Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Academic Text and Symposium

Started by Johnny Townmouse, April 21, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

I'm still a maybe for this. Not that I have anything else to do on that day, I'm just lazy.

ThickAndCreamy

Is this ticketed or can we can just turn up on the day with no problems. I'm worried about arriving by train then not being able to get in.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy on May 29, 2013, 10:13:37 AM
Is this ticketed or can we can just turn up on the day with no problems. I'm worried about arriving by train then not being able to get in.

You have to email one of the organisers - james.leggott@northumbria.ac.uk
Just let him know you are coming

benthalo

neveragain

Oh, damn and bugger and blast and hellfuck fire and fart! I registered my interest with James ages ago (well, when the thread came up, I think) and now it looks like I've been called in to work in Durham on that very fucking day! No other day that week, just that one. I'm incredibly annoyed and, as financially unwise as it may be, am considering skipping my duties. Sounds like it could be quite the meet as well.

Thomas

What's happening then, folks?

If I go to this I'll be arriving at Newcastle railway station at something o'clock (something past 1pm, I should think) and then walking the couple of minutes to the university. Then the thing happens, if I can locate it, and I'll be dawdling back to the station and catching a train home at something past 5pm.

BlodwynPig

Thomas

These are the big questions, Blodders. I'll be going straight there myself, not sure about anyone else.

BlodwynPig

Otherwise it will just be guess the verbwhore and which one is GoutPony...fun but distracting

Thomas

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on June 09, 2013, 10:04:16 PM
I will be wearing odd socks.

I'll be wearing your avatar on my holographic tank top.

neveragain

If there's anyone who is still around the Newc area and wants to meet a fellow Verbwhore for some sort of recap drink the day after... then please to be aware that I would to do that be able, also. Cough.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: neveragain on June 10, 2013, 01:11:51 PM
If there's anyone who is still around the Newc area and wants to meet a fellow Verbwhore for some sort of recap drink the day after... then please to be aware that I would to do that be able, also. Cough.

i'm off to the Tynedale Beer festival, you are welcome to join.

neveragain

Ah very good, thanks. May see you there and will PM if so.

BlodwynPig

Schedule just been sent out:

Schedule
2-3.15pm:  Part One

James Leggott : Introduction
Ian Greaves and Justin Lewis: Morris's early TV career
David Rolinson: The Day Today
Jeremy Collins: Brass Eye

Followed by comments/questions for speakers

3.15-3.30pm: Tea Break

3.30-5pm:  Part Two

Jamie Sexton: Jam
David Walton: The Absolute Atrocity Special
Adam Whybray: Nathan Barley
Sharon Lockyer: Four Lions
Sorrim Phosticrer: Having your cake and eating it

Followed by comments/questions for speakers
5pm-6pm  Book launch

Thomas

Thanks Blodwyn. My girlfriend suggests that Chris Morris might pop out of a cake at some point.

In fact, looking over the list there, I note that the final segment is titled Having your cake and eating it. We'll see.

EDIT - wait u bugger Blodwyn

ThickAndCreamy

Anyone up for a pint after the symposium then? I don't want to get the train straight back home after only a few hours, seems like a bit of a waste, especially as I've only ever really passed through Newcastle before.

BlodwynPig

i thought that was a given - drinks after - we can go to the Bacchus which is equidistant between the symposium and the train station, or Lady Grey's...unless others have better ideas?

Retinend

Is there a Sam Smiths in the area? In any case, I would be up for drinks afterwards too. Since you know Newcastle the best, maybe we should all get in contact with you on the day? Out of those who've said they're going, I'll only recognize Shoulders and Thickandcreamy.

El Unicornio, mang

I'll be out in Newcastle for drinks that night (if I recover from this flu by then) and might pop in to wherever yous are and say hello. Be sure to be dressed as your avatars so I recognise you!

Btw, the pub opposite The Forth (I forget it's name) on Pink Lane is good for a meet and has lots of room and big tables.

Thomas

I'm catching the train outta there at half six, but yeah. Might come along for one of the ol' Fruit Shoots.

El Unicornio, mang

^ You, in particular, should be dressed as your avatar

Thomas

I fear you'll be disappointed, Mr. mang.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 12, 2013, 02:11:25 PM
I'll be out in Newcastle for drinks that night (if I recover from this flu by then) and might pop in to wherever yous are and say hello. Be sure to be dressed as your avatars so I recognise you!

Btw, the pub opposite The Forth (I forget it's name) on Pink Lane is good for a meet and has lots of room and big tables.

The Town Wall? Its for moderns. But I am not going to be il duce about this. We will probably head to Bacchus/Lady Grey's after the symposium - then we could head down to Town Wall to get some proper Geordie action/hot totty/slags.

Should I post my mobile number on here?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Retinend on June 12, 2013, 12:13:51 PM
Is there a Sam Smiths in the area? In any case, I would be up for drinks afterwards too. Since you know Newcastle the best, maybe we should all get in contact with you on the day? Out of those who've said they're going, I'll only recognize Shoulders and Thickandcreamy.

The nearest is Jarrow!

Alternative venues include The Tyne/ Cumberland/Free Trade, which are along the river at the Ouseburn, so a small walk and not so handy for train people.

Daniel

Anyone else got the book? Mine arrived from Amazon today - not had a chance to look through yet though

Thomas

I think I'll be buying my copy on the day.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 12, 2013, 06:19:46 PM
The Town Wall?

That's the one. Granted, the last time I was there was last Friday night when Newcastle was, for some reason, dead (possibly as it was a sunny day, lots of people were out in Tynemouth, which is the new place to be with all their fancy bistros and tapas bars) so the pub was mostly empty.

The Ouseburn area is good too, yep, The Cluny is there which is a pretty cool place.

BlodwynPig

I have the book, but its way down on my reading list. Bloody big pile already.

Tynemouth is nice and has changed a lot, but the tapas is piss poor.