Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

3D Modelling Programs

Started by Big Jack McBastard, June 06, 2013, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

Hello you, if you happen to know about and/or use 3D modelling software please do tell us about what you like or hate program-wise.

I'd like to do some photoshops which capture moments of mad physics, for example: A giant fist smashing a pavement and people flying into the air. Stuff you *could* mock up with photoshop and X amount of time trawling through GIS or wherever to source images, basically what I'm saying is I'd like to give playing with dolls a go, there are you happy now?

I've been trying the latest edition of Poser and while I can get it to do what I want it to, eventually (and with a lot of insanity getting there) it's awfully fiddly and the libraries of actors/objects I've 'happened upon' have been rather limited.

I'm essentially looking for a Sims3 sim-creator with a stage area to marionette them into. Also the ability to have disembodied parts that one can resize and tweak with relative ease (so I can make the massive fist and whatnot). Does such a thing exist? I would be most most chuffed if you could point me the right way.

Zetetic

It's only really the last paragraph that's made me think this but I wonder if there's some mileage you could get out of garry's mod. Limited of course - certainly not '3D modelling software' but pretty close to 'stage area to marionette them into'.

Big Jack McBastard

Cool I shall have a looksy.

<sees screenshots>

Ahh so that's what that is. I'd seen a lot of the TF2 and Half Life weirdness but didn't know what it was made with. This might well do the trick, though if you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear em.

Consignia

Does Miku Miku Dance fit the bill? I don't know, it's primarily used for animation, but I've seen some pretty funky stuff done for it. You may have source the models separatly though.

Big Jack McBastard

I'd prefer them to look as real as possible as I may 'shop in faces once they're in position.

Big Jack McBastard

I don't mind a *bit* of technical arseache if the models are more human looking or more nuanced in their features/manoeuvrability in a given application. I just want to avoid the guaranteed 90% technical arseache that is Poser.

Consignia

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on June 06, 2013, 08:21:31 PM
I'd prefer them to look as real as possible as I may 'shop in faces once they're in position.

Well, I'm sure MMD could provide with the right models... But I guess you'd have to make them yourself.

Big Jack McBastard

What I'm imagining in MMD:

<remove neon hair>
<reduce eye size 60%>
<increase nose size 85%>
<add scars/colour variations and blemishes>
<remove all sweat beads, pulsing veins and nosebleeds>

Zetetic

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on June 06, 2013, 08:50:46 PM

<remove neon hair>
<reduce eye size 60%>
<increase nose size 85%>
? Not cool.

Consignia

OK, so MMD was a bad suggestion. I thought it may have been easy to use once you've got your models. I was just having a Google around, and something called Daz Studio popped up.

I think what would be ideal though is a modern version of 3D movie maker. That was awesome, why hasn't it been done?

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Consignia on June 06, 2013, 09:07:49 PM
OK, so MMD was a bad suggestion. I thought it may have been easy to use once you've got your models. I was just having a Google around, and something called Daz Studio popped up.

I think what would be ideal though is a modern version of 3D movie maker. That was awesome, why hasn't it been done?

I appreciate the spirit in any case.

Ah yes Poser can use Daz models, I've got a few already.

I tired the Daz Studio thing a little while ago but opted for Poser over it for some reason, might have been an iffy version since my 'vendors' aren't 100% reliable.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Zetetic on June 06, 2013, 09:04:33 PM
? Not cool.

It's not racist if you're turning japs into k**es.

That's like the opposite of racism maaan.

Rev

It's possibly more buggering about than you're up for but Makehuman and Blender might give you the kind of results you're after and they're both free, so there's that.

Cerys

I'm going to sit this one out.  I only know 3D Studio Max.  Which I haven't used in several weeks.  Because I am lazy.

Big Jack McBastard

Gonna give Makehuman a go too I think, ta!

Big Jack McBastard

Ok so Makehuman is quite like Poser but less troublesome to tweek, I think Garry's mod may well do the trick though looking at how mental it can get, just found 30 odd gig of content too so we may have a winner.

Cheers to all, I expected to be hanging for a while there.

Big Jack McBastard

Shit's goin' off!!

Almost everything I'm after, I just need even bigger fists now.