Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Two Pints (*hack spit*): Kill Jonny

Started by steevbishop, July 19, 2004, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The fate of Jonny (happening next (death))

Jonny dies
11 (55%)
Jonny lives
2 (10%)
Sorry, Jonny?
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 19, 2004, 10:07:13 PM

Lumiere

Oh, is Ralph Little the chap who plays the son in Royle Family? Sorry, I got the people mixed up. Yes, he's OK. He was good in Royle Family, but in two pints he's useless due to the shite ideas and script.

I don't think anyone else on the two pints "acting" team has good timing. The guys are just Jamie Theakston clones (tub of hair gel, reads lines with a thimbleful of emotion), and the girls are just mindless bimbos given lines to read in whatever way they see fit and boys they can pretend to fancy.

The script is an abortion, every episode.

Si

I still don't fully understand the vitriol towards this program.  

It should have only run for 1 series - once they started to run out of ideas and had to introduce pointless characters like "Munch" it was really just re-hashing the same scripts, but series 1 definitely had plenty of amusing lines, and I can't personally see whats so bad in the acting either.

I'm probably just too old.  Although having said that, I'm sure the program was designed to appeal to people 20 years younger than me...............

steevbishop

Quote from: "Si"I'm probably just too old.  Although having said that, I'm sure the program was designed to appeal to people 20 years younger than me...............

If you're between 24 and 36, then yes.

Dark Sky

There was one joke I saw in Two Pints which I thought was great...now what was it...

Something to do with the woman saying "you never listen to anything I say", and the guy saying "yeah I do", and the woman saying "so what did I say when I walked in through the door?"  And the guy says "You said *blah blah* and then you said *blah blah* and then you asked what the capital of Siria was." / "That wasn't me, that was Fifteen to One..."

HAHAHAHA..ha...ha....

I caught my housemate watching it the other week.  I scowled at him until he felt thoroughly ashamed of himself.

I dunno.  There's always the "if you don't like it, don't watch it!" argument, which is all very well and good.  But it really gets to me that some person at BBC Two is quite happy to commission new series of this SHIT, and yet cancel something like People Like U.S.

That is what makes me sick.

Nick :sick:

Lumiere

Quote from: "Dark Sky"
But it really gets to me that some person at BBC Two is quite happy to commission new series of this SHIT, and yet cancel something like People Like U.S.

Very true. I've only seen series 1 of people like us - there were a couple of episodes that didn't really strike me as hilarious, but they were 10000 times better than anything 2pints has ploughed out.

Jemble Fred

Well, funnily enough, they have just commissioned this, which sounds awfully good to me, even if it was the RootMonster that gave the nod:

QuotePaul Whitehouse has landed a new BBC2 comedy series in which he will play 30 new characters.

The Fast Show star will play the cast of patients visiting a psychiatrist, played by Chris Langham People Like Us.

Half a dozen characters will appear in each 30-minute episode of the as-yet untitled new comedy, some as regulars and some as one-offs.

Langham and Whitehouse will also write the series, MediaGuardian reports.

The comedy Whitehouse's first new series since Happiness ended two years ago.

The new comedy, commissioned by former BBC2 controller Jane Root before she quit the channel in May, is due to be broadcast next year.

hencole

2 pints isn't nearly as bad as people make out. There are some great jokes tossed in each week between the cheeks of the 'bum love' cliche it has become. Little is a good actor and the rest are OK, although I can't stand any of the female characters. I think the irritating aspects of the show overwhelm the good even though more of it is good than bad, the bad really makes itself felt.  

Should Jonny die? I couldn't give a fuck and neither should all the people who hate this programme so much that they need to talk about it more than any other programme on telly.

Dark Sky

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Well, funnily enough, they have just commissioned this,

I heard about that yesterday...I don't know if it sounds really good, or really bad.

I have mixed feelings about Paul Whitehouse, but maybe because I haven't really seen anything of his beyond the Fast Show...and my fickle attitude of the Fast Show I think tends to lean towards Charlie Higson rather than him...

Certainly one to look out for, though.

Nick :o)

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "hencole"2 pints isn't nearly as bad as people make out. There are some great jokes tossed in each week between the cheeks of the 'bum love' cliche it has become. Little is a good actor and the rest are OK, although I can't stand any of the female characters. I think the irritating aspects of the show overwhelm the good even though more of it is good than bad, the bad really makes itself felt.  

Should Jonny die? I couldn't give a fuck and neither should all the people who hate this programme so much that they need to talk about it more than any other programme on telly.

Some of those great jokes here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/twopints/quotes/

hencole

None of those are funny as well you know.

GuiltyLionel

Let's be honest, this program is terrible!

It's depressing to think that this program is allowed a budget from the license-payer's BBC and is shown on BBC 2 as well as BBC 3. Nickson is not the most established of writers, and this program is the exact reason why. To sum it up in one word...cheap. It's a cheap show, with cheap laughs (mainly consisting of childish sexual innuendo) in short, a tactless setup with absolutely no complexity or challenging content (which is unfortunately the way all TV seems to be going these days). What makes it even more unbearable is that hollyoaks girl that uses the most cryptic, unnecessary and over-exagerated facial expressions to gloss over the unemotive script. You could probably compile a 30 minute 'best bits' episodes just from her horrifically unlikely reactions.

If tasteless humour is what you like (by tasteless, we're talking -just- disgusting details of bodily functions, that is literally the depth this show has), this is the program for you.

"Pissing outside is one of life's greatest pleasures." - quote from the tpolaapoc website.

The only thing Nickson should be writing is her suicide note.

Dark Sky

Quote from: "GuiltyLionel"The only thing Nickson should be writing is her suicide note.

...well, as long as I don't have to read it...

-Nick