Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Academic Text and Symposium

Started by Johnny Townmouse, April 21, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kane Jones on June 18, 2013, 11:18:00 AM
No, I wouldn't regret it.  I'd revel in it.  See?  That's the kinda cunt I am.

Ah! But my ghost will be a bigger cunt.

Kane Jones

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 18, 2013, 11:24:09 AM
Ah! But my ghost will be a bigger cunt.

The Ghost Pig Cunt.  Isn't that a Dick King-Smith book?

Neville Chamberlain

Is there any footage of this event (the seminar, not the subsequent booze-up)?

Thomas

I don't think there's any footage of the symposium, Neville, I'm afraid. But I have found this photograph of The Exploding Hamsters - I think Morris is at the very left, at the back -

Neville Chamberlain

Haha, marvellous! I'm sure I've seen that picture before, but I can't for the life of me remember where (is it included in Disgusting Bliss?). Anyway, I'm pleased to say that I should be taking delivery of the book within the next couple of days!

Thomas

Yes, just had a look and there's a very similar picture in Disgusting Bliss. I think the photos were taken at the Norwich battle-of-the-bands event we saw footage of (no doubt broadcast by North Norfolk Radio).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on June 20, 2013, 05:26:26 PM
Yes, just had a look and there's a very similar picture in Disgusting Bliss. I think the photos were taken at the Norwich battle-of-the-bands event we saw footage of (no doubt broadcast by North Norfolk Radio).

Getting nostalgic. I have no idea why I didn't even take a single photo that day for memories sake.

Institutional stupidity

Sorry for butting in here, but I was talking with some one off the board, who was lecturing with another guy. He gave me his business card and I lost it cos I got pissed on all the free red wine. I'm guessing it's one of you lot. I was going to give you the link to the paedogeddon mega-mix I did.. so I thought I would just post it here. Thanks for a great symposium and what looks like a fascinating book.  From a long time lerker :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw6obo82dz4hivr/P33doPopstarPokefun.avi

neveragain

Now, I'm quite offbeat in my tastes... but I find that quite worrying.

garbed_attic

Have you folks read the book yet? If so, what do you make of it? :)

Personally, I enjoyed Dan North's chapter because it's precise and not too laboured and I thought Brett Mills' piece on Brass Eye and cultural capital was sterling. I would love to read the entire study.

Hymenoptera

Quote from: gout_pony on July 11, 2013, 01:30:12 PM
Have you folks read the book yet? If so, what do you make of it? :)

Personally, I enjoyed Dan North's chapter because it's precise and not too laboured and I thought Brett Mills' piece on Brass Eye and cultural capital was sterling. I would love to read the entire study.

I got my copy quite recently. I started with the chapters on Blue Jam and jam. It's an excellent read, I'm really stuck into it. I've got about four books on the go at the moment, but this is the one I keep picking up.

neveragain

It's very impressive, I just wish it was twice the size! (Means I'm enjoying it)

BlodwynPig

About half way through, very interesting, especially the stuff that goes beyond just the Chris Morris work.

TJ

Now finished reading this, and loved every page, even the stuff I did some fellow-academic-stroke-Morris-fanatic harrumphing at! Thoroughly recommend this to any Morris enthusiast who 'thinks about stuff' (man), particularly Justin Lewis' contribution. Buy it!

weekender

Quote from: TJ on August 08, 2013, 12:10:11 PMThoroughly recommend this to any Morris enthusiast who 'thinks about stuff'

Oh, I probably won't bother then, on two counts.

TJ