Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,181
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:39:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

EA scraps Online Pass

Started by Subtle Mocking, May 30, 2013, 08:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

Maybe they finally took note of the fact that they've been voted worst company in America two years in a row: https://help.ea.com/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued

QuoteWhat was the EA Online Pass?
Online Pass was a unique, one-time-use code included with new EA games that allowed EA players to access online features.  If the game was not purchased new, the online pass code might have been used already and the player would need to purchase a new Online Pass.

Do I still need an Online Pass to play multiplayer games online?
For new EA titles, Online Pass will no longer be needed or included.  Additionally, we are in the process of eliminating Online Pass requirements from existing EA games.  This process will take several weeks.  For some games, the prompt to enter an Online Pass code will no longer appear; for others, you will still need to download and install an Online Pass, but they will be available free of charge from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PlayStation Store.

When will specific games have their Online Pass turned off?
The latest releases of EA SPORTS games are the first. Over the next several weeks, Online Pass will either be removed completely, or will be available for free in the PlayStation Store and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Please note that our advisors will not be able to provide you an Online Pass code before that game's pass requirements are disabled.  We appreciate your patience.

Why did we decide to do this?
We listened to the feedback from players, and decided to do away with Online Pass. We hope that eliminating Online Pass will allow more people to play and enjoy EA games for a long time to come.

Some hope for the next generation?

Big Jack McBastard

Nah they'll be working on something much more insidious for the next gen and are just clearing house to focus all their attention on it, gotta make sure it's spectacularly spiteful towards their customers.

Big Jack McBastard

When they say they're 'eliminating their on-line pass' it makes me wonder when they're going to close their servers for the current gen.

Consignia

They are getting rid of it because of the extra protections against used sales being offered to them by the Xbone.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A company whose natural instincts are to destroy and consume everything in its path while finding new, different ways to impoverish and enslave their customers.

Or a good old fashion bunch of cunts as they used to call them down Dagger Lane in Hull back on yond'.