Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Academic Text and Symposium

Started by Johnny Townmouse, April 21, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane Jones

I'm not going to be around tomorrow during the day, so I just wanted to wish you all a splendid day.  I'm very jealous that I won't be able to make it.  I hope a few of you can provide a frank and detailed review of the whole event.

I hope you all have a brilliant time, you lucky lot.

Neville Chamberlain

I'm awfully jealous too - would have loved to have been able to pop up for this. Is the book available in ordinary high-street shops...?

Retinend

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 12, 2013, 06:19:46 PMShould I post my mobile number on here?

Yeah I reckon you'd be a good POC. I'd probably manage to find the right crowd with the few faces I know already, but others might be discouraged from coming if they don't know any.

BlodwynPig

I'm reluctant to post my mobile on a public forum. Is Shoulders coming? He is instantly recognisable - could he not stand on a table and we all move towards him like zombies. I am having a bit of potential conflict at work - I am either free at 1pm or will be arriving closer to 2 - if you want my mobile number PM me.

Thomas

I'll be wearing a tweed jacket, black jeans, red Converse, and will have obviously self-cut hair. If anybody here spots me hovering about, grab my arm and whisper 'CookdandBombd.'

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on June 13, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
I'll be wearing a tweed jacket, black jeans, red Converse, and will have obviously self-cut hair. If anybody here spots me hovering about, grab my arm and whisper 'CookdandBombd.'

I'm making a surprise appearance as Biggytitbo.

Thomas

BlodwynPig

Thomas

Right, well, see you all tomorrow later today, tittering as you might be.

neveragain

Well, I hope everyone involved has had a lovely day. Recollections welcome when you're all hungover.

canadagoose

Quote from: neveragain on June 14, 2013, 10:32:28 PM
Well, I hope everyone involved has had a lovely day. Recollections welcome when you're all hungover.
I'm reliably informed that it went well, and that the celebrations are continuing!

Thomas

It was very interesting, our very own gout_pony had a great bit about Nathan Barley.

We were also privy to some previously unseen footage of Chris Morris as a young bass player in 'The Exploding Hamsters,' smirking around and bending his knees coolly.

BlodwynPig

Thomas, lovely to meet you.

We had Thomas, Retinend, Thick and Creamy and the beloved Gout Pony. No sign of you other miscreants, but there was a lookalike shoulders with a nice shiny bald palate.

Just left Retinend and Thick and Creamy scrambling drunkenly for the train that they would have missed if it wasn't delayed - they might still be at station...

The symposium was great, the highlight being Gouty and a talk on ambient techno and jam. The early Exploding Hamsters material was a wonder to behold.

Thomas

And likewise, Mr. Pig.

Chris Morris himself was invited to the event; 'flattered' though he was, however, he apparently said he was too busy 'working' on some stuff to attend. A quick lie or a hopeful statement, who knows?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on June 14, 2013, 11:37:22 PM
And likewise, Mr. Pig.

Chris Morris himself was invited to the event; 'flattered' though he was, however, he apparently said he was too busy 'working' on some stuff to attend. A quick lie or a hopeful statement, who knows?

Oh, you missed out - he turned up at the pub later...

cackling

Thomas

El Unicornio, mang

I spent the day in bed with flu so couldn't get to the thing or any of the other stuff. Glad to hear it was good though!

benthalo

Gout Pony was superb. Thanks for coming everyone.

BlodwynPig

Never trust eggs, that's all I am saying.

Hope you got the trains everyone!

ThickAndCreamy

Me and retinend did manage to get that very last train, but only as it was delayed by an hour and a half.

That was a wonderful day all in all. The lectures were pretty damn interesting and insightful and it was lovely to go for a drink with gout_pony and Blodwyn afterwards. Surprised at quite just how much fun I had and how pissed we ended up getting. It's odd meeting people who you find you almost immediately have a lot in common with. Thanks once again for taking us to the station in the end as well as taking us to some lovely pubs Blodwyn and buying us a drink and hopefully we'll all meet at some point again in the future.

I'll try and have a read of the book sometime this week, it certainly seems fascinating enough.

BlodwynPig

Gout pony had a similar dash to the station thanks to those darned eggs!

garbed_attic

Kind words, you all. I had an edifying time and it was lovely to meet many interesting people with interesting things to say. Thomas is a snappy dresser and has a hint of Stewart Lee about his face, while Blooders, ThickAndCreamy, Retinend and myself concluded that the image of Britain is an old man leering over a young woman singing 'Agadoo', I think.

Highlights of the symposium were a pleasing litany of ambient albums, the first sketch from 'Blue Jam' beng played at the start without explanation, an in-depth dissection of the bomb dogs sketch, the aforementioned battle of the bands competition at Norwich featuring The Exploding Hamsters, having the priviledge of talking about 'Nathan Barley' in front of an assembled audience, but moreover, meeting the above from the forums.

BlodwynPig

I'd just like to say that the above mentioned CaBbers were the most wonderful people I have met in the last decade or so. Startling.

Kane Jones

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 18, 2013, 08:26:47 AM
I'd just like to say that the above mentioned CaBbers were the most wonderful people I have met in the last decade or so. Startling.

Wait 'til you meet me.  I'm a proper cunt.

garbed_attic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 18, 2013, 08:26:47 AM

Excepting Canadagoose, of course!

But really, thank you! You're a lovely chap and have (of what I saw of it) a record collection worthy of laudation!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kane Jones on June 18, 2013, 09:36:14 AM
Wait 'til you meet me.  I'm a proper cunt.

Will you kick my shins, unprovoked?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gout_pony on June 18, 2013, 10:22:34 AM
Excepting Canadagoose, of course!

But really, thank you! You're a lovely chap and have (of what I saw of it) a record collection worthy of laudation!

Thanks Gouty. I am still finding egg shells in all sorts of strange places :))

Kane Jones

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 18, 2013, 10:27:18 AM
Will you kick my shins, unprovoked?

I'd be more spiteful and sneaky than that.  I'd go to shake your hand and use one of those electric shock thingies.  Or I'd give you a pat on the back, but leave a 'kick my arse' sticker on your jacket.  You know, that sort of cunt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kane Jones on June 18, 2013, 10:39:13 AM
I'd be more spiteful and sneaky than that.  I'd go to shake your hand and use one of those electric shock thingies.  Or I'd give you a pat on the back, but leave a 'kick my arse' sticker on your jacket.  You know, that sort of cunt.

You'd regret it when you see the 10 O'Clock news later in the evening - "bloated corpse of Pigman found naked in skip with swastika's burned into his buttocks"

Kane Jones

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 18, 2013, 11:07:28 AM
You'd regret it when you see the 10 O'Clock news later in the evening - "bloated corpse of Pigman found naked in skip with swastika's burned into his buttocks"

No, I wouldn't regret it.  I'd revel in it.  See?  That's the kinda cunt I am.