Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam Doctor on Eastenders!

Started by adamcerny, July 23, 2004, 04:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr David V

Nah, this is beyond shit. I will never upload this remix ever. It's going nowhere. Expect a generic Blue Jammy mix soon.

Ambient Sheep

Just a reminder, for those who've forgotten or never knew in the first place, that David Cann has also been a doctor on the daytime soap Doctors.

gazzyk1ns

The big titted one in Doctors is good, isn't she, even though she's a bit old...

Wuurgh this post is all GD, Yearly will be here in a minute with a bi-sexual comment in order to convince people he's really "not", I'd better talk about comedy and stuff..

I bet Cann is really happy about being typecast, and encourages it deliberately. If he didn't want acting jobs as doctors then he would surely not let prospective employers know what parts he's played in the past and tell his agent not to tell/show them?

I think he's got it sorted, he knows he's brilliant at playing a GP and so is taking advantage of the fact that he can earn money effortlessly by doing it "whenever".

If it was anyone else I'd say it was a shame but you just get the impression Cann has it under control, you know he knows exactly what he's doing and that it won't discourage him from doing anything "proper" at any stage down the line.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"If it was anyone else I'd say it was a shame but you just get the impression Cann has it under control, you know he knows exactly what he's doing...
Nah...that's just the aura of calm, warm GP-like reassurance he gives off in his role as a doctor.  It's confusing you!

You might be right though.  Or not.  I don't know, how the hell should I?  ;-)

DJ One Record

Quote from: "weekender"What song would you use as the background music?  I'm torn between 'Theme From The Wish' by The Charlatans and 'Manamana' by The Muppets.

I'd go for Colleen "I Was Deep In A Dream And I Didn't Know It".

butnut

Nice one Unicorn. Sounds pretty close to the real thing. They should definately do a celebrity remix of Blue Jam.

king mob

Quote from: "Munday's Chylde"Cool! Hopefully he'll become a regular cast member and then really really serious morris completists will have to tape and store every episode of eastenders. la la la.

But that would mean watching pleb tv like the rest of us ?

;)

Jet Set Willy

Look, look! (I mean listen)

I did one, cut it up and everything: east jam

king mob

If anyone is still interested the omnibus is on right now.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "king mob"If anyone is still interested the omnibus is on right now.

I'm recording that scene for my own amusement latre, but I'll also put the video encode up later on if anybody's interested.

Darrell

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I'm recording that scene for my own amusement latre, but I'll also put the video encode up later on if anybody's interested.

I wish somebody would slow it down 50%, redub the audio with a standard timestretch, add video effects (including the obligatory 'filmed off monitor' bit), and music. It needs to be 'full-on' to become funny I think.

Dr David V

Oh how I wish I had Avid Xpress at home. Oh well, I'll see what I can do with Windows Movie Maker.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Darrell"
Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I'm recording that scene for my own amusement latre, but I'll also put the video encode up later on if anybody's interested.
I wish somebody would slow it down 50%, redub the audio with a standard timestretch, add video effects (including the obligatory 'filmed off monitor' bit), and music. It needs to be 'full-on' to become funny I think.

Jesus Christ Darrell, read my mind why don'tach.

Now I'll look all unoriginal. Sob.

Rats

There's a tiny one http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/1.mp3

you may as well have this as well, I gave up on it http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/111.mp3

Looking forward to that pt, I'd love to have a go at something like that, what do you use?

Darrell

Oh, and there's the opportunity for the '16:9 image stretched anamorphically to 4:3' trick too. The aspect ratio fiddling is the single reason why watching Jam on a widescreen set is a head-ache inducing experience, especially with ones which auto-adjust to the picture...

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Rats"Looking forward to that pt, I'd love to have a go at something like that, what do you use?

Usually Premiere with After Effects, but I'm going to have a play around with FInal Cut Pro 3 on the Mac as I've not really explored it that much.

Ambient Sheep

Um, has everybody missed this slice of brilliance?  Not to be missed, even on dial-up.

The odd thing was, I was about to come on here and say how disappointingly un-Jam-esque the original scene was.  Apart from when he takes off his glasses and says "One of your kidneys...", where I kind of expected the next words to be "...has spunk flying out of its eyes", it was very mundane.  Badly written I think (even for its intended purpose), and in addition it all seemed very rushed.

But then I saw Regular John's jamification and suddenly it really works.  Fascinating to see how adding music and re-cropping the shots can do so much.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"

The odd thing was, I was about to come on here and say how disappointingly un-Jam-esque the original scene was. .

Um, that's because it was off Eastenders :-b

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "The Unicorn"
Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"The odd thing was, I was about to come on here and say how disappointingly un-Jam-esque the original scene was. .
Well yes, I *do* know that (duh, how do you think I saw it?), but you're missing the point.

When David Cann played a Doctor in the afternoon soap Doctors, he was still very much like the Jam doctor, and it was truly spooky to watch.

This time he wasn't, and it just seemed wrong, and not in a good way either.

Until Regular John got hold of it, anyway...

Godzilla Bankrolls

I thought the only thing that could be considered a Jam reference (beyond the casting and cancer) was the line "sit down again". Quite similar to the "sit down" gags that opened a lot of the Bad Doctor sketches.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "The Unicorn"
Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"The odd thing was, I was about to come on here and say how disappointingly un-Jam-esque the original scene was. .
Well yes, I *do* know that (duh, how do you think I saw it?), but you're missing the point.

When David Cann played a Doctor in the afternoon soap Doctors, he was still very much like the Jam doctor, and it was truly spooky to watch.

This time he wasn't, and it just seemed wrong, and not in a good way either.

Until Regular John got hold of it, anyway...

Sorry, misunderstanding. I thought the scene was funny as it was, very surreal I thought (does he say "come and sit down Mrs......Granny" or did Dot get her name changed? That was one of the things I thought was a bit Blue Jammy. I've never seen Doctors though. Wasn't he also  a  teacher on Grange Hill?

Godzilla Bankrolls

"Mrs Branning". Dot married Jim some time ago.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "The Unicorn"Sorry, misunderstanding. I thought the scene was funny as it was, very surreal I thought (does he say "come and sit down Mrs......Granny" or did Dot get her name changed? That was one of the things I thought was a bit Blue Jammy. I've never seen Doctors though. Wasn't he also  a  teacher on Grange Hill?
He was indeed.  A "Mr Bentley", apparently.

I'd never seen Doctors either, but someone here managed to capture his first appearance and put it up somewhere.  He was actually in a handful of episodes, so I deliberately caught a later appearance too, but couldn't stomach enough of the soap to watch all of them.

Dot Cotton's name is now Dot Branning 'cos believe it or not she got married some other old geezer in the soap.

TJ

Not actually a teacher, but a parent - Mr bentley was father of Mike Bentley, the champion athlete played by Rene Zagger #1.

The Plaque Goblin

Quote from: "Shade"I was waiting for the punchline, where he prescribes her heroin.

"Won't I become addicted?"

"Probably. But the cure for heroin is a drug much like heroin, so either way, you win."
I am wondering about a Jamish punchline too. Or at least one to the bit of dialogue I've heard here. How about:

Dot: I can't keep changing shifts, I mean, I can't ask Pauline again.

Doc: There's the solution right there Mre Branning. This Pauline could come in and I could take a look at hers. Kidneys are all much the same really. There are such things as transplants, you know.

steevbishop

Well, between the sound file I've got and the currently downloading torrent, and the learning curve, and the failed attempts due to timing/lack of humour, you should see my jammification of this sequence in about... ooh... June 2006.

I can't fucking WAIT!!!

skibz

Just heard from David Cann that he's in Eastenders again on Friday :)

Regular John

Quote from: "skibz"Just heard from David Cann that he's in Eastenders again on Friday :)

Ooooh, tell him about our videomongs if you can! I'll grab this Fridays aswell and see what I can add on!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "skibz"Just heard from David Cann that he's in Eastenders again on Friday :)
Has he seen the Jamifications?  I did think about E-Mailing him anonymously about them...

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Regular John"Ooooh, tell him about our videomongs if you can! I'll grab this Fridays aswell and see what I can add on!
Heh, crossed in the post there.

Any chance you could put up your original one as well?  Cann.avi and Cann2.avi?  I really liked the original one too and wanted to direct some friends to it.