Author Topic: Ozric Tentacles  (Read 2378 times)

Dusty Gozongas

• This page no longer exists
Re: Ozric Tentacles
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 11:24:21 PM »
Since June, eh?

Typical.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 08:53:12 AM »
Bump for all the CaB Ozricheadz - a new album on the horizon and this single dropped today

Ozric Tentacles - Humboldt Currant

dex

• Maybe, but there again maybe not.
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 09:37:01 AM »
An Ozrics single?! Not dropped one of those since Pyramidian or Sploosh!

earl_sleek

• I ask him to remove all your posts, dick head
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 01:46:02 PM »
After 1 listen that sounds a bit more classic Ozrics than the recent few albums - less of an influence from non-western music. It's definitely not gonna make anyone who thinks all their music sounds the same change their mind though! But to me they're like the Fall - always the same but always different.

I hope they'll be touring once the lockdown is lifted, I guess 2021 is more likely now. Only saw them once, and it was great, but I was tripping my tits off and can't remember much, it'd be good to see them a bit more sober.

The worst I have heard was Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree saying they were very repetitive.

To me that seems a very odd thing to say, like he hasn't actually listened to them in any depth, because one of the things I enjoy about the Ozrics is the sense of journey and motion in their songs (and I like tonnes of repetitive music). I like a lot of Wilson's music but he is a dick.

Brundle-Fly

• *Jooolie Andreeeews!! Thhhrrrrp!!!!*
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »
After 1 listen that sounds a bit more classic Ozrics than the recent few albums - less of an influence from non-western music. It's definitely not gonna make anyone who thinks all their music sounds the same change their mind though! But to me they're like the Fall - always the same but always different.

I hope they'll be touring once the lockdown is lifted, I guess 2021 is more likely now. Only saw them once, and it was great, but I was tripping my tits off and can't remember much, it'd be good to see them a bit more sober.

To me that seems a very odd thing to say, like he hasn't actually listened to them in any depth, because one of the things I enjoy about the Ozrics is the sense of journey and motion in their songs (and I like tonnes of repetitive music). I like a lot of Wilson's music but he is a dick.

I love it on here when a comment from nearly seven years ago finally gets a response.