Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,383
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Borat On Conan O'Brien

Started by ColinBradshaw, July 25, 2004, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinBradshaw

Anyone see Borat on Conan's show last night? It was hilarious.

Well if you missed it then check it out here---> http://streaming.3030radio.com:8080/ramgen/borat.ra

And here's Borat's website---> http://www.boratonline.co.uk/

El Unicornio, mang

Fantastic stuff! The Borat character seems to be getting more fans than ali G, I'm predicting he'll get his own show on HBO before long

Rats

Yeah, Borat was always much better. I don't know why but it's easier to forget it's someone playing a character, maybe it's the foreign accent.

The Plaque Goblin

Is it because he is a funny Arab?

Rats

Yes, it allows me to hide behind his shakey facade of irony whilst simply laughing at foreigners. Tooooowat.
I know exactly why he's funnier, I just can't be bothered to type it out and everyone knows anyway, it's pointless putting it into words, this isn't newsnight.

The Plaque Goblin

Nah, I was referring to what The Unicorn said about him becoming more popular in the US.

Rats

Ah right, I'm not american, fire away.

thatmuch

Primitive Asians from countries with funny names and hardly any  swimming pools are really funny, oh yeah. They beat up their wives, are obsessed with sex, talk too loud and are pretty stupid. That whole interview was a single long dull joke from American Pie 7 or some more appropriate bag of shit I don't know the name of.
I hope Bruno is still funny.

Rats

Yeah, the interview didn't really work because the host was in on the joke, the character works because he shows up peoples ignorance, inhibitions, xenophobia and snobbery. It was still pretty funny though, hearing some of his schtick.

Rev

Strangely, the highlight of the first new American episode was Bruno.  Still not sure what the point of the character is, but his interview with a 'gay converting' pastor was pure class.  'Hypothetically, according to you, I can admire a man's penis in the shower, but the moment I put it in my mouth some sort of line has been crossed'.

lazyhour

Quote from: "thatmuch"They beat up their wives, are obsessed with sex, talk too loud and are pretty stupid.

I thought he said that he was talking loudly because he was in America?  Y'know, mocking Americans for being loud.  "US and A!  Yes! I talk loudly!  Wooh!"  Something like that.  Unless something else happened later - I turned it off after a few minutes.

ColinBradshaw

QuoteI turned it off after a few minutes.

Nonsense.
You watched it all.

They should change the name of this section of the forum from 'Comedy Chat' to 'Moaning Central'. Every other thread I've looked at is full of people moaning about comedy. Quite incredible. A paradox in the extreme.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: "ColinBradshaw"
QuoteThey should change the name of this section of the forum from 'Comedy Chat' to 'Moaning Central'.  

Ooh, you're going to be popular. If you want a load of airheads praising the likes of the Boosh, go and join www.chortle.co.uk's forums. Hardly anyone over fifteen on the whole site, except for desperate wannabe stand-ups.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Bradshaw appears to be another of those selective readers who has missed all the threads where people talk enthusiastically about comedy they love. There's plenty in the list at the moment; The Pall Bearer's Revue, MBB, CYE to name just a few.

ColinBradshaw

Ooh, you're going to be popular. If you want a load of airheads praising the likes of the Boosh, go and join www.chortle.co.uk's forums. Hardly anyone over fifteen on the whole site, except for desperate wannabe stand-ups.[/quote]

I'm not a fan of Boosh and consider myself quite sophisticated as far as comedy goes.
In fact I could probably recite The Day Today on a whim.

El Unicornio, mang

Well it made me laugh a lot, so pppbbblllltttttt

Captain Mildred

Quote from: "ColinBradshaw"In fact I could probably recite The Day Today on a whim.

Hey! That's a fantastic idea! Go on, do it - just to introduce yourself to everyone properly.
At the end, be sure to post a picture of a monkey too.

ColinBradshaw

Here's a monkey.

I'll introdude myself properly some other time.

Artemis

Thanks so much for the clip - I thought that was excellent. Made me laugh several times. Borat is by far the funniest character SBC has right now, and going on Conan without him knowing about 'the joke' wouldn't have worked at all. Got a little tired towards the end but generally that was fantastic.

EDIT: I've just watched this again and wanted to re-iterate how quality I think this is - fucking quality stuff. I do hope this is included on the DVD for season 2.