Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Defiance (and other MMOs)

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 09, 2013, 01:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

I was going to give the game a go. I like the world of the TV show and can always spare an hour here and there for a decent game. Reviews haven't been terrible, and so on.

But, the digital version is £35 while the DVD of the game from Amazon is £18. Is there any benefit other than not needing a disc? It seems an enormous price difference, and not in the way I expected.

But if no-one gives a toss about this, feel free to just talk about some other MMOs.

Famous Mortimer

I'm about 20 hours of gaming into it, and rather enjoying messing about on an MMO again, when I get to a boss battle. You have to do it solo, it's inside an "instance" (or whatever they're called these days) and it brings to mind the most tedious of Silent Hill boss battles.

Now, my main complaint about MMOs in the past was the lack of skill needed - you just press the buttons you need to press, and everyone has a good time with their shiny new equipment at the end of it. However, unlike every other battle in this game, if you fail you start right from the beginning again, which is no fun at all. I don't mind some penalty for karking it, but getting to a fight which is really bloody difficult (and seems to be some sort of bottleneck in terms of future missions, so levelling up to prepare myself for it is a boring grind) is probably going to end with me abandoning it. I even checked online and found a few cheesy tactics, and the cheesiest of the tactics is still insanely difficult. Boo-urns.

VegaLA

Had a look at this while in the GameStop store the other day. The back of the Xbox 360 case claims it allows 10,000 online MP.

That can't be right surely?