Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:03:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Defiance (TV series / computer game)

Started by Famous Mortimer, May 29, 2013, 06:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

I just watched the first two episodes of "Defiance", on t' SyFy Channel, and it's alright. It did inspire me to bump the "common cliches" thread for two things - that aliens are never atheists, and that one where a main star is about to be shot, then is rescued by a perfectly timed shot from offscreen.

It's sort of fun, and is also set in the ruins of St. Louis, which is the only American city I've spent any time in, so it's fun to see the Arch and so on...

It's a bit Deadwood-y, minus the swearing and tons of dirt. Also, there's an MMORPG out which coincides with the show, and according to reviews isn't terrible.

Anyone else following it?

Mini

I watched the first episode and found it a lot of fun. There's nothing particularly clever or interesting in there but it's an enjoyable romp through a colourful universe. Some of the dialogue is terrible though.

Famous Mortimer

For some reason, I thought the first season was 6 episodes, but it's back tonight.

Fans of extreme local accuracy, take note - the "top of the arch" place where the kid was DJing from is a virtually exact replica of the room from the top of the arch in St. Louis, having been there. I was quite impressed with them.