Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darling Violetta

Started by Viscova, May 05, 2013, 09:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viscova

Has anyone heard of them? They are described as "dark pop" by Wikipedia. But I think they are rather joyous. They are mostly about the love between two women. Not necessarily two lesbians, but nevertheless it may be perceived that way. They can be somewhat mournful, but not in any political way. Just in the way that one girl can slip away from another girl and adopt herself into the hegemony. If you have heard of them, let me know.

holyzombiejesus

If you need a furtive midnight wank and you have no rag/ sock to hand, do you let the sheets absorb the mess or let your pyjamas soak it up? No-one else on here will answer this simple question so I may as well ask some newbie spamming their atrocious sounding band.

Viscova

It's a pretty good guess. I guess I just thought this was the safest place to start, a low activity forum. Didn't wanna just jump in to the hard esoteric stuff. Maybe we can talk about your band, Big Mister Spam Killer Sr.

As for DVs creds, look em up. They ain't gettin no bigger from my spam on this cutsie comedy forum.

Love + Love,

Viscova

wosl

Quote from: Viscova on May 05, 2013, 09:22:06 AM
If you have heard of them, let me know.

Heard them or heard of them?  I've heard of them, but I haven't heard them. Precious band names tend to make me flee in the other direction.  I thinking perhaps, Strawberry Switchblade, but with a more goth/30 eyelet bootgaze/William Morris vines and Celtic cross tattoos flavour?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Viscova on May 05, 2013, 09:39:00 AM
It's a pretty good guess. I guess I just thought this was the safest place to start, a low activity forum. Didn't wanna just jump in to the hard esoteric stuff. Maybe we can talk about your band, Big Mister Spam Killer Sr.

As for DVs creds, look em up. They ain't gettin no bigger from my spam on this cutsie comedy forum.

Love + Love,

Viscova

You've still not answered my question...

Viscova

Quote from: wosl on May 05, 2013, 09:49:35 AM
Heard them or heard of them?  I've heard of them, but I haven't heard them. Precious band names tend to make me flee in the other direction.  I thinking perhaps, Strawberry Switchblade, but with a more goth/30 eyelet bootgaze/William Morris vines and Celtic cross tattoos flavour?

Strawberry Switchblade
Eyelet bootgaze

Gotcha. Two cool new band names for me to check out.

As for precious names making you flee, I guess we are the opposite. I love the cutesie. Especially the cutesie which threatens darkness. Call me a goth, whatever. But I still love Marilyn Manson and Type O Negative too.

Viscova

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 05, 2013, 09:50:32 AM
You've still not answered my question...

I don't sap very much, but if I had a Dark Tree, I would go pajamas everytime. :)

holyzombiejesus

That's more like it! Welcome to Cookandbombd!

The Βoston Crab

Just listened, guys. They're fucking amazing, you should all buy their shit now.

Viscova

Fuck Darling Violetta.

And thanks, Mr Zombie.

Oh, and cute psychedelic cat.

wosl

Quote from: Viscova on May 05, 2013, 10:01:18 AM
Strawberry Switchblade
Eyelet bootgaze

Gotcha. Two cool new band names for me to check out.

30 eyelet bootgaze is a - currently - fictitious, twatty sub-genre I've just invented, but Strawberry Switchblade are worth checking out.  Dreamy, ethereal-tinged pop.  Surprisingly catchy.  Came out of the same Glasgow art student milieu that spawned the Postcard bands.  Rose McDowall went on to do presumably darker, more transgressive stuff (I've not heard it) with Boyd Rice.

holyzombiejesus

Glasgow's Geographic Records are currently planning a big Strawberry Switchblade reissue. Rose did get into some weird nazi black magick sex ritual stuff, which is documented here...

http://www.strawberryswitchblade.net/print.php?section=interviews&item=rose

Viscova

Wosl, let's make up some new bands:

Transviolent Kitten Klass
Watermelon Symphony
Dark Dead Ugly Fuckers
Wonder Child Lives For Death
Lina Merser Is Too Stupid To Live

wosl

I can't be bothered.  The Beach Beetles.  The Beachles.  See?

wosl

imitationleather

Famous Mortimer

Didn't they do the theme tune for some TV show?

Benevolent Despot

Angel. Those halcyon days when T4 used to air it and Stargate SG-1 at the weekends. What strange days those were.

A time lost.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

I haven't heard them but I expect they're shit, like all new bands.

Spiteface

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on May 05, 2013, 07:44:22 PM
Angel. Those halcyon days when T4 used to air it...

And cut it to fucking ribbons.  They should be shot for that.

Viscova

Quote from: imitationleather on May 05, 2013, 03:44:26 PM
You saucy cunt.

I remember you from the old Novogate days, Mister Leather. And you were always just about this pleasant.

Viscova

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 05, 2013, 07:32:37 PM
Didn't they do the theme tune for some TV show?

Benevolent is correct. Too bad that Angel sucked so much and it was one of DV's worst tunes. So it goes. Squink.