Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 (starts August 11th)

Started by dr_christian_troy, June 05, 2013, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

I am rather excited.

If anyone fancies doing a BB-a-day leading to the day it returns (or start a day later if you're going to be 'obtaining' it on the 12th I guess)...

TUESDAY 18TH JUNE
1      1-01                20/Jan/08   Pilot

WEDNESDAY 19TH JUNE
2      1-02                27/Jan/08   Cat's in the Bag...

THURSDAY 20TH JUNE
3      1-03                10/Feb/08   ...and the Bag's in the River

FRIDAY 21ST JUNE
4      1-04                17/Feb/08   Cancer Man

SATURDAY 22ND JUNE
5      1-05                24/Feb/08   Gray Matter

SUNDAY 23RD JUNE
6      1-06                02/Mar/08   Crazy Handful of Nothin'

MONDAY 24TH JUNE
7      1-07                09/Mar/08   A-No-Rough-Stuff-Type-Deal

TUESDAY 25TH JUNE
8      2-01                08/Mar/09   Seven Thirty-Seven

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE
9      2-02                15/Mar/09   Grilled

THURSDAY 27TH JUNE
10     2-03                22/Mar/09   Bit by a Dead Bee

FRIDAY 28TH JUNE
11     2-04                29/Mar/09   Down

SATURDAY 29TH JUNE
12     2-05                05/Apr/09   Breakage

SUNDAY 30TH JUNE
13     2-06                12/Apr/09   Peekaboo

MONDAY 1ST JULY
14     2-07                19/Apr/09   Negro Y Azul

TUESDAY 2ND JULY
15     2-08                26/Apr/09   Better Call Saul

WEDNESDAY 3RD JULY
16     2-09                03/May/09   4 Days Out

THURSDAY 4TH JULY
17     2-10                10/May/09   Over

FRIDAY 5TH JULY
18     2-11                17/May/09   Mandala

SATURDAY 6TH JULY
19     2-12                24/May/09   Phoenix

SUNDAY 7TH JULY
20     2-13                31/May/09   ABQ

MONDAY 8TH JULY
21     3-01      301       21/Mar/10   No Mas

TUESDAY 9TH JULY
22     3-02      302       28/Mar/10   Caballo Sin Nombre

WEDNESDAY 10TH JULY
23     3-03      303       04/Apr/10   I.F.T.

THURSDAY 11TH JULY
24     3-04      304       11/Apr/10   Green Light

FRIDAY 12TH JULY
25     3-05      305       18/Apr/10   Mas

SATURDAY 13TH JULY
26     3-06      306       25/Apr/10   Sunset

SUNDAY 14TH JULY
27     3-07                02/May/10   One Minute

MONDAY 15TH JULY
28     3-08                09/May/10   I See You

TUESDAY 16TH JULY
29     3-09                16/May/10   Kafkaesque

WEDNESDAY 17TH JULY
30     3-10                23/May/10   Fly

THURSDAY 18TH JULY
31     3-11                30/May/10   Abiquiu

FRIDAY 19TH JULY
32     3-12                06/Jun/10   Half Measures

SATURDAY 20TH JULY
33     3-13                13/Jun/10   Full Measure

SUNDAY 21ST JULY
34     4-01                17/Jul/11   Box Cutter

MONDAY 22ND JULY
35     4-02                24/Jul/11   Thirty-Eight Snub

TUESDAY 23RD JULY
36     4-03                31/Jul/11   Open House

WEDNESDAY 24TH JULY
37     4-04                07/Aug/11   Bullet Points 

THURSDAY 25TH JULY
38     4-05                14/Aug/11   Shotgun

FRIDAY 26TH JULY
39     4-06                21/Aug/11   Cornered

SATURDAY 27TH JULY
40     4-07                28/Aug/11   Problem Dog

SUNDAY 28TH JULY
41     4-08                04/Sep/11   Hermanos

MONDAY 29TH JULY
42     4-09                11/Sep/11   Bug

TUESDAY 30TH JULY
43     4-10                18/Sep/11   Salud

WEDNESDAY 31ST JULY
44     4-11                25/Sep/11   Crawl Space

THURSDAY 1ST AUGUST
45     4-12                02/Oct/11   End Times

FRIDAY 2ND AUGUST
46     4-13                09/Oct/11   Face Off

SATURDAY 3RD AUGUST
47     5-01                15/Jul/12   Live Free or Die

SUNDAY 4TH AUGUST
48     5-02                22/Jul/12   Madrigal

MONDAY 5TH AUGUST
49     5-03                29/Jul/12   Hazard Pay

TUESDAY 6TH AUGUST
50     5-04                05/Aug/12   Fifty-One

WEDNESDAY 7TH AUGUST
51     5-05                12/Aug/12   Dead Freight

THURSDAY 8TH AUGUST
52     5-06                19/Aug/12   Buyout

FRIDAY 9TH AUGUST
53     5-07                26/Aug/12   Say My Name

SATURDAY 10TH AUGUST
54     5-08                02/Sep/12   Gliding Over All

SUNDAY 11TH AUGUST
SEASON 5 PART 2 - EPISODE 1.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Nice. Can't wait.

I'll certainly dip in and out of the rewatch.

Edley

The DVD of last year's episodes came out this week and contains an extra scene, Chick 'n' Guns, set during Gliding Over All. Anyone found this online yet?

kitsofan34

Don't you think you'll be sick of Breaking Bad if you watch every single episode leading up to the final series? Maybe it's just me, I'm currently trying to speed through re-watching series 3 and 4, I'm already getting fatigue.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I visited the ol' White house while on an American road trip last March and the crew were - MAJOR SPOILERS:
Spoiler alert
Stapling leaves to the trees.
[close]

I think that speaks of the full extent of Walter's descent into evil.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: kitsofan34 on June 05, 2013, 08:37:47 PM
Don't you think you'll be sick of Breaking Bad if you watch every single episode leading up to the final series? Maybe it's just me, I'm currently trying to speed through re-watching series 3 and 4, I'm already getting fatigue.
I've just watched every season over the last five weeks and loved pretty much every episode.

Paaaaul

I'm getting my hair permed on 17th July, so I'm going to have to miss that one.

Serge

I'm planning to wait until after the final episode before I start a rewatch, but I guarantee I'll zip through them all again. There are half a dozen of us at work who are obsessed, and we're already planning to watch the final episode as a group.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Serge on June 05, 2013, 11:44:04 PM
There are half a dozen of us at work who are obsessed, and we're already planning to watch the final episode as a group.

That'd normally sound like a great idea to me, and I've done similar things in the past, but the Breaking Bad finale is something I want to watch alone. I mean, what if it all goes horribly wrong? What if it's "Lost finale bad"? Christ, I'd fear for my city if that was the case.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Edley on June 05, 2013, 08:36:03 PM
The DVD of last year's episodes came out this week and contains an extra scene, Chick 'n' Guns, set during Gliding Over All. Anyone found this online yet?

'Fraid not, but I have found the 'Behind the Scenes of the Chicks 'n' Guns' featurette which gives some clues to its content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMZqcXImoc

BritishHobo

Does anyone have a link to the 'Behind the Scenes' video from the penultimate episode of S5.1? It made me cry like a little child at the time -
Spoiler alert
Jonathan Banks tearing up over Mike's death and his departure from the show
[close]
- but I've not been able to find it since.

Johnny Townmouse

If it was any other show I would suggest that it will be the penultimate episode in which all the mad shit occurs, with the final episode being succession of a neat, tidying up scenes.

But as this is Breaking Bad I naturally assume that the final episode will be a wild, expressionistic flourish of perfect TV drama.

Artemis

Oh god, that Lost finale was horrible. At some point I'll re-watch that show again because at its peak it was brilliant but the send-off still hurts.

Anyway, back to BB. Yep, I'd be up for a complete re-watch I think, in its own thread.

I have extraordinarily high hopes for the last eight of BB, based not on the show so far but mainly the podcasts in which Gilligan & co. discuss their approach to the writing process. It may not be the ending I'd want, but it certainly isn't going to be Lost territory.

Put simply, I'm flippin' wettin' meself, I am.

dr_christian_troy

'Chicks and Guns':
Spoiler alert
Skinny Pete and Jesse enjoy the company of a stripper at Jesse's place. Jesse references his time in Mexico. Saul turns up (who knows the stripper) and informs Jesse that the guys in prison have been massacred, hinting heavily that it was Walt. Using the analogy of defending one's self against bears, he gives Jesse a gun - the gun we see Jesse throw away in Gliding Over All - implying someone else gave it to him to give to Jesse against Walt, intriguingly. Saul leaves, Jesse joins Skinny Pete and is left to his own thoughts.
[close]

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Artemis on June 06, 2013, 12:43:05 AM
Anyway, back to BB. Yep, I'd be up for a complete re-watch I think, in its own thread.

Yeah, a separate thread for the re-watch would maybe be better- it might attract some new people to start watching the show.

Artemis

Old Nehamkin

There was a special feature on the season 5 dvd that had the cast hyping up the final season with some snippets from the new episodes (it was on youtube but it's been taken down). Look, here's some screencaps (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY):
Spoiler alert

There was also a shot of a script for the final episode, bearing the title
Spoiler alert
"Felina"
[close]
, although it's unclear whether that's the actual title or
Spoiler alert
just an anagram of "Finale"
[close]

Johnny Townmouse

Looking at those screencaps has me bursting with longing for this bloody show to start back up. They aren't very spoilery and are rather dull, but just the promise of those episodes has me excited...

Old Nehamkin

ZoyzaSorris

Excited by this, and it restarts on my birthday!
But Im going to South America for a month from mid september which means Im probably going to be away for the finale. NOOOOO.

The Masked Unit

In the past have new episodes come straight to Netflix when they're first broadcast or do we have to find them by other means?

phantom_power

Is that strap line a clue to Walt's fate? At first glance it just looks like a re-iteration of his bad-ass nature at this point in time but it could be a pointer to the end. It could be foreshadowing his redemption and death, with those being his last words, more as a plea to those left behind than a threat to an enemy.

I over-think this show too much

olliebean

It's a hint that the last episode is going to be a crossover with Fame.

Serge

Quote from: phantom_power on June 26, 2013, 10:45:00 AMI over-think this show too much

As I spent a few minutes wondering about the prominence of the sun in that poster, I know what you mean.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: phantom_power on June 26, 2013, 10:45:00 AM
Is that strap line a clue to Walt's fate? At first glance it just looks like a re-iteration of his bad-ass nature at this point in time but it could be a pointer to the end. It could be foreshadowing his redemption and death, with those being his last words, more as a plea to those left behind than a threat to an enemy.

I over-think this show too much

...and depending on whether he redeems himself as a sacrifice or goes down maniacally guns a-blazin', which name will he want remembered - Walter White, or Heisenberg?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I reckon Vince Gilligan simply forgot Walter's name during the writing of the final episodes and couldn't be arsed checking. I predict he'll be referred to as 'Hey, you' and 'That one' throughout the last eight.

Ja'moke

What do we think are his plans with that machine gun we saw him buying in the flash-foward at the start of Season 5? He must be about to go Scarface on someone, because it certainly isn't to kill himself, he would have just bought a handgun.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 26, 2013, 08:53:07 PM
What do we think are his plans with that machine gun we saw him buying in the flash-foward at the start of Season 5? He must be about to go Scarface on someone, because it certainly isn't to kill himself, he would have just bought a handgun.

It certainly all looked set for a climactic shootout, but there's every possibility that they'll confound our expectations somehow. They've had a lot of mileage out of the ricin acting as a red herring, maybe they'll do something similar with the gun.

dr_christian_troy

Things we know (and I am speculating) about future-Walt:

- false identity (possibly relating to the as-yet-unseen contact of Saul's who can help people disappear. Since Walt has all been about being someone else, this is something very different. Heisenberg was about legacy. 'Mr Lambert' is about identity for survival. He now has three names - Walter White [his true personality], Heisenberg [his legacy], and Mr Lambert [the identity to hide his true self]. In this respect, who will remember which name? Which name does he want to be remembered by?)
- he is still in contact with the gun-seller (thus confirming he still has a connection to Saul)
- he is not wearing his wedding ring (what happened to his marriage? What happened to Skyler? What happened to his family?)
- he has a bag full of money (presumably from the storage unit - indicating that, whatever may happen after Hank gets off the toilet, Walt has the chance to gather some cash together. This in itself suggests that the DEA weren't involved in this deal, as there's no way that they would approve of him taking any drug money into any kind of witness protection offer)
- he doesn't mind leaving a $100 tip (because money is no longer an issue? Because he knows he hasn't got long left?)
- he is self medicating and has a cough (potentially due to the cancer - but where is he getting the medication?)
- he connects to his former self by having his bacon numbers (52, and given the 51 halfway through the first half of Season 5, plus the amount of time indicated in the montage in the last episode, we're looking at about 6 months from the 5.1 finale. Plus - an indication of loss? An indication he is trying to recreate memories of a time when he still had a family?)
- the gun will not be leaving 'town' (it's a general assumption that the town in question is Albuquerque - and if the gun is never leaving town, Walt isn't either. Jim Beaver's 'good luck I guess' suggests that he is at least partially privy to what the gun will be used for)
- Walt doesn't know how to use the gun (he asks if there is an instruction manual. In this respect, the implication is that he doesn't have much of a choice other than to use the gun. As a man who may very well be dying, who is he aiming to protect other than himself? His family? Jesse? Hank?)

There's probably more, but that's what I gathered from that flash-forward (in relation to the rest of the season).