Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The "Ricky Gervais is a cunt on Twitter" thread [split topic]

Started by Slaaaaabs, May 27, 2013, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuteBanana

That comment isn't on the Wired comments is it? I presume he blocked that author too so he couldn't contact him directly over why he was using his book title

Anyway I got as far as "engaging with idiots is quite undignified" and "People say awful idiotic things all the time, but I don't give up language because of it." before giving up.

Fucking language.

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 16, 2013, 10:13:37 AM
Maybe you missed it the first time around? Ricky's treatise on creativity - which ironically amounts to citing a load of other peoples quotes so he looks knowledgable - is, of course, another lazy Gervais cut and paste: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-10/05/ricky-gervais-twitter

Ah, I see. He tweeted the Huffington Post link minutes before I posted it here, I assumed it was something new. Can't find the tweet now.

MuteBanana

Lovely man.

He really does hate people. Not in a anti-social, leave me alone way. Just arrogant, patronising, I'm better than you hate that he dresses up as jokes.

See the trailer to Idiot Abroad. On Pilkington "He hates anything foreign or different." Yeah, when was the last time you experienced a different culture you comfort zoning prick. When was the last time you saw Gervais abroad that wasn't New York or Los Angeles?

Just a joke.

MuteBanana

According to posts on Pilkipedia, he's making up tweets from people(who he doesn't mention) asking him about Pilkipedia forum users(who he names by their Twitter handle) as if to encourage his follows to abuse that person.

DrunkCountry

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 26, 2013, 11:46:11 PM
According to posts on Pilkipedia, he's making up tweets from people(who he doesn't mention) asking him about Pilkipedia forum users(who he names by their Twitter handle) as if to encourage his follows to abuse that person.

He's also been making up tweets from 'idiots' (& not mentioning them by name) for yonks. Their sole purpose is to whip his followers into a BURN THE CASTLE! fever pitch.

BritishHobo

I unfollowed him a while back because it was a waste of time watching him cycle through the same old shit, so months later it's interesting to see that, despite having promised to stop retweeting critics for his fans to attack, a good five or six times, he's still doing it and his idiot sycophants are still wailing on people for daring to criticize the Great Gervais.

Here's the Pilkipedia post about it. Seems it wasn't even a Twitter-related thing, he found this guy slagging him off on Pilkipedia and that's where it all came from.

George Oscar Bluth II

I love how the Pilkipedia people don't buy his shit.

When people on your fansite think you're an unfunny cunt...oh my have you plunged into the world of unfunny cuntdom.

DrunkCountry

QuoteAs crazy as it sounds, actor/comedian Ricky Gervais has revealed he's received more than a few offers from major record labels for an album by one of his The Office characters, David Brent.

Gervais has provided acoustic demonstrations to a number of songs that were made famous on the show through a series of comedic shorts called 'Learn Guitar with David Brent' via his YouTube channel.

But it seems the majors are keen for a compilation release to rake in the bucks.

"I can't believe I'm now getting ridiculous offers from major record deals all over the world for a David Brent album," said Gervais of the news.  "Where were these people when I was trying to be a real popster? And starving?"

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/major-labels-compete-for-album-from-ricky-gervais-the-office-character-david-brent-131936

George Oscar Bluth II

I'M SO TALENTED I'VE ACCIDENTALLY GOT OFFERS TO BE A POPSTAR

Ignatius_S

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 27, 2013, 08:55:10 PM
I love how the Pilkipedia people don't buy his shit.

When people on your fansite think you're an unfunny cunt...oh my have you plunged into the world of unfunny cuntdom.

It's not a Gervais fansite.

JesusAndYourBush

I just put the radio on (5Live) and the first words I heard was that Gervais is going to be on at 2:45pm for a chat, and he's brought his guitar with him and he's going to be "In Session" at 3:05pm.  Just a heads-up for anyone who's interested.

MuteBanana

So he's actually scared that guy into silence on the Pilkipedia forum as he's fed up with getting abuse on Twitter.

Don't say anything bad about Ricky, or he'll send the lads round on Twitter to shut you up.

phes

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 29, 2013, 09:27:30 PM
So he's actually scared that guy into silence on the Pilkipedia forum as he's fed up with getting abuse on Twitter.

Don't say anything bad about Ricky, or he'll send the lads round on Twitter to shut you up.

Can't wait for the autobiography. Can't. Wait.

notjosh

Quote from: @RealMattLucas
Just wondering if Ricky Gervais is an atheist or not. I can't remember him ever talking about it in public.

Link

Jackson K Pollock

I've only ever directly looked at Gervais's Twitter feed once, and it was like staring at the sun. I've honestly never forgotten it.

This was the only tweet I saw, and it (genuinely) sickened me. I'm almost amazed he hasn't taken it down:

Quote4 Nov 2012 - "@KeoghanB: But if you were born into poverty maybe you would need faith, a god"

I was born into poverty. Thank God for libraries. Peace.

I was half-expecting a deluge of people to reply that he WAS NOT BORN INTO POVERTY. But no, the usual 500 favourites and 500 retweets, and lashings of sycophantic praise.

I closed the browser and went for a walk.[nb]Though annoyingly I'm still a little bit angry about it 6 months later.[/nb]

amnesiac

the only possible excuse is that he was doing it as Brent, but it's not Brent is it, it's him.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Jackson K Pollock on July 30, 2013, 12:24:35 PM
Though annoyingly I'm still a little bit angry about it 6 months later.

THIS. I'm disappointed in my own lack of restraint by checking this and other Gervais threads (other than Derek, that show were a lark) because it's just an invitation to depression. He's a very rich man who acts awfully towards people, has a gang of attack dogs at the ready and will never learn, despite his claiming to every 6 months or so. He's a living, breathing testament to the fact that some bullies just don't get their comeuppance. The Office were good though.

Subtle Mocking

We would all definitely be much better off if we just let him be a cunt and let it pass over us. We don't have overlong, depressing threads about, say, Donald Trump.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on July 30, 2013, 03:44:38 PM
We would all definitely be much better off if we just let him be a cunt and let it pass over us. We don't have overlong, depressing threads about, say, Donald Trump.
If this were a site for fans of finance, though, there'd be tons of the fuckers.

BritishHobo

It has been fucking refreshing not posting almost daily about another piece of shit tweet though. I don't know why I put myself through it for so long, reading his twatty thoughts and complaining about them all the time was just miserable. Unfollowing him and leaving him to his self-delusion and his sycophantic new fans was the best decision.

MC Root

Just turn away. I'll say it again.

Still this would be a good blurb for an unofficial biography, but as it states, you don't need to check up on the manifestations of his prickishness, they'll just keep coming until the fucker chokes on his own ego as it engulfs the universe and goes supernova:
Quote"He's a very rich man who acts awfully towards people, has a gang of attack dogs at the ready and will never learn, despite his claiming to every 6 months or so. He's a living, breathing testament to the fact that some bullies just don't get their comeuppance. The Office were good though."

Never-the-less, nicely picked up, notjosh.

MuteBanana

BritishHobo

Christ, and Gervais has actually admitted to being behind it. Fucking hell.

His lack of self awareness is staggering. I wonder to what extent he really believes he is making good work, as opposed to knowing what sells.

amnesiac

Quote from: Mister Fahrenheit on August 02, 2013, 12:00:41 PM
His lack of self awareness is staggering. I wonder to what extent he really believes he is making good work, as opposed to knowing what sells.

I wonder this too. There was a C4 programme on the making of Derek, and in there he says he thinks it's the best thing he's ever done, but his body language is not at all convincing, so I surmise he knows it's shit.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: amnesiac on August 02, 2013, 12:17:12 PM
I wonder this too. There was a C4 programme on the making of Derek, and in there he says he thinks it's the best thing he's ever done, but his body language is not at all convincing, so I surmise he knows it's shit.

IIRC, Gervais says that just about every project, so yes, take it with a pinch of salt. The latest spin with Derek is The Ricky Gervais Show and An Idiot Abroad were stopped being made so Gervais could focus on the sitcom.

checkoutgirl

Fank you. God almighty!! Gervais is like the uncle nonce of the comedy world now. Embarassing to everybody but he's always there.

Retinend

Quote from: Ignatius_S on July 29, 2013, 02:04:28 PM
It's not a Gervais fansite.

Technically true, but I was banned from there for making a thread called "When did Gervais's career start to go downhill?" or something in 2009 or so. Lots of angry responses.  So it was once, recently, definitely very pro Gervais. It's gratifying to see that there's been a real change of atmosphere on that forum since I got that response. Even the fans can't stand the man.