Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:46:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jony Ive shrunk the OS

Started by HappyTree, May 30, 2013, 02:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandow

I'm fairly happy with the overall design, though for some reason my passcode screen doesn't include circles around the numbers, nor do they numbers react in any way, so it's not always clear if I've hit the buttons correctly.

Also, of all things to keep from the previous design, I can't believe the horrible book shelf in iBooks is intact.

mothman

One thing that pleases me is the new ability to hide the ghastly Newsstand icon in a folder. Do people actually even use the damned thing?

Sandow

I use it for magazine subscriptions. The icon's a bit weird, but I much prefer the simple grey 'shelf' in the app itself to the iBooks one. Weird that they previously shared the same look, why didn't they carry it over to both.

Replies From View

There's a whole stash of apps - Pages, iBooks, Podcasts, loads actually - that seem not to have updated to iOS 7 at all.

batwings

I like iOS7 well enough but it annoys me that its broken the apple remote app on the Ipad so its stuck in portrait orientation and is intermittently unresponsive. I use it to play my foobar library which is on a server in another room. It was perfect. Oh well.

Replies From View

I've just realised what iOS 7 reminds me of, as I was in the message app just now, rattling the messages up and down.

Pocoyo.