Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam series 4

Started by doyoudrinkitoutofacup?, July 22, 2004, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doyoudrinkitoutofacup?

Hey everybody. 1st post and all that, so I thought I'd attempt to start a thread...

Seeing that it's been a good few years since it was first broadcast, and as such the music is at least as old as the episodes, what tracks from the last five or so years would you put into a new series of Blue Jam?

(three that came to mind that I've listened to today)

Radiohead - Pyramid Song
Air - Run
DJ Shadow - 6 Days

weekender

Ivor Biggun - I'm A Wanker

mr rou-rou

that's a track by Ivor? never heard of it and it seems out of character.

you sure you aren't thinking of the Roy Chubby Brown one?

Jet Set Willy

When i saw this thread I thought that it would concern making our own Blue Jams!
I thought that would be a really fun idea!
But then I thought about a bunch of twats making jokes about dead babies so I decided it was a rubbish idea.
But then I thought, it could still be a laugh, 'what do them lot think?'.

Dr David V

I think that's a Good Idea (tm). Well, it could be a laugh at worst.

Oh, right, the thread.

Aphex Twin - Gwety Mernans
Air - Radian
Goldfrapp - Hairy Trees

danabnormal

a nice monolgue over this would be nice
and as its only 1 minute 46 seconds it would have to be a short one.

lazyhour

Quote from: "danabnormal"a nice monolgue over this would be nice
and as its only 1 minute 46 seconds it would have to be a short one.

PEOPLE LIKE US!  Get in!

Okay, everyone listen to me:  You must download the free People Like Us album that can be found here.

It's free!  It's a perfect introduction to the wonderful world of People Like Us!  It's free!

Lumiere

I'll make a Blue Jam. It'll be really fucking horrible and will piss over the memory of the classic that was BJ originally.

It'll be really cheesy. Give me ideas. I'll put it online.

edit: Gimme some music ideas, I'm stupidly bored.

foxprorawks

Quote from: "weekender"Ivor Cutler - I'm A Wanker

Actually, it was Ivor Biggun.

http://freespace.virgin.net/stephen.theobald/biggun.htm

Good first post that man!!

I reckon something by the Velvet Underground, if it hasn't been blue-jammed already... Femme Fatale, Waiting for the Man, ATP, I'll be your mirror...

I know CM is quite partial to a bit of Beck... maybe sommat off Sea Change?

He Wants You or Rock of Gibraltar from Nick Cave's Nocturama..  Would that fit?

I'm probably not the best person to ask as I don't buy Chillout classics.  The songs on Blue Jam are well chosen though.

I thought about producing my own Blue Jam copy as I was so bowled-over by the original.  I remember coming back from Reading festival a few years back with a load of ideas, feverishly writing 20 pages of ideas and script.  Giant Marylin Mansons and all sorts.  I have no idea if any of it was funny or not.
...& BJ style Vox Pops about the council painting double-yellow-lines over someone's car while it was parked (..inspired by some local news story where they removed a man's car, painted DYLs, moved the car back & charged him for parking on the lines)...

All those notes burned in that fire we had.

DJ One Record

In terms of backing tracks for sketches, albums like Colleen's "Everyone Alive Wants Answers" and Philip Jeck's "7" are chock full of good stuff, as are many albums on labels like Warp, Ninja Tune, Leaf and Domino. Two Lone Swordsmen in particular would be good candidates as well, although a lot of it might be a bit too technoid.

As for songs, I was disappointed that Tom Waits didn't make a single appearance in Blue Jam, so some of his stuff would be a nice addition. Barry Adamson's "King Of Nothing Hill" LP had a lot of good songs on it rather than just instrumentals like on previous albums, and Fog's material on Ninja Tune would fit well also, given its sonic similarities to Beck.