Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:38:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Campag Velocet

Started by 23 Daves, July 23, 2004, 10:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

23 Daves

Talking of bands that used to be on the cover of the NME...

Does anyone else like this band?  The first album "Bon Chic Bon Genre" was surprisingly good and actually worthy of the NME hype, all angular guitars, dance grooves and Wire-esque art punk noises - everything the likes of !!! are supposed to be but don't have the necessary imagination to actually be.  Needless to say, despite actually having deserved NME hype, the disc flopped.

They haven't had a record deal for something like four years now, but apparently there's a new one out.  I doubt it's going to be released over here, so can anyone tell me if it's any good?  Cheers.

TraceyQ

Stop reading my mind today. I've managed to get my mits on this and I can confirm that (only one listen in, mind) it's V.G and will be making it's way  on to my audioscrobbler for a while.

Contact address? PM? Is it a possibility?

mr suit

been listening to the LP for a few days now. it's good. not as fantastic or varied as BCBG was. "Motown Clic" and "Vindictive Disco" are brilliant classic Campag sounding tracks though. i do think it'd be nice if it had something like "Skin So Soft" off the first LP on it, something to mellow out a bit in amongst all the grime.