Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2013/14

Started by alcoholic messiah, June 04, 2013, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

Quote from: ThisIsHardcore on June 08, 2013, 04:12:55 PM
Predictions then:

League One

1) Coventry City

Just exactly what type of mind-bending drugs are you on???????

1:) We're in administration
2:) We'll be deducted more points next season if we're still in administration.
3:) The administratoir can't work out who owns the "Golden share", so the football club can;t be sold because no-one will buy it as it may turn out to be worthless
4:) We're under an transfer embargo
5:) We're 60 million in debt
6:) Our squad is weaker than last season
7:) We have no stadium to play in
8:) We don't even own part of a stadium, or have any revenue streams coming in other than ticket sales on matchday. We spent this season's ticket money last year.
9:) The fans hate the owners with a passion
10:) Our home games may well be played at Walsall, Rushden, Hinckley, Northampton instead of actually in the same fucking county that Coventry is in

Shoulders?-Stomach!

At a loss for suitable candidates from the Championship stock, I think Reading or QPR will take the title next year.

doppelkorn

Why do you tip Crewe to go down you callous FUCKER? They've won two (very minor) trophies in the last two seasons and this year fielded their first all-academy side. Plus they have one of the hottest young managers in the lower leagues in Steve Davis, if they can keep him.

ThisIsHardcore

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 08, 2013, 04:54:03 PM
Just exactly what type of mind-bending drugs are you on???????

1:) We're in administration
2:) We'll be deducted more points next season if we're still in administration.
3:) The administratoir can't work out who owns the "Golden share", so the football club can;t be sold because no-one will buy it as it may turn out to be worthless
4:) We're under an transfer embargo
5:) We're 60 million in debt
6:) Our squad is weaker than last season
7:) We have no stadium to play in
8:) We don't even own part of a stadium, or have any revenue streams coming in other than ticket sales on matchday. We spent this season's ticket money last year.
9:) The fans hate the owners with a passion
10:) Our home games may well be played at Walsall, Rushden, Hinckley, Northampton instead of actually in the same fucking county that Coventry is in

Oh.

ThisIsHardcore

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 08, 2013, 05:10:14 PM
At a loss for suitable candidates from the Championship stock, I think Reading or QPR will take the title next year.

I think QPR will struggle out of the three relegated sides, Reading may do well. It'd be boring if either of them won the league again so soon after they last did.

ThisIsHardcore

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 08, 2013, 05:55:30 PM
Why do you tip Crewe to go down you callous FUCKER? They've won two (very minor) trophies in the last two seasons and this year fielded their first all-academy side. Plus they have one of the hottest young managers in the lower leagues in Steve Davis, if they can keep him.

Sozm8. Like I say, I don't follow League One or Two and haven't done since Leeds were down there.

The Plunger

Kiss my fucking baws Croatia.

Carry on.

Hank Venture

Premier League
1) Chelsea
2) Manchester City
3) Arsenal
4) Mancester Utd
-----------------------
5) Liverpool
6) Tottenham
7) Swansea

-

Anyone watching the U-21s?

doppelkorn

Quote from: Hank Venture on June 08, 2013, 06:21:52 PM
Anyone watching the U-21s?

About 90% of the BBC payroll c.1973, apparently.

The Duck Man

Championship
3) Ipswich Town

League One
1) Coventry City

5) Swindon Town (P)
6) Tranmere Rovers

21) Crewe Alexandria
22) Walsall

League Two
23) Mansfield Town
Think all these are a bit unrealistic. Big Mick would have to work some magic with a very mediocre squad at Ipswich (and cummon, I'd be really surprised if Watford aren't up there). Cov we've already covered, Swindon are cutting costs and have lost players, Tranmere collapsed from halfway onwards last year. Crewe and Walsall have done well under Steve Davis and Dean Smith respectively, while there's very little precedent for a Conference champion struggling. And I know you've said you don't know much about League One/Two - but there's four promotion places in the latter!

doppelkorn

Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah

21) Crewe Alexandria

Whoah.

Whoah.

WHOAH.

Mate.

Not cool.

Paaaaul

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 09, 2013, 11:48:26 AM
Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah

Whoah.

Whoah.

WHOAH.

Mate.

Not cool.
I'm biting my lip with dignity reading this thread. I'm fully expecting Norwich City to prove everyone wrong next season.

holyzombiejesus

Predictions then:

Premier League

20) Norwich City

Championship

2) Leeds United
-----------------------
3) Ipswich Town

22) Birmingham City

24) Huddersfield Town

League One

1) Coventry City
2) Preston North End
-----------------------
3) Sheffield United
5) Swindon Town (P)
6) Tranmere Rovers

21) Crewe Alexandria
22) Walsall
23) Port Vale

League Two

23) Mansfield Town
24) Torquay United

Ridiculous.

bigfatheart

I think we're all missing the obvious error here - Derby will clearly run away with the Championship, with Conor Sammon nailed on as top scorer. Mark my words.

George Oscar Bluth II

I'm only half listening, so I might be wrong, but the Mourinho press conference hasn't yet featured any talking about football. Lots of peripheral stuff, but no football.

Thus proving that the English football press isn't interested in football.

Rolf Lundgren

They asked what he would call himself now and he said the happy one so that's all we're going to hear for the next two years.

"After conceding a late equaliser at home to Hull, the Happy One looked very much like the Sad One."

"The Happy One had every reason to be just that when Mata wrapped up all three points with a coolly taken finish."

Seriously, do one.

George Oscar Bluth II

Slaaaaabs

Quite flexible with the truth is Mr. Mourinho.

Viero_Berlotti

I'm liking Pellegrini already, just because he looks as if he could be a villain from a hammer horror film.

Hank Venture

He looks like Evil Arsene Wenger.

buttgammon

Or, from a certain angle, Mark from The Hotel.

George Oscar Bluth II

I cannot handle football free weekends.

I don't mind games not being on TV. The cricket, the Lions are perfectly adequate replacements. It's going to the game that I miss. I've not shouted "you fucking cunt" at a stranger in public for over a month now :(

daveoblivian

This isn't a football free weekend TV-wise. Confederations Cup starts tonight, 8pm BBC3 :)

petercussing

Quote from: Hank Venture on June 15, 2013, 12:08:40 PM
He looks like Evil Arsene Wenger.

Arsene Wenger looks like the evil Arsene Wenger. He looks like a gestapo officer (more so when he first came here, grey hair has softened his visage to a degree)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Let's hope for Man City's sake his talk of attractive attacking football doesn't end up like Ruud Gullit's undelivered promise of the same thing at Newcastle.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: daveoblivian on June 15, 2013, 02:24:42 PM
This isn't a football free weekend TV-wise. Confederations Cup starts tonight, 8pm BBC3 :)

Uruguay v Spain tomorrow night at 11 (!)

A flavour of USA '94 for all the nostalgics out there.

daveoblivian

Some World Cup group stage matches will be kicking off at 2am! Wonder what pubs will do if England have a game at that time. Believe games will be 5pm, 8pm, 11pm, 2am.

weekender

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 15, 2013, 01:28:50 PMIt's going to the game that I miss. I've not shouted "you fucking cunt" at a stranger in public for over a month now :(

I fondly remember being in a pub in Poland last year when the Man U v Arsenal game was on.  A particularly passionate individual - no idea which side, if any, he was on - was calling everyone a fucking cunt.

It started off being annoying - to both sets of fans, neutrals and all the bar staff - but by the middle of the game we'd all warmed to him and were encouraging him along.

"Oy, mate, what do you think about the linesman in this game?"
"THE LINESMAN IS A FUCKING CUNT!"

"Oy, mate, what do you think about the fans in the left hand side of the stadium?"
"FUCKING CUNTS, ALL OF THEM!"

"Oy, mate, what do you think about the groundsman?"
"LEAVE THE FUCKING GROUNDSMAN ALONE, HE'S DOING HIS BEST!"

I like mental football fans.

The Duck Man

Quote from: daveoblivian on June 15, 2013, 05:03:54 PM
Some World Cup group stage matches will be kicking off at 2am! Wonder what pubs will do if England have a game at that time. Believe games will be 5pm, 8pm, 11pm, 2am.
9pm too, by my calculations. There's only one match at 2am to be fair, 10 at 11pm though.

George Oscar Bluth II

Saturday 14th June 2014, D3 v D4 in Manaus, at 2am our time. Bagsy staying up for it.