Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

v/h/s and v/h/s 2

Started by acrow, June 08, 2013, 01:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acrow

anyone seen these? like them?

i fucking really like them,

i'm guessing yoy, yeah you you imaginary person fucking hate them don't you? you'll complain about the shaky camera and say that they're shit. well they're not.

i plan to write more tomorrow when  i'm not drunk but maybe i won't.

talk about these films.

Mini

I saw the first and found it a flawed but decent horror anthology with a sufficiently creepy tone, so I'll probably give the second a try.

VegaLA

I rather enjoyed the first one up until the last story of the kids goign to the Halloween party. It all went a bit OTT with the SPFX on that one. Only watched it the other month so i'm looking forwards to the second film.

Glebe

I haven't seen either of them, but this clip from V/H/S 2 is already notorious:

WARNING! GRAPHIC GORE!

mcbpete

Oops, I think you accidentally posted a link to footage from the PC game F.E.A.R.

Mini

2 has a segment by The Raid's Gareth Evans, so that should be worth a look.

v/h/s 2

Segment 1: Bollocks
Segment 2: Bollocks
Segment 3: Bollocks
Segment 4: Safe Haven
Segment 5: Bollocks

Small Man Big Horse

I've only watched 57 minutes of the first one. I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to horror films, and have happily watched a fair few shite ones over the years, along with the good stuff, but this just bored me. I do plan to finish it off soon as I've got so far in, but I'm not optimistic about the outcome.

Rev

I have the second one ready to view, and with this kind of thing the quality of the first one has no bearing at all on how it might pan out.  But, as we're here, I thought the first one was mainly shite.  I don't think I've ever seen a portmanteau horror flick with such a poorly managed wrapper story, for a start.  In the version I saw - I know there are a couple of configurations that switch some of the stories about - it seemed to push the poorest efforts to the beginning, which works if you want to go out on some kind of high, but not if you want to stop the audience from leaving.  It was really only the Skype and haunted house segments that had any worth, and it was a hell of slog to get to them.

Tuesday

I loved V/H/S but it's probably the first film I enjoyed more on a tiny laptop screen than in a cinema. I don't know if it was because I was watching it the second time round or because it lost that sense of stumbling across something horrible on the big screen, but it was no where near as fun.

Slaaaaabs

I love a good anthology movie, and this was one of them.

The weakest segment was the cyber eye one and even that had some lovely tits.

I also advise watching the zombie segment with a good pair of headphones on. Gore doesn't really disturb me any more, but the immersive qualities of the first-person perspective and the excellent sound turned my stomach.

Paaaaul

I've just watched both of these.
The first one was great. It had a scummy consistent aesthetic all the way through and felt like it had a lot of thought go into how it was constructed. The individual stories all had something interesting to them even if they didn't quite work.
The second one was clearly knocked off asap and it shows. Safe Haven is really sinister and scary until the last risible shot, but everything else was back-of-a-fag-packet jobs. V/H/S 2 goes for a lot more jump scares which is usually a sign of a lazy mind.