Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2013/14

Started by alcoholic messiah, June 04, 2013, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Eis Nein on January 03, 2014, 05:53:23 PM
Fucking dense. Sorry, everyone.

I'm not really, but y'know.

Sheesh.

You should be. First the Ian Holm avatar and now this. You're determined to ruin my CAB experience, aren't you?

Eis Nein

It's a blunderbuss, nothing personal.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: dark now my pies on January 03, 2014, 07:34:01 PM
So foreign players cannot feel any emotional ties to the club that they play for or for the country they reside in, even if they've been there for a while? That's interestingly right-wing of you. He could have followed Liverpool in his youth for all you know. The fact that he's not local matters very little, as long as he loves the club, works hard for the club, loves the fans and brings joy to the fans for as long as possible.

He loves Liverpool so much he spent all summer agitating to leave, and has will leave if they don't make the Champions League this year. And might even leave this month if someone can find £100m down the back of the sofa.

Liverpool fans treat him like he's a born and brought up red, loves the club, will never leave etc etc, when he absolutely 100% wasn't, doesn't and will. He's exactly the same as any other player.

But you fall for the bullshit every time. Every. Fucking. Time.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 03, 2014, 05:54:50 PM
Maybe if anyone else had any idea what the hell you're trying to say, you'd have a point but...

I think its all a metaphor about the persecution of liverpool fans by the roman empire or something

George Oscar Bluth II

Oh, and on Clattenburg v Lallana, here's how refs in the NHL talk to players: http://youtu.be/hddxqb65YiM?t=56s

More of that please.

DrGreggles

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 03, 2014, 08:48:01 PM
Liverpool fans treat him like he's a born and brought up red, loves the club, will never leave etc etc, when he absolutely 100% wasn't, doesn't and will. He's exactly the same as any other player.

But you fall for the bullshit every time. Every. Fucking. Time.

I think the Liverpool fans love him because he upsets you so much.
Still, keep it up. Your anti-Suarez stuff cracks me up.

Eis Nein

Rodgers charged. A badge of honour.

After the offside v City, the systematic filth of Chelsea from minute one and the artless clogging of Hull (6 bookables on Suarez, then a yellow for him), the FA have decided on a root-and-branch, systemic overhaul to restore the standing of the sport. A fine should do it. One last heave.

George Oscar Bluth II

The FA, completely incapable of running football even slightly competently, are capable of orchestrating a campaign of anti-Liverpool bias in refereeing that is the only reason the reds haven't won the league since Thatcher was in power.

Fact. As Rafa might say.

Onken

I think someone could do with a time out, maybe a couple cheeky biscuits and a cup of tea.

alcoholic messiah

Boy, I sure hope Genséric Kusunga PRAWNS-WHEY-LEEK COUSCOUS-HUNGER isn't in the starting XI for Oldham Athletic COLD-HAM MASH-LETTUCE on Sunday.

doppelkorn

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 03, 2014, 09:13:15 PM
The FA, completely incapable of running football even slightly competently, are capable of orchestrating a campaign of anti-Liverpool bias in refereeing that is the only reason the reds haven't won the league since Thatcher was in power.

Fact. As Rafa might say.

And Fergie pulls the strings. And he agreed with Steve Bruce to make Hull lose to Utd on Boxing Day.

Eis Nein

We all know Bruce has never beaten Utd, and only occasionally draws. That's settled. That's safe. But are you willing to go for Bully's special prize - oggies.

I guess 3.

Someone find out; make me look a saddened, embittered straw-clutcher, if only for a brief second, before I return to my default status: better than youse.

ziggy starbucks

everyone relax!

doppelkorn

Quote from: Eis Nein on January 03, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
We all know Bruce has never beaten Utd, and only occasionally draws. That's settled. That's safe. But are you willing to go for Bully's special prize - oggies.

I guess 3.

I got nuthin'

Quote from: Eis Nein on January 03, 2014, 10:03:06 PMSomeone find out; make me look a saddened, embittered straw-clutcher

If only one of us could work that angle.

George Oscar Bluth II

Bruce's record against Manchester United is even more baffling when you realise he's managed Birmingham, Wigan, Sunderland and Hull, Premier League giants who would otherwise regularly beat them.

Neil

I'm gonna lock this for size, please start a new thread.

Morrison Lard

Neil, in a football thread.. Fuck. The end is neigh

alcoholic messiah

Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2014, 12:18:47 AM
I'm gonna lock this for size, please start a new thread.

There used to be a football thread here.

Now there's one here instead.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Morrison Lard on January 04, 2014, 12:19:51 AM
Neil, in a football thread.. Fuck. The end is neigh

Four horsemen of the apocalypse?

Morrison Lard

Flat back four of the apocalypse..

Queneau

thraxx

You bottom-burp.  I only suggested that Man City and Chelsea were not as hateable as LFC and MUFC, not that City and Chelsea were not worthy of hate, which they certainly are.   It's just that Man Utd and Liverpool are the hideously odious, as opposed to odious.

doppelkorn

Eis Nein

Too much even for 1 thread.