Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Pegg

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, May 08, 2013, 01:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

checkoutgirl

He's not a good looking lad, is he ?

Blumf

Aw crap! I'd forgotten he was in it.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Blumf on May 08, 2013, 01:49:42 PM
Aw crap! I'd forgotten he was in it.

Yeah, he did slightly stink up the first one.  I like Pegg, but I don't understand why they couldn't have got, y'know, a Scottish actor to play the part of Scotty?

It's nearly as bad as in The Last Samurai where (Checkoutgirl's current boyfriend) Billy Connolly is cutting about with an awful Irish accent.  How's about you either hire a fucking Irish actor, or perhaps make Connolly's character a Scot?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Kane Jones on May 08, 2013, 01:52:38 PM
(Checkoutgirl's current boyfriend) Billy Connolly

Woah woah, it was just sex. We're not an item.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

PEGG bigger, deeper and longer and wider than any PEGG you have seen before

Mister Six

Did Scotty have that stupid toupee in the first film?

Mildly Diverting

I've always had time for Pegg since he posted in the 'I hate Simon Pegg' thread on sotcaa.

That's it, really.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Mildly Diverting on May 08, 2013, 02:53:38 PM
I've always had time for Pegg since he posted in the 'I hate Simon Pegg' thread on sotcaa.

That's it, really.

What did he say in it?

Mildly Diverting

Basically said, "Bloody hell, really shouldn't have come here. Congrats on a great site everyone, but my fragile ego really doesn't need this, so I'll be off.' He was very reasoned in amongst a series of people calling him a cunt.

Icehaven

Theoretically I like him because of Spaced, but...I always have this sneaking suspicion that the relaxed, funky fellow persona is a tad false. Partly because it usually is, isn't it, partly because I cannot stand (and never, ever believe) people who claim their massive success (particularly in the entertainment industry) has happened to them virtually by accident, and I'm sure I've heard him peddling that schtick a few times, and partly because I remember reading an interview with Jessica Hynes/Stevenson where she practically burst into tears over the way him and Edgar Wright basically took off together after Spaced and left her out. Which is probably not exactly how it happened anyway. I'm sure he's lovely really.   

Rolf Lundgren

I like Pegg, but I don't understand why they couldn't have got, y'know, a Scottish actor to play the part of Scotty?

Original Scotty wasn't even Scottish, he was Canadian. You're missing the point here, the real question is why didn't they get a big fat guy?

El Unicornio, mang

Scotty wasn't fat (when he was younger)

chocky909

They should've got Rab Florence to play Scotty.

Or Eamonn Holmes.

Or the guy that plays Roy Cropper in Coronation Street.

Or Helen Hunt.

Mister Six

Quote from: icehaven on May 08, 2013, 08:58:17 PMI remember reading an interview with Jessica Hynes/Stevenson where she practically burst into tears over the way him and Edgar Wright basically took off together after Spaced and left her out.   

Is that interview online somewhere? I'd be interested to read it.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 09, 2013, 01:35:11 AM
Scotty wasn't fat (when he was younger)

You're right. Everything about the man is a lie. Not Scottish, not fat, not his own hair. A real Walter Mitty type, probably wasn't even an engineer.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on May 09, 2013, 07:41:12 AM
You're right. Everything about the man is a lie. Not Scottish, not fat, not his own hair. A real Walter Mitty type, probably wasn't even an engineer.

Pegg is actually the ideal choice then.  I stand corrected.

mobias

Yeah, he did slightly stink up the first one.  I like Pegg, but I don't understand why they couldn't have got, y'know, a Scottish actor to play the part of Scotty?

I liked him in the first one and the fact that he wasn't Scottish and did an almost deliberately crap Scottish accent seemed to tie in the with the original portrayal by James Doohan quite well I thought.

Famous Mortimer

A few of my friends are going to see it tonight, and I just couldn't be bothered to join them after the *shrug* of the first film.

Tiny Poster

Are Picard and Data in this one? Not gonna bother if they aren't.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Tiny Poster on May 09, 2013, 02:13:39 PM
Are Picard and Data in this one? Not gonna bother if they aren't.

Weren't they in the rubbish 90s version of Star Trek?  I only like the old Kirk ones.  The moralistic, soap-opera-in-space 90s ones were crap and rubbish.

Tiny Poster

What? Picard was fucking rock hard. Is he in it then?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThe moralistic, soap-opera-in-space 90s ones were crap and rubbish.

It amuses. The implication that the original series was not moralistic.

Kane Jones

Oh go away, Smuggy?-Smuggy!

Original Star Trek was old and is therefore exempt from such criticisms.  90s Star Trek should've known better with its 'lessons being learned at the end' bullshit.  And at least Kirk got off with all the girls. The Picard stuff was all soft focus and crap.

Tiny Poster

Picard and Riker did loads of space shagging. Worf got plenty of on-board action too. Even Data got to do some boning.

Blumf

Johnny Textface

Also, TNG featured some of the best sitting down eva..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Star Trek reminds us that in the far off future the hair styling and fashion trends of the 1960s, 1990s and 00s will be very popular.