Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:55:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What Sitcoms/Comedy Do You Want To Hear/See?

Started by TTT, July 21, 2004, 03:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTT

Ok, i've got loads of comedy stuff on vcds/vhs/dvds/mp3s etc i'm sure there will be people on here who would want to download some of the stuff. So i thought i would start a thread where we can request stuff that isn't commercially available and other people can post if they have a copy.

I still need episodes 7+8 of Harry Hills TV Burp Series 2, if anyone has those.

SimonJT

The canned laughter thread reminded me of this... World of Pub? You probably don't have it.

danabnormal

well , unfortunatly , when those 'pallbearers revue' where floating about i missed episodes 1 and 3 , i know , silly bugger aint i , but if anyone has them i would be very greatful.

Purple Tentacle

Rock Profiles!

John Shuttleworth's 500 Bus Stops

RHX

Gavin

Do you only come here to give us things? Not a complaint, obviously.

I've a vague feeling that you have lots of Comic Strip Presents... stuff. There's been a few torrents of these knocking about over the last few days which have whetted my appetite.

The ones I have are
1.   1-1       02-Nov-1982   Five Go Mad in Dorset
4.   1-4       24-Jan-1983    Bad News Tour
6.   1-6       UNAIRED       Back to Normal with Eddie Monsoon
7.   2-1       02-Nov-1983   Five Go Mad on Mescalin
8.   2-2       07-Jan-1984   Dirty Movie
10.   2-4       21-Jan-1984    A Fistful of Travellers' Cheques
19.   4-2       27-Feb-1988    More Bad News
20.   4-3       05-Mar-1988    Mr. Jolly Lives Next Door
     S-4       04-Jan-2000    Four Men in a Plane

Any others would be gratefully received.

Pinball

With the amount of stuff that everyone's accumulating (MP3s, MPGs, RMs etc.), P2P and even bit torrent doesn't seem adequate anymore. Tape/CD/DVD swapping seems the way forward, esp. if you want to maintain video quality.

I'm happy to swap non-commercial stuff, and e.g. can burn DVDRs. I set aside a Maxtor 300GB external just for comedy (so I have it all in one place), and by jingo it's rapidly filling up, esp. with BBC7 and R4 rips! I haven't made a list, partly as it would take too long. If anyone wants a few DVDs of comedy let me know! I also have lots of paranoid Alex Jones type stuff too (naturally), and Icke's lectures on lizards (never trust a man who's written 14 books).

I like DVD copying because it's so easy to do, quick (not "realtime" like VHS copying), and there's no quality degradation.

TTT

I have these comic strips, ill stick another one of them on suprnova tomorrow. Which one should i do first. Also is your eddie monsoon different to the one that i have.

The Comic Strip - Five Go Mad in Dorset.avi
The Comic Strip - Beat Generation (Missing End Credits).avi
The Comic Strip - Bad News Tour.mpg
The Comic Strip - Summer School.wmv
The Comic Strip - Five Go Mad on Mescalin.mpg
The Comic Strip - Dirty Movie.mpg
The Comic Strip - A Fistfull Of Travellers Cheques.avi
The Comic Strip - Gino - Full Story And Pics.avi
The Comic Strip - The Supergrass.avi
The Comic Strip - Eat The Rich.avi
The Comic Strip - More Bad News.mpg
The Comic Strip - Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.mpg
The Comic Strip - Didn't You Kill My Brother.wmv
The Comic Strip - Sunseekers.wmv
The Comic Strip - G.L.C. The Carnage Continues.wmv
The Comic Strip - Demonella.mpg
The Comic Strip - Four Men In A Car.mpg
The Comic Strip - Four Men in a Plane.mpg
The Comic Strip - Private Enterprise.avi
The Comic Strip - Eddie Monsoon, A Life.wmv
The Comic Strip - War.avi      

The Comic Strip - Four Men In A Car (PROMO).mpg
The Comic Strip - Documentary Part 1.mpg
The Comic Strip - Documentary Part 2.mpg

Gavin

Quote from: "TTT"I have these comic strips, ill stick another one of them on suprnova tomorrow. Which one should i do first. Also is your eddie monsoon different to the one that i have.

My Eddie Monsoon is 30min 10secs and a 216MB AVI file ripped from Paramount Comedy Channel by Shameless himself.
As to which episode to stick on Suprnova, I don't mind. I'm sure someone will be along with their favourites.

Do you have a copy of Iannucci's Facts and Fancies book? PM me your home address if you want me to post a copy to you.

mister mike

Is it the one where Edddie Monson finishes by singing 'My Way' while being sick?
If so TTT's title is the accurate one.

I would like to vote for  the 'GLC' comic strip episode to be shared first - the later BBC version eps don't really get repeated as the Ch4 ones.

This thread is a good idea, but isn't it a bit similar to the torrent one that was stopped a little while back?

I notice  TTT doesn't mention  Consuella (maybe misspelt) or  the 'red nose of courage' (the one about john major the clown) - which I have on a poorish copy - I can add these to the pot.

I would like to convert my  VHS  to divx to preserve and share - dont mean to turn into a tech thread- I have a basic capture card but would upgrade if needed - any chance of a quick recommendation to get good results - such as the quality of the CNNNN downloads that were available a little while back?

Thankyou.

PS - Still after 'exploitica' series 1 & 2 - but with advice above I will make the third series I do have available - anyone know or care?

TTT

Quote from: "mister mike"This thread is a good idea, but isn't it a bit similar to the torrent one that was stopped a little while back?

Ive cleared it with the boss, it should be alright as long nobody posts commercially available stuff.

QuoteI notice  TTT doesn't mention  Consuella (maybe misspelt) or  the 'red nose of courage' (the one about john major the clown) - which I have on a poorish copy - I can add these to the pot.

That would be great, I havn't seen either of those.

QuoteI would like to convert my  VHS  to divx to preserve and share - dont mean to turn into a tech thread- I have a basic capture card but would upgrade if needed - any chance of a quick recommendation to get good results - such as the quality of the CNNNN downloads that were available a little while back?

Try capturing a sample of one of the episodes with your existing card and upload it here and maybe we can give you some tips on how to improve.

Gavin

My Eddie Monsoon is in fact the one mentioned by TTT. I was confused by this episode list http://www.tvtome.com/ComicStripPresents/eplist.html  which only mentions Back to Normal with Eddie Monsoon.

http://epguides.com/ComicStripPresents/ would appear to be more reliable.

Lumiere

Neil

Quote from: "TTT"Ive cleared it with the boss, it should be alright as long nobody posts commercially available stuff.

Yep, and also as long as people aren't signing up just to ask for stuff etc.  Should be alright for a while anyway.

Dr David V

Ooh, what can I ask for... have you got any Stressed Eric? I think there were 14 episodes in total, 7 in a series.

tony peanuts

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Rock Profiles!

I have most of these on VHS.  I'll happily send the tapes to anyone if they want to capture and share them.  

And while we're requesting stuff can I second for World of Pub.  I have a vague memory of watching most of 1 episode of this and quite enjoying it and I'd quite like to see if it's true.

Paaaaul

Quote from: "mister mike"
I would like to convert my  VHS  to divx to preserve and share - dont mean to turn into a tech thread- I have a basic capture card but would upgrade if needed - any chance of a quick recommendation to get good results - such as the quality of the CNNNN downloads that were available a little while back?
Those CNNNN downloads were mostly standard VCD compliant Mpgs. All capture cards should let you convert direct to Mpg. If it will allow you to record direct to divx then try that, it's a much better format for sharing on the net, because you can get as good quality in a much smaller file. Not quite as handy for putting onto VCD or DVD though.

SimonJT

Any of the Armistice would be cool, too - I know some of this was torrented quite recently, but I was a latecomer to torrents (I have quite a few half shows...).

Vermschneid Mehearties

Nightingales...

You people have me interested.

bomb_dog

I'd quite like to finally see 'Didn't you Kill My Brother?'.

If you were the person who posted Mr Jolly Lives Next Door, I'm really grateful as I only know one person who has it on VHS, and he won't let it out of his sight!

It was great to finally get to see it.. Best bit was.... 'if you can't make it messy, make it noisy. If you can't make it noisy, make it stupid!' Made me chuckle, that.

I didn't also know about the 'Four Men In A Plane' special, though I saw the car one.  They only ever seem to repeat 'The Strike' and 'Five Go Mad In Dorset'  when the Comic Strip name appears on telly.

mister mike

Well glad the thread is sticking around - I really want to try a hand at sharing  some comedy nuggets but the last thread was stopped before I could ask the helpful bods about - torrent uploads, trackers etc - without jumping in the suprnova deep end.

I will give a vhs convert a go and ive even decided which to try first (thanks to Gavin's comic strip ep link)  which I can't believe i noticed missing from TTT's list - namely the excellent 'The Bullshitters' , I also know I have 'Slags' as well come to think of it.

EDIT - these are not commercially available are they? - I will stop otherwise - I think were a few years back.. I don't know the legal situation but if the board wants to take no chances, I won't either.

EDIT EDIT - I just carefully read Gavin's first post where he says that a few comic strip torrents are around - do you which are about (or are the ones you have the lot) - don't want to waste time duplicating other peoples stuff when I could get started on exploitica - you will like it - damn it!

Gavin

Quote from: "mister mike"I just carefully read Gavin's first post where he says that a few comic strip torrents are around - do you which are about (or are the ones you have the lot) - don't want to waste time duplicating other peoples stuff when I could get started on exploitica - you will like it - damn it!

The ones which I was referring to are exactly the ones I listed, given that I got the name of one of them wrong. If any of the others are about I've not seen them.

Rats

I saw some comic strips on suprnova the other day. I saw most of them when I was little so I didn't bother but they're there if anyone wants them

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2114/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20More%20Bad%20News-avi.torrent
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2191/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20Mr%20Jolly%20Lives%20Next%20Door-avi.torrent
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2191/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20Bad%20News%20Tour-avi.torrent
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2191/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20Dirty%20Movie-avi.torrent
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2191/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20Five%20Go%20Mad%20in%20Dorset-avi.torrent
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2191/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20A%20Fistfull%20Of%20Travellers%20Cheques-avi.torrent
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2191/The%20Comic%20Strip%20-%20Five%20Go%20Mad%20on%20Mescalin-avi.torrent

they range from 100mb to 250

sproggy

Quote from: "RHX"Time Gentlemen Please

Is enjoying a complete re-run on Paramount 2 at the mo'

Personally I would love to get my hands on any Spike Milligan's 'Q' series but as most of it was deleted years ago, I shan't hold me breath.

RHX

Quote from: "sproglette"
Quote from: "RHX"Time Gentlemen Please

Is enjoying a complete re-run on Paramount 2 at the mo'

Shit, I can't beleive I missed that... thanks for telling me, I thought they stopped showing that a while ago. Looks like them blank tapes I bought will get some use :)

While I remember, does anyone have any of the original Whose Line Is It Anyway radio series for trade (preferably Soulseek trading)? Thanks in advance

I have some splodges of Time Gentlemen Please, and also TV Burp, though I don't know about series - I just labelled files by broadcast date.

Barney Sloane

Quote from: "TTT"Ok, i've got loads of comedy stuff on vcds/vhs/dvds/mp3s etc i'm sure there will be people on here who would want to download some of the stuff. So i thought i would start a thread where we can request stuff that isn't commercially available and other people can post if they have a copy.

I still need episodes 7+8 of Harry Hills TV Burp Series 2, if anyone has those.

Got off-airs of all of TV Burp, PM me if you want copies.  Also got the Play UK repeats of World of Pub (with the blurred-out Quavers packet - I ask you!), FWIW.

TTT

Ok, heres a few of the comic strips. I've decided to torrent all of the ones that are wmv. These are all faceless captures that i downloaded from soulseek a while ago. If you don't want them all use Azureus to only download the files you need.

The episodes included are

05. The Comic Strip - Summer School.wmv
22. The Comic Strip - Didn't You Kill My Brother.wmv
23. The Comic Strip - Sunseekers.wmv
26. The Comic Strip - G.L.C. The Carnage Continues.wmv

Heres the Torrent

Don't suppose you've got any Goodies? I didn't hear a word Dr Garden said before, because I was eight.

And hello again, just because we hate each other doesn't mean I don't sometimes miss you ;-)

(AY)

I suppose not though. Not on VHS at any rate. Philips 2000? Hm - it's a waste of time request isn't it. I won't ellipsis it though, just in negligable case.

mister mike

Appologies to the good people in this thread, but I have become slightly irritated since I signed on thanks to monkey business in other threads.

I finally managed to make my first capture - which I decided to be the 'rare as rocking-horse shite' , Exploitica (Series 3 -i think - episode 1)

Now the quality doesn't seem to be great - but it seems the best my capture card can do - no matter which capture software I use.

TTT suggested  I share a file first and then you lot  could give me pointers into how I could improve.

The file has been converted to Divx and is 444mb in size (the episode is 50mins long).

Now how do I go about sharing it? (trackers etc) - I would like suggestions on how to do it and a tracker that works but doesn't get half the western world trying to connect.

Does any give a toss about this show? It is massively underated and can only be described as a cross between MST3K and pop-up video. If no-one wants it I won't bother.

Anyone interested, that can give me tips on sharing is welcome to download it as I will host it for a short time.