about a kid with a pet elephant, preferably called Stampy.

mothman

The size of the dog is consistent with the source children's books. Think there'd be major ructions if they got THAT wrong. Hollywood may show a cavalier attitude towards historical, social, cultural, political, racial (etc.) accuracy, but get the size of Clifford The Big Red Dog wrong? Unconceivable!

Pseudopath

Quote from: Kelvin on July 10, 2021, 06:29:35 PM

Genuinely thought that was Nina Simone for a second there.

MojoJojo

Quote from: mothman on July 19, 2021, 09:32:44 AM
The size of the dog is consistent with the source children's books. Think there'd be major ructions if they got THAT wrong. Hollywood may show a cavalier attitude towards historical, social, cultural, political, racial (etc.) accuracy, but get the size of Clifford The Big Red Dog wrong? Unconceivable!

Clifford's size is hugely inconsistent in the books. Since one of the most successful parts of the franchise it focussed on when Clifford was a puppy and normal sized, I think they've worked out kids like the "dog" part more than the "big" part.

idunnosomename

Glebe

Clifford the Big Commie Pinko Subversive CCCP Space Dog.

Famous Mortimer

People Too Old To Be On Active Service: The Movie

greenman

Rebels of Spaceball 1 going by Trejo's helmet.

mothman

There's an "I had my shimmering obsidian mane shorn off for THIS?" expression if ever I saw one.

phantom_power

Even the hats look badly photoshopped on. Could they not find pictures of them with hats on?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 29, 2021, 02:25:45 PM
People Too Old To Be On Active Service: The Movie
When Danny Trejo was born, World War II was still going on!

Also seems like they picked an angle of Baldwin where he looks most like his brother Alec.

mothman

Fuck, I thought that was him!

kalowski

Trejo looks like Hannibal Lecter when he wore that guard's face.

dissolute ocelot

According to IMDb, Eric Roberts has 76 projects in production or awaiting release. I bet he doesn't look that old in any of them.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 01, 2021, 09:48:02 AM
According to IMDb, Eric Roberts has 76 projects in production or awaiting release. I bet he doesn't look that old in any of them.

Synopsis is "a pair of men with jagged outlines and their own unique lighting try to protect their giant friend from both an evil stalker (with his own unique lighting) and a mob of tiny people (with their own unique lighting)"

Mr Trumpet

Kate Middleton?! I thought the other one was the actor in the family

Famous Mortimer

The lass on the left looks like she's bevvied up and just wandered into the photograph.

Glebe

jobotic

I haven't seen the first 217 yet

Glebe

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 01, 2021, 09:48:02 AM

Katy Perry looks on as Brian Cox, emo David Cronenberg and Gerry Adams let themselves go.

mothman

It's like a remake of Lace only her mother is Traci Lords and she wants to know which member of the Manic Street Preachers is her father.

Kelvin

All three of the new posters look crap, but this one made ,me laugh out loud at how weird it looks.

AsparagusTrevor

Yeah, they've really messed the main text up, can't read a thing.

mothman

It looks like he's taken a selfie but got his thumb in the way.

Did elmo shag his nephew? That guy looks pissed!