Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Free shit to give away...

Started by Lieutenant Longstay, May 30, 2013, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Who wants Eets Munchies and Trine 2? PM me.

Anyone want:

FEZ.

LIMBO.

Bastion.

A Virus Called Tom.

Rocketbirds

And/Or

Eets Munchies?

Obel

I'll take Bastion if still available? :)

Quote from: Obel on September 23, 2013, 10:45:27 AM
I'll take Bastion if still available? :)

Sorry, it's gone! I've still got Limbo and Rocketbirds though!

vrailaine

I'll have some things for here whenever I sort through all of my humble bundle stuff. That'll probably be a while though.

The current humble bundle is pretty brilliant, by the way.

MjjW

Borboski

VegaLA

In case anyone is interested TC Rainbow 6 Vegas is free from XBL.

Did like the game when I first had it but gave up for one reason or another so will give it another crack.

olliebean

Indie Royale have sent me a couple of free keys for their latest bundle, PM me if you want one. The games are:

Ballads of Reemus: When The Bed Bites
Star Hammer Tactics
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Bird Assassin
Amazing Zombie Defense
Zombie Football Carnage

(The keys are for all the games, not individual games)

VegaLA

Halo 3 is free on XBL till the end of the month.

Not played it since its release, but had a great time with Sinbad, Terminal and Huzzie playign the campaign in co-op.

VegaLA

For those of you on the 360 and are in no hurry for Next Gen gaming will be pleased to hear that MS are going to continue their 2 free games a month indefinitely, instead of the original plan of killing it once the XB1 hits the shelves.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/18/xbox-360-games-with-gold-extended/

Although it's hit and miss as to what games are available.

Anyone want a Steam Key for Fear 2?

Sounds like Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are available for free on GOG.com for the next day or so. Read on Destructoid that they're being removed from the site after 2013 so must be some kind of copyright thing, which is a real shame.

Anyway, if you haven't played the early Fallout games, then you'll love these if you give them a go. Fallout 1 is spectacular. And 2 was incredibly ambitious and odd, but absolutely amazing too. I'n sure someone at this point would have released a fan mod that fixed a lot of the broken questlines and the buggy nature of it, so it's potentially an utterly perfect game now.

Tactics I'm less fond of, but it's still not terrible. I remember after the initial learning curve, I did have some fun with it back in the day, but it's really just not the same. Has R.Lee Ermy in it, though, which is weird.

madhair60

Thanks for the heads up, mate.  Free Fallout 2 is a lovely surprise.

Edit: Er, although I can't get on the site for absolutely ages.  Could someone be a dear and "gift" me the free 'uns?  mad_hair60<at>hotmail.com is my email.  I'll make it up to you.  I'll get you Davey Jones for the school dance.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 12, 2013, 02:25:20 PM
Sounds like Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are available for free on GOG.com for the next day or so. Read on Destructoid that they're being removed from the site after 2013 so must be some kind of copyright thing, which is a real shame....

Yeah, it's to do with Interplay no longer having the rights to those games – very recently, it and Bethesda have concluded their legal dispute about Fallout rights. It's possible that Bethesda might allow them to be sold on GOG but we'll see...

Quote from: madhair60 on December 12, 2013, 02:45:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up, mate.  Free Fallout 2 is a lovely surprise.

Edit: Er, although I can't get on the site for absolutely ages.  Could someone be a dear and "gift" me the free 'uns?  mad_hair60<at>hotmail.com is my email.  I'll make it up to you.  I'll get you Davey Jones for the school dance.

Just tried to gift you the games, Madhair. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to gift free stuff so you need to hop on to Gog and pick it up. Fairly sure you've still got over 24 hours or something, but looks like the giveaway page was taken down with the timer, probably because a whole generation of people who played Fallout 3 and didn't play the first two are flooding the site and crashing the servers. So yeah, sorry about that. I tried!

madhair60

Hugely appreciated - I managed to nab them in the end late last night, and forgot to update the thread like some sort of a cunt.

Anyone's welcome to Surgeon Simulator 2013.

glitch

GOG.com still have Fallout 1-2 and Tactics on their site, so they've not been taken down because it's 2014, thankfully.

madhair60

Quote from: glitch on January 09, 2014, 12:17:29 PM
GOG.com still have Fallout 1-2 and Tactics on their site, so they've not been taken down because it's 2014, thankfully.

Erm, yes they have.  They were removed recently.

http://www.gog.com/news/removed_from_catalog_fallout_1_2_tactics

QuoteToday, we bid farewell to the legendary post-apocalyptic 2D classics.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we needed to pull the three classic Fallout games, that is Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics, from sale and remove them from our DRM-free catalog. These classic titles have been with us since day one, that is for over 5 years now, and they were always one of the highlights of the selection of games that we offer. There are very few titles in the history of computer role-playing games, that have had so much impact on the gaming landscape, players' expectations, and even the popular culture. The iconic setting, the memorable quotes, and unparalleled amount of fun and challenge these games provide--it's all burned in the memory of a whole generation of gamers. Probably even more than just one generation. It was an honor to have you here, Fallout. Take good care of yourself out there, try not to mistake a gecko for G.E.C.K. (not even remotely the same thing!), and remember to take your Rad-X pills!

All those who acquired Fallout, Fallout 2, or Fallout Tactics on GOG.com prior to the date of removal (that is before Tuesday, December 31st 2013, at 3:59PM GMT), will still be able to download the games' install files (as well as the bonus content) via the "My Games" section of their user accounts. Gift-codes for these three games acquired in our recent giveaway are no longer valid. However, if you own a gift-code for any or all of them that was purchased outside of the said giveaway, you'll still be able to redeem it in the foreseeable future.

glitch

Quote from: madhair60 on January 09, 2014, 12:19:24 PM
Erm, yes they have.  They were removed recently.

http://www.gog.com/news/removed_from_catalog_fallout_1_2_tactics

Ah, my bad. I just checked whether they were still in my downloads bit, as I got mad panicky about not having downloaded them yet.

gmoney

Who wants Civilization V? First to who PM's me.

gmoney

Quote from: gmoney on February 04, 2014, 09:44:00 PM
Who wants Civilization V? First to who PM's me.

Gorn now I'm afraid.

Rev

Well then let's slap another one up - Civ V and the Gods & Kings expansion for the price of a PM.

Rev

mikeyg27

No doubt inspired by the furore over the remake, GoG are giving away Dungeon Keeper for free for the next 48 hours.

olliebean

Got some spare keys from the latest Humble Weekly Bundle; PM me if you fancy any of these:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
The Guild II Collection

olliebean

Guild II Collection gone. Galaxy on Fire 2 still available.

VegaLA

Super StreetFighter IV Arcade is now free for Gold subscribers on XBL.

Go for it!