Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inner Voices, R4 tonight at 23:15

Started by Godzilla Bankrolls, July 21, 2004, 08:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godzilla Bankrolls

Tonight's Inner Voices should be a condensed version of Stewart Lee's live show Pea Green Boat, which was originally performed by Lee with a cellist and Simon Munnery as Edward Lear/Ray Winstone (John Dowie played these parts on a few occasions). A bootleg of one of the BAC performances is available here:

http://www.fistoffun.net/downloads-peagreenboat.htm

and an Edinburgh boot can be found on slsk.

Last week's IV was a bit of Dylan Moran guff, still on Listen Again if you're so inclined.

Edit: Actually, this might not be on until next week. Bums. Still we can use this thread to discuss the shows, I suppose.

benthalo

Wasn't it Curtis Walker tonight? I think Stewart Lee's is due as fourth in the series, on 04/08/04.

A nice idea for a series, even if the results are variable.

benthalo

Godzilla Bankrolls

Thanks, BH. I still haven't listened to the Curtis Walker one, I think I'll do that tomorrow.

Did you catch S Lee on Roundtable?

Godzilla Bankrolls

Pea Green Boat aired tonight, and can be heard here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?innervoices

I really enjoyed it; having seen the show live and heard that it had been recorded as a 15 minute monologue for R4 I pretty much expected it to focus solely on the Lear poem.

No bad thing; it made for a highly engaging and intriguing bit of comedy. I doubt he'll return to the whole project again, but I really would have liked to se the whole show in graphic novel form.

benthalo

QuoteDid you catch S Lee on Roundtable?

I went to a leaving do on Friday, so I listened to it drunkenly later on. He seemed to be repeating stuff, although it was nice to have a more interesting and opinionated panel than usual.

I completely messed up Pea-Green Boat last night. Will have to Listen Again, God help me.

Jemble Fred

Lee's was rather enjoyable. Course, it didn't really make sense, on his own terms, because the poem is actually quite logical – they're in love, they run away and get married. Strictly speaking, there's no room for interpretation there. But.... it's just a bit of fun, isn't it?

I hope to fuck there's a BBC audio release of these. Or at least, someone sorts out some nice mp3s. I missed the Moran one, which ticks me off.

Ben Ordinary

Quote from: "benthalo"
QuoteDid you catch S Lee on Roundtable?

I went to a leaving do on Friday, so I listened to it drunkenly later on. He seemed to be repeating stuff, although it was nice to have a more interesting and opinionated panel than usual.

I completely messed up Pea-Green Boat last night. Will have to Listen Again, God help me.

I've a music-less edit of Friday's Roundtable in my soulseek shares. So if Im about, look for BenOrdinary. Made a rip of the Spinal Tap documentary too but annoying Listen Again cut off the first minute of both.

benthalo

I've got the Spinal Tap docs on SVHS but need to get the last couple of minutes of #2 off Listen Again as it clashed with something else.

Did no one "rip" Pea-Green Boat, then?

Godzilla Bankrolls

I'm hoping James from fistoffun.net did, I reminded him about it often enough.

Have you heard it yet, BH? What did you reckon?

BeardFaceMan

I'm sharing the stewart lee & dylan moran monologues on soulseek, as i've got nowhere else to put them. if someone else wants to get them from me and host them, carry on.