Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1979 Roundtable repeated on R1 tonight

Started by Emergency Lalla Ward Ten, July 25, 2004, 01:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

...featuring George Harrison and Michael Jackson. No, I can't believe my eyes either.

At 3am anyway, as part of their new 'Experimental' slot.

This goes aaginst every focus-group argument going, surely? How on earth did they get this past the R1 bosses without someone saying 'Um, isn't 6 Music the best place for this kind of thing?'

I'm delighted but amazed.

king mob

That is odd, maybe they're testing the water to see if the format would work in the present day?

Quote from: "BBC press"Oneclick
3.00-4.00am BBC RADIO 1 bbc.co.uk/oneclick
BBC Radio 1 introduces a new, weeknight strand, Oneclick, which features on air and online. Radio 1 has one of the most enviable archives in the world and Monday nights are home to oneclick/retro, which showcases the most unforgettable moments from the last 38 years.Tonight, listeners will be able to hear two of pop's biggest names together in the studio, as Michael Jackson and the late George Harrison review records from 1979. On Tuesdays, oneclick/magazine is a show that covers the full spectrum of lifestyle interests of today's young adults. Everything from cutting-edge, unsigned music to travelogues are investigated, demystified and discussed. Guest presenters (to be confirmed) from the worlds of music,sport and popular culture explore their musical tastes and interests every Wednesday in their own radio show, oneclick/open On Thursdays it's oneclick/film, in which James King presents the total film experience for everyone from foreign film aficionados to blockbuster groupies. Featuring interviews with the biggest starsfrom both in front of and behind the camera, this show is a guide to the best new movies of the week, with an unpredictable soundtrack of film music and songs.The week concludes with oneclick/comedy, a mix of music and comedy from today's young comics and writers

Have I gone temporarily mad or is Radio 1 actually doing something quite good?

Darrell

Quote from: "king mob"That is odd, maybe they're testing the water to see if the format would work in the present day?

Erm, Roundtable is still going...

king mob

Quote from: "Darrell"
Quote from: "king mob"That is odd, maybe they're testing the water to see if the format would work in the present day?

Erm, Roundtable is still going...

Is it?

Well you learn things new every day.

Darrell

Yep, it's on 6Music, presented by Andrew Collins. Stewart Lee was on the most recent one.

benthalo

QuoteErm, Roundtable is still going...

Radio 1 dropped it well over a decade ago, replacing it with Collins & Maconie's Hit Parade for three years and then giving up completely. Six years later, we get a sort of revival on 6Music. It's occasionally listenable but Gideon Coe is on far too often.