Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can you dig iiiiitttttt?

Started by VegaLA, May 29, 2013, 04:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: lazarou on May 30, 2013, 02:07:21 PM
It's not the best game ever, but the mere fact that they made an all-out multi-million dollar adaptation of a cult favourite played completely faithfully and entirely straight still blows my mind a little bit. Those parts where you're fleeing the baseball furies and the soundtrack kicks in are making me a little tingly just thinking back to it.

I loved that game. Agree with you how amazing it was that it got made in the first place. It wasn't a cheap knock-off at all and really got into the detail, nailing the atmosphere of the film.

SteveDave

I bought the directors cut on DVD today[nb]along with The Three Amigos, Cop Out, Gentleman Broncos & The Social Network  for £1 each [nb]God bless you Cash Generator on Albany Road[/nb][/nb] what should I mentally cut out?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: SteveDave on June 02, 2013, 01:15:38 AM
I bought the directors cut on DVD today[nb]along with The Three Amigos, Cop Out, Gentleman Broncos & The Social Network  for £1 each [nb]God bless you Cash Generator on Albany Road[/nb][/nb] what should I mentally cut out?
The only thing I remember as being new is the comic strip inter-titles. There might be a couple of new seconds here and there of other stuff, but nothing that stood out. If I'm remembering right, there was footage shot of them in their clubhouse before going to the meeting, but it's not used in either version of the film.

In fact, you don't need to rely on my awful faulty memory - http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4270 - has you covered.

Kane Jones

I really didn't enjoy the director's cut. I foolishly bought it on Blu-ray thinking that it would at least be an improvement on the sound and visual side of things. While a little crisper looking and sounding, it's not a marked improvement on the original DVD, and plus, the DVD I've got is the untampered version, which is miles better. The comic book stuff just doesn't look right and it changes the overall feel of the film. Shame.