Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BOC ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Started by chocky909, April 22, 2013, 08:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

Well that's what Pitchfork based their confirmation on. I guess that either the record shop could be in on it for publicity or they've been taken in by someone pretending to be from Warp. Alternatively it could be real but I'm sure it would've been confirmed by now if that was the case. It's more likely that the band and the label would delay confirming the hoax as it's great publicity whereas the doubt would be damaging publicity if it was real. An official announcement from Warp would be the thing right now.

This is just annoying.

Quote from: chocky909 on April 23, 2013, 03:22:23 PM
The plot thickens. Serge?

I've just put a message out for Serge over the CaB tannoy. (in the 'Record Store Day' thread).  Hopefully he'll be over to assist shortly.

Serge

Funcrusher

Quote from: Serge on April 23, 2013, 04:42:20 PM
No idea. I've had the last two days off.

...after filing the Boards of Canada single in the wrong section.

Benway

The kids tell me that something got played on Radio 1 tonight with the track title ------ / ------- / ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX

chocky909

It checks out. It's listed on Zane Lowes show. Curiouser and curiouser.

vrailaine

If I were Boards of Canada, the only reason I'd do something like this is to see what kind of hoax shit people would buy as new BoC material.

Not really that impatient for new material, still haven't listened to the last album. Is it any good? I recall the response being pretty muted.

BlodwynPig

chocky909

Plays at 51:48 on iPlayer. It's the same clip of music followed by a new sequence of numbers. That's 3 now. I'm assuming all the 12"s have the same number and the other numbers will be revealed in other ways.

Bollocks this whole stunt may be but it seems very likely that this means new material from Boards Of Canada is nigh.

Which is nice. I'm not a huge fan but I really do like some of their tracks.

gabrielconroy

This is the sequence as revealed so far:

Any John Nash clones around here able to decipher it?

vrailaine

Whoever done that image had the same thought I had about the HTML colour coding anyway, not that that means anything.

Most likely just a code to give a date anyways, innit. Y/Y/M/M/D/D or whatever

BlodwynPig

or a web address to their new release site (I still think fake)....

www.boc.com/newrelease/album.xxx :))

chocky909

4th clip played on NPR.

http://pitchfork.com/news/50454-listen-two-more-boards-of-canada-snippets-air-on-bbc-and-npr/

Not sure how this could all be fake but then I suppose that bomb detector salesman managed to keep his ruse going for 10 years...

Subtle Mocking

The plot thickens again, code number two found? http://t.co/POwTLotzh2

This one is quite different to the other three.

chocky909

Source? Your PC by any chance?

Rumours are that the next number will be appearing this afternoon on Channel 4.

chocky909

It's slightly better than Beep Cleep Chimney's effort but it's very unlikely to be a genuine part of this promo.

Subtle Mocking

Aye, probably a fake. Twoism don't seem to have mentioned anything.

Subtle Mocking

EDIT: This was the video posted by 'hellinterface' in the comments for EYDIAB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDKGVd7B7Sk&hd=1%EF%B%C2%ADB%BF

Leads to one of the four codes. Edited because I posted a link which turned out to be fake.

EDIT 2: IT'S COMING U GUYZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2UVBIlRL04

gabrielconroy

I doubt it's a fake, at least not one that isn't perpetrated by Warp (for whatever reason). If it is a 'fake' carried out by Warp then it still serves the purpose of increasing the hype about the new BoC album. It seems very unlikely someone who isn't the label could make these records and sleeves, and get playtime on the BBC and NPR.

Blinder Data

From that YT link:

QuoteI found a link to this page via a QR code sticker on a can of IRN-BRU in ALDI.

It's LEGIT people!

'ALDI IRN-BRU' is an anagram for RURAL BIN ID.

We've got to find this bin people, somewhere in the Pentland Hills.

It holds the next clue.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANYMORE

Johnny Yesno

chocky909

Isn't that just an old BOC track? It sounds very familiar but then I suppose a lot of them do.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: chocky909 on April 25, 2013, 03:53:37 PM
Isn't that just an old BOC track? It sounds very familiar but then I suppose a lot of them do.

Could be. That would be good wheeze, though, wouldn't it? Create music that sounds strangely familiar to start with and just keep selling it over and over to people with failing memories.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on April 25, 2013, 03:26:17 PM
New video has appeared. Make of it what you will.

www.youtube.com/v/f-zOsnqSG8c&rel=0&egm=0&showinfo=0&fs=1

It's a fake sadly. The guys on Twoism have dismissed it as some Sony Vegas DIY job. Apparently the tube was made by Tycho.

chocky909

What was that track though? Shazam didn't come up with anything for me.

This is nice in the meantime. Zoetrope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISkCvnXJwgI