Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:00:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jude Law is Ian Curtis

Started by Tom Pynchon's Photo, July 21, 2004, 10:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Remember Strike! The Comic Strip Film - Al Pacino as Arthur Scargill etc.

read the headline on - www.neworderonline.com

I do hope this is a joke, or just wildly wrong. He is ten years too old to play Curtis and several social strands too posh and just generally someone I can't help but think of a twat. He is perfect to play an upper class twit with about much depth as a spec of piss-dribble on a toilet seat but not much else.

What's next - Orlando Bloom as Kurt Cobain? Jake Gyllenhall as Nick Drake? Ben Affleck as Jeff (and Tim) Buckley?

Ralf Little as Peter Hook?

dan dirty ape

Jude Law looks fuck all like Ian Curtis, though. And you've got to doubt the veracity of a report that quotes Peter Hook as saying 'our drummer Bernard'.

I dunno..Johnny Depp? The only person I can think of who looks like Curtis is Mike Skinner to be honest. Hooky's right though, the fella who played him in 24 Hour Party People was ace. He could be like Ian Hart playing Lennon in two seperate films.

Goldentony

id like to see a sequel where curtis comes back from the grave and rips peter hooks face off to wear as a hat

boki

'Jude Law is a cunt, siir' is an anagram of  'Jude Law is Ian Curtis'

What?  Just saying it's an anagram, like.  He's probably a nice man who doesn't  particularly look like a deceased Mancunian singer.

That extra i ruins the effect somewhat.

Yes this is all wrong. Mind you there aren't many actors who could portray Ian- I was pretty unimpressed by the guy in 24 Hour Party People (although he got the dead fly dance spot on).

Weren't Harmony Korine and Chloe Sevigny planning an Ian Curtis film at some point? I remember reading about his script as following Ian's last 24 hours before his suicide, and Korine seemed enthusiastic about the project. Sevigny wanted to play Deborah.

El Unicornio, mang

I reckon he could pull it off, the guy in 24HRPP did a decent job and he looked fuck all like Ian Curtis. Besides, they can do marvels in the make up department these days (just look at Charlize Theron in Monster)

Interestingly, Law's currently lined up to star in a film with the same name as Joy Division's last LP:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0376541/

mikeyg27

Written by and adapted from the play of Lee and Herring's favourite playwright, Patrick Marber!