Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BOC ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Started by chocky909, April 22, 2013, 08:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
EDIT:

YOU WEARIN' A WIRE?

LIFT UP THAT GODDAMN T-SHIRT AND PROVE YOU AIN'T A SNITCH.

(Have a lovely day.)

Just found my copy of 'In a Beautiful Place Out in The Country' on my doorstep. The EP reissues have now released, seemingly.

holyzombiejesus

Just wondering if anyone has any idea whether the original or earlier pressings of the recently reissued stuff (namely MHTRTC, Geogaddi and IABPOITC) are holding their value at all? I don't care about pressings so might cash mine in and get the reissues if there's £££ in it? I've looked on ebay but it doesn't look like any have been put on sale for a while.

Bobby Treetops

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 17, 2014, 03:36:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any idea whether the original or earlier pressings of the recently reissued stuff (namely MHTRTC, Geogaddi and IABPOITC) are holding their value at all? I don't care about pressings so might cash mine in and get the reissues if there's £££ in it? I've looked on ebay but it doesn't look like any have been put on sale for a while.

Maybe not as much as before but still might be worth doing

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=boards+of+canada&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

NattyDread

Anyone want a download code for Twoism? You have to register with Bleep to redeem it.

mcbpete

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 17, 2014, 03:36:18 PM
N.B. Apparently there are a quite a few mispressings of the reissues of The Campfire Headphase, Twoism & Trans Canada Highway (and apparently Corsair from Geogaddi seems to have some issues) so I reckon the first pressings are definitely gonna keep their value

WARPLP123R, WARPLP70R, WAP200R  [The Campfire Headphase/Twoism/Trans Canada Highway] were all pressed at Vinyl Factory  and going by the sound 'quality' of my Burial/Massive Attack single that I paid £25 for, it doesn't surprise me.

hanley

Quote from: mcbpete on January 20, 2014, 02:53:07 PM
N.B. Apparently there are a quite a few mispressings of the reissues of The Campfire Headphase, Twoism & Trans Canada Highway (and apparently Corsair from Geogaddi seems to have some issues) so I reckon the first pressings are definitely gonna keep their value

WARPLP123R, WARPLP70R, WAP200R  [The Campfire Headphase/Twoism/Trans Canada Highway] were all pressed at Vinyl Factory  and going by the sound 'quality' of my Burial/Massive Attack single that I paid £25 for, it doesn't surprise me.

Does Warp stick the R on habitually to differentiate the reissues as opposed to the original pressings?

mcbpete

Not sure - I've just looked up on discogs and it looks like the 2012 repressing of 'Aphex Twin ‎– ...I Care Because You Do' LP has the same cat# as the original ( WARP LP 30 ) so, yeah it looks like it's not always the case

holyzombiejesus

Does anyone know about this, a replacement 3rd disc for Geogaddi, due to faulty pressings with the original repress?

http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada-Geogaddi/release/5443773