Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Animal Crossing

Started by jutl, June 22, 2013, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

I am at a complete loss to understand these two posts, so I am going to document my thought process to try and work out what's going on.

jutl - whose avatar appears to be a giraffe in a suit standing on a knocked-over easel with a piano in the background - has made a topic called "Animal Crossing".  As I like jutl, I have clicked on this topic to see what it's about, however I am confused.

Picture 1

In the first picture there appears to be a man wearing two monocles and a top hat.  He has a stripey shirt on, with what look like blue shorts and red 'trainer' style shoes.  He has clearly taken advantage of the latest sale of Dolce & Gabbana items, and merged them into a fashion style that is clearly his own.

The man looks like he is standing near a cliff.  There is a bench behind him along with a street lamp.  The edge of the cliff has been bordered off with cut-off sections of trees which have been connected with ropes.  There are two trees in the background, and possibly a bush.  There appears to be light rain.

Picture 2

In the second picture the man has obviously moved away from the 'Beachy Head' area and has picked up a pool cue along the way, which he slings casually over his shoulder in an attempt to look 'hip'.  He has walked to be near another tree, which appears to have two sets of detached mutilated genitals hanging off it.  The detached mutilated genitals possibly have an infection because the lower part of them are white, whereas the rest of the said items are brown.

A cat called 'Tammi' makes the following comment:

"Oh!  All this rain!  It's just awful, don't you think, jutl?"

Then 'Tammi' makes a small noise - not unlike a squeak - which appears as an icon in the bottom right hand corner.  We are not given any clues as to who may have detached the genitals and attached them to the tree.

Picture 3

It appears that the strangely-dressed man's name is jutl.  He seemingly refuses to comment on the question he has been asked, and instead holds his hands out as if to say "We are here and there is nothing we can do about it".  It turns out that the cat is actually a small yellow gorilla with a big head, who appears to be trying to stave off the rain with a giant purple daisy.

They are both near to some trees, and are now nearer to the sea presumably because they have climbed down to be in this area.  There are four small dandelions benefiting from the rain as it drips off Tammi's purple daisy umbrella.  If I had to imagine happy dandelions, this is what they would look like.

There is a small patch of brown land where people have been walking and have worn the grass away, suggesting that this is a popular place to be.

Blumf

Is that thieving rob-dog Nook still pulling the strings? The Goldman Sachs of the Nintendo universe.

vrailaine

I fucking loved Animal Crossing on the gamecube, played it absolutely loads for about a year.

Hate the idea of my neighbours all forgetting me, but I abandoned them so it's understandable.

weekender

I wonder if, in some way, if the pictures are a metaphor for humanity's monstrosities.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Blumf on June 22, 2013, 06:41:14 PM
Is that thieving rob-dog Nook still pulling the strings?...

Nope.

Glebe

The animal you're looking for is a zebra. Unless all animals are getting there own special crossings now. It's political correctness gone mad.

MojoJojo

Why's it called Animal Crossing anyway? The village is no sort of crossing as far as I remember. You don't cross breed any animals or anything. The literal translation of the Japanese title is Animal Forest which makes more sense.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 23, 2013, 07:26:17 AM
Why's it called Animal Crossing anyway? The village is no sort of crossing as far as I remember. You don't cross breed any animals or anything. The literal translation of the Japanese title is Animal Forest which makes more sense.

In the games, your character has died and crossed into the afterlife.

Blumf

Quote from: Ignatius_S on June 23, 2013, 10:54:25 AM
In the games, your character has died and crossed into the afterlife.

Purgatory?

spanky

On my village, I'm currently to be found strolling round in skeleton trousers, a baseball helmet and mid-2000s Kanye shutter shades, burying pitfall seeds and laughing.

Rev

This game is a load of cunt and ur all gay

Is it any good though?

weekender

Has the rain actually come up to the cliff-top and caused slightly funny graphical anomalies?

I wish I knew what this thread was about/for, I really do.  I'm sure that the fact that it is causing me angst is amusing some of you, but it truly pains me.

WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?

weekender

There is now an unusual cliff, by which I mean that 'Tammi' appears to be wanting to perform all of Cliff Richard's songs whilst the rain is coming down, reminiscent of Wimbledon 2008.

Also, there are now three mutilated genital trees which are getting close to 'Tammi'.  Tammi[nb]Whose name I can no longer be arsed quoting correctly[/nb] appears to be scared.  The trees look angry.

Jutl - who is now wearing a t-shirt displaying his own name as a symbol of murderous power - appears to be welcoming Tammi to his place.   Maybe he is angry too.

The purple flowers look very angry.

Behind them, while all of this is trying to happen, the post-box and the fences are considering joining forces because presumably they have been wronged at the same time.  They look angry too. 

What has everyone been wronged by?  What's the yellow thing which looks like it's on the post-box?  Should I put my glasses on in the hope that it will help, or is it more amusing this way?

An attack is clearly imminent.

Are they defending their kingdom?

Who will win?  People?  Animals?  Flowers?  Fences?

weekender

Jutl, any chance you could tell me what's been going on here?  Or would you rather post another confusing picture, leading me into a spiral of confusion and depression, knowing that I will never know the answer, and as such you will know that I will live in a constant state of upset and distress caused by your picture posting antics at my personal expense*, thus giving you ultimate power over my destiny?

*In the same way that Mrs weekender constantly tells me that she sometimes pisses in my shower, yet when I confront her she is vague and contrary to the point that I will never know if she has pissed in my shower or not, which frustrates me every day to the point where I have to disinfect the shower after every time she's come round, just in case.

mook

urine is sterile, don't worry so much.

Hollow

swayzetrain

Holy shit, the Kapp'n (hey, his name's like what this forum's is) is the best character ever in any video game ever. Ever. Only just worked out turnips change in price twice a day. Got an electric chair and the drunk as fuck seagull sent me a Turin shroud stone for working out he fell off the boat on route to Italy. Stick that up your Last of Us.

Best game ever.

swayzetrain

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 23, 2013, 07:26:17 AM

Well, if you had any brains at all you'd know the animals are transient - merely crossing, if you will. My horse, Buck, for example, he's fucking off in a couple of days and good riddance to him. Though if Joey goes imma kill myself.

Still Not George

As Sartre once said - "Hell is cunty little anthropomorphic animals."

swayzetrain

Heads up, firework display starts in 30mins.

swayzetrain

Glebe

Saw a cardboard display advertising this in a shop window recently. The blurb suggested that I could become major of my own animal town, or some such.

I'd like to apply for this post, if available. Hopefully I can encourage this animal community to come together and make the town a better place.

Blumf

Quote from: Glebe on August 04, 2013, 11:21:27 PM
I'd like to apply for this post, if available. Hopefully I can encourage this animal community to come together and make the town a better place.

In other words, some kind of pogrom against a convenient scape-goat.

Glebe

Quote from: Blumf on August 05, 2013, 12:27:12 AM
In other words, some kind of pogrom against a convenient scape-goat.

There's no room for bigotry in my kind of 'animal kingdom' New World Order.

Not at first, anyway.

That Nook's glorified fucking slumlord trash. Gives you a taste then asks for 10,000 bells, and slags you off for living in a tent.
I DON'T EVEN SLEEP. I DON'T NEED A HOUSE.
I'm going to organise an Occupy Animal Crossing movement.

I also have a large river dividing the town, and I'm going to try my best to divide the citizens on each side. Everyone on the west side are going to be treated incredibly well. Everyone else is going to have a rough time of it. It's going to be like a switched version of Germany before the reuninification.

EXCEPT NO ONE WILL TEAR DOWN THAT WALL.