Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:32:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pen and paper

Started by alan nagsworth, April 10, 2013, 06:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Do you draw? Fucking prove it, then. The old visual art thread is ... old now, so here is a shiny new thread just for things that you have drawn.

I drew this today at work:

Buffalo Many Times

Probably posted this in a previous thread but for the sake of shoring up support for this wonderful endeavour to see more stuff I'll put it here.

Jumble Cashback

Extract from a recent sketchbook:

DocDaneeka

Jumble you big show off! Do the people in the turkish baths not mind you sketching them?

I've been drawing alphabetical robots for http://alphabots.tumblr.com

I is for the Iron Man by Ted Hughes

J is for Jed from Jed the Humanoid by Grandaddy

babyshambler

I drew this of my friend Luke who's a genuine Polish person. It's still on the filing cabinet at work despite the fact he left before Christmas. The 'LUKE' sticky label was on his tray! I miss him!

Jumble Cashback

Quote from: DocDaneeka on April 11, 2013, 10:31:29 PM
Jumble you big show off! Do the people in the turkish baths not mind you sketching them?

We have an 'arrangement'.

Neville Chamberlain

Just recently started getting back into me drawing. Here's a pen-and-ink brutalist tableau I did (bloody hipster!)...

small_world

Wow. That's fucking class and pretty much exactly what I want on my living room walls...
I used to be ok-ish at art, but stopped doing it, now I'm shit

:-(

Jim_MacLaine

That's very good Neville. Trelic tower I'm guessing.

Neville Chamberlain

Thanks, chaps! Yes, the Trellick Tower it is. In front of it is a car park, I think from Portsmouth's now demolished Tricorn centre. I'm planning on doing a big picture of a brutalist cityscape 'collage' at some point!

Jumble Cashback

It's about time someone did one.

Neville Chamberlain

Well, quite! I don't think there's a single person on the planet who's ever done such a thing!

alan nagsworth

Bloody great work Nev, is there anything you can't do, you big dreamboat?

*ker-swoon*

dozybugcarrot

Neville's picture is very soothing, is great.
I drew a Drosophila and accidentally made it look a bit cute.

alan nagsworth

Inspired in part by Doc's alphabet of robots.

madhair60

Posted this ages ago but here it is again

Neville Chamberlain

Marvellous pics, very inspiring.

I wish I could draw stuff with curved lines in it :o(

Jumble Cashback

Here's one fresh from Cartoon Corner (in case you missed it there).

Olarrio

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 30, 2013, 10:10:26 AM
Marvellous pics, very inspiring.

I wish I could draw stuff with curved lines in it :o(

Will you draw me? (Rose DeWitt Bukater-style)

Harpo Speaks

Some nice work here. I should get back into drawing, I was never that good but it always felt quite natural to me.

I'm in the process of scanning in a load of cartoon bits and pieces/scrappy sketches and doodles at the moment - what do you folks recommend as ideal scanner settings? I've found it can alter the line quality of a drawing quite drastically depending on what you choose.

Jumble Cashback

Well, with mine I scan it in as a a b/w document, at 600 dpi with the lightness pushed up to 75.  It's different for every scanner though.  And that's only if you want your stuff as a purely black and white image, with no grey tones.

Thomas

I misspent a few lectures last year cobbling together this drawing of a bit from Skyfall -

Harpo Speaks

An attempt at Hislop:

Black Ship

Looks more like Bulk from "Superted"

the psyche intangible

Ok pen, I get it now. Now what do I do?

DocDaneeka

Yup still drawing robots, K is for Kryten:

N is for NEPTR (from Adventure Time):

P is for Pris (from Blade Runner):

Goldentony

Great thread! I've yet to contribute, for some reason. Here's one I finished last night

DocDaneeka

Nice! Did you use your Dip pen with that? How do you like it?

Goldentony

Nah that's all Pigma Micron except for the border which is a brush pen. I haven't used the dip pen much outside of practicing with it yet but i'm really enjoying using it. I've been fannying about with the ink more than the pen itself. I've been preferring the hunt nib for lettering over anything else i've got, though.

This made more use of the ink -

http://goldenharvestindustries.tumblr.com/image/48690120906