Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

imdb keywords game

Started by acrow, June 18, 2013, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acrow

famous mortimer made me aware of the imdb keyword search in another thread.

http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Keywords/

spretty cool.

so my fun game idea is that you choose a letter at random and then choose the keyword starting with that letter with the highest number of films, then the highest ranked keyword after that, and so on and so on...

so, for example, the highest ranked keyword beginning with w was 'world war 2'. i got from 'world war 2' to 'mirror' with 4 films listed, using all these keywords.

1940s/Blood/Cigarette Smoking/Crying/Dancing/Death/Drink/Drinking/German/German Soldier/Gun/Mirror/Mother Son Relationship/Murder/Nazi/Photograph/Singing/Song/World War Two

i don't remember the order. imdb alphabetises them as you go along. it ended with 'mirror' though.

the films listed were

the highest ranked keyword for f was, unsurprisingly, 'female nudity'. i got it down to 6 films. last keyword was 'digit in title'

Bare Breasts/Blonde/Brunette/Digit In Title/Erotica/Female Frontal Nudity/Female Nudity/Female Rear Nudity/Nipples/Nude Model/Nudity/Number In Title/Playboy Calender/Playboy Centerfold/Playboy Magazine/Pubic Hair/Sensuality/Sex/Stripping

here are the masterpieces.

so that's the game. i don't know what the rules are. sometimes you'll find two or more keywords with the same number of results. in that case i was just choosing at random but maybe someone with a better idea than me could come up with something else. maybe the game is to see how many different keywords you can get, maybe see if there's some film that's an imdb googlewhack...

i don't know. fuck it. it's a shit game.

thenoise

Go on then.  I started from 'X Ray' and carried on til I got bored (6 titles), none of which I have seen.  Last one was 'dying' I think.

That took ages.  I'm going to go to bed now.

Bad Ambassador

HP Lovecraft, Independent Film, Female Nudity, Blood, Cult Film, Death, Bare Breasts, Basement (choosing first alphabetically if there's a tie)

The Evil Dead, Re-Animator, Bride of Re-Animator and some Italian thing.

Bad Ambassador

Yacht, Murder, Death, Blood, Violence, Beating, Hospital, Dancing, Smoking, Dancer, Chase.

Munich, Dead Calm, When the Sky Falls, Street of No Return.

Bad Ambassador

If you start with "Q", you get Fellowship of the Ring, the animated version of The Hobbit, Dragonheart and Krull.

olliebean

Bare Breasts/Blood/Death/Female Nudity/Independent Film/Murder/Vampire/Violence

The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires
Thralls
SideFX
Frankenpimp

Am I doing it right?