Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help identfying a 60s exploitation film (shown circa the late 90s)

Started by ajsmith, June 18, 2013, 05:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith

I recall seeing a film of the following description in the late 90s/early 00s, late night and almost certainly on channel 5.

Here's what I recall: It's American, colour, definitely a B-movie trashy low budget thing, late 60s (by the looks of the fashions around '69) and at one point features some kinda party for businessmen and their spouses. This business guy and his short-haired (Twiggy style) wife are in attendance, but the guys boss takes the wife into a room and rapes her. When the business guy finds out ( I remember his wife saying "He DID IT to me" with emphasis) he tries to punch his boss, but his boss stops him by threatening to sack him. The business guy backs down, defeated. His wife is angry at him for being such a wimp. The movie also features another short blonde mod Edie Sedgewick-type girl who keeps taking her clothes off and refers to herself as a "Kook".

Ring any bells?

Don_Preston

Doesn't sound much like an exploitation film. Unless the rape was done to Yakkety Sax or Mah Nà Mah Nà.

ajsmith

"an informal label which may be applied to any film which is generally considered to be both low budget and of low moral or artistic merit"

definitely fitted that section of wiki's Exploitation Film description tonally, even if it wasn't particularly cartoonish.

the psyche intangible

Famous Mortimer

I couldn't find it, but since recently discovering IMDB's keyword function, you could have a shuftie yourself:

http://www.imdb.com/keyword/rape/?sort=release_date&start=201

"Gutter Trash" maybe?

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Would it have been a Russ Meyers effort? C5 loved that shit in the late 90s.

biggytitbo

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on June 18, 2013, 08:06:55 PM
Would it have been a Russ Meyers effort? C5 loved that shit in the late 90s.

Doesn't sound it from the description.

the psyche intangible

I suspect Leonard Rossiter to have his name attached to this somehow.

Nmkl Pkjl Ftmsch

Channel Four went through a phase of showing obscure - and I mean ULTRA obscure, as in "never heard of before or since" - exploitation / drive-in fare in the early 2000, directly after 'Exploitica', late on Saturday nights / early Sunday mornings. That one rings a bell, but the majority of those films were so God-awful I blanked them out of my memory immediately after the credits rolled.

mothman

How about this: also something I saw on TV during the 90s. A black-and-white film from 50s or 60s about a young man who decides to become a hitman. Problem is any Googling I do either turns up Bronson 'n' Jan Michael Vincent in The Mechanic, or Jack Palance in (I think) Diary of a Hitman. Or was it Portrait of...?

daf

Here's one that Channel 4 showed almost twenty years ago that I was obsessed with : The plot revolved around some millionaire loner in a mansion who . . . erm . . . wanted a cheerleader to dance about topless on a stage.

That's about all I could remember, but it was enough : That cheerleader scene (seared into my memory at around 12:20 in the morning) became my erotic holy grail.[nb]probably revealing too much here.[/nb]
But I could never remember what it was called - my vague memory was Paradise Motel or something, (and I kept mixing it up with 'Phantom of the Paradise'), until one day i finally found it, and was able to remove my erotic mental tight shoes at last . . . 

It turned out it was this 1973 film (briefly featuring Richad Pryor) called  Dream Castle (or Sleeping Beauty aka Some Call It Loving[nb]make your mind up![/nb])
http://deeperintomovies.net/journal/archives/6217

(NUDE WARNING : final pic on that page contains a partially bare lady)

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: mothman on July 04, 2013, 08:12:42 PM
How about this: also something I saw on TV during the 90s. A black-and-white film from 50s or 60s about a young man who decides to become a hitman. Problem is any Googling I do either turns up Bronson 'n' Jan Michael Vincent in The Mechanic, or Jack Palance in (I think) Diary of a Hitman. Or was it Portrait of...?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051987/
"Never Love A Stranger"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055571/
"Underworld USA"?

I'd suggest http://www.imdb.com/keyword/hitman/?sort=release_date - worst comes to worst, you'll have a bunch of films noir you'd never heard of to watch.

mothman

Nope. Lots there of interest but nothing from the estimated time period that sounded right. I also used the tool to try to identify another thing I've long tried to find, but no luck there either.

Nmkl Pkjl Ftmsch

Quote from: mothman on July 04, 2013, 08:12:42 PM
Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent in The Mechanic

That's in colour, from 1972, and very good it is too. Don't let "directed by Michael Winner" put you off.

mothman

Oh, yeah. It's probably about the only film he's done... that I can think of, mind... and have actually seen... that's any good.