Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What will the next Chris Morris project be?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 03, 2013, 10:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 04, 2013, 03:55:20 PM
Yep, I'd like that too. I could read his words all day.

A book of any kind would be nice, wouldn't it?

Thomas

I've just read this whilst searching for 'Chris Morris next project' stuff -

QuoteA guy I was at uni with used to babysit his kid, charlie. He said chris morris always used to wear a bandana round the house!

And he's not done anything about pirates yet.

kitsofan34

"Pirates of the Carribean 5, directed by Chris Morris".

Kane Jones

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 05, 2013, 10:11:58 PM
They'd need to be long stories then!!!
Not short stories!!!

Or a vast book with thousands upon thousands of short stories.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Kane Jones on July 05, 2013, 10:36:09 PM
Or a vast book with thousands upon thousands of short stories.

Or just one really long short story.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on July 05, 2013, 11:44:54 PM
Or just one really long short story.

I've got a very short attention span. Sorry, what were we talking about?

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Kane Jones on July 06, 2013, 12:21:25 AM
I've got a very short attention span. Sorry, what were we talking about?

I've got a really long short attention span.

If you know what I mean, ladies...

Kane Jones

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on July 06, 2013, 12:48:44 AM
I've got a really long short attention span.

If you know what I mean, ladies...

Are you Paul Simon?  Oh no, he had a 'short little span of attention'.  He was talking about his penis and the fact that Carrie Fisher thought it was small.  No shame.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Kane Jones on July 06, 2013, 04:14:47 PMOh no, he had a 'short little span of attention'.

And, woah, his nights are so long.

Paul Simon is a very short rich man, whereas I am a very tall poor man and Carrie Fisher's never seen my penis. I'd even venture to say that she's unlikely to ever see it at this point - having progressed a little too far down the 'eccentric older lady' road than I'm strictly comfortable with* - which must be a real shame from her point of view.

*That's the one thing stopping me from showing her my cock.

Glebe

Glebe

kitsofan34

So I was watching a trailer for Richard Ayoade's adaptation of "The Double". At the 0:20 second mark, up pops an old familiar face, good old Christopher Morris. I'm almost certain it is him:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2013/sep/06/the-double-trailer-jesse-eisenberg

up_the_hampipe

I doubt he'll be in it for any longer than that scene. I don't think I'll be going to the cinema to see that.

momatt

Quote from: kitsofan34 on September 06, 2013, 11:37:01 AM
So I was watching a trailer for Richard Ayoade's adaptation of "The Double". At the 0:20 second mark, up pops an old familiar face, good old Christopher Morris. I'm almost certain it is him

Excellent, it's about time CM does something again.  Anything!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Two Jesse Eisenbergs? Maybe they'll try to outwit each other and get caught in a centrifuge of superciliousness. That is my hope and only stake in the matter.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 08, 2013, 07:40:06 AM
Two Jesse Eisenbergs? Maybe they'll try to outwit each other and get caught in a centrifuge of superciliousness. That is my hope and only stake in the matter.

One of them is actually a craftily-disguised Andy Samberg.

Thomas

kitsofan34

The Guardian just gave it a five star review, which is good ain't it? No mention of Christopher, unfortunately.

Hangthebuggers

I'd genuinely prefer more bluejam/jam style of Morris again. Or even something pseudo-documentary like the various snippets we got from Brass eye and TDTD...

Thomas

Though not a Twit myself, I occasionally log in as someone and tap 'Chris Morris' into the search bar to eke out any news.[nb]just got to wade through all the 'i am sure the news/ukip/x factor/telly is written by chris morris these days' stuff.[/nb] Today's roundup -

QuoteJust seen Chris Morris in the lift at Barbican Centre.

QuoteI am in the same room as the legendary Chris Morris [...] He was drinking tea. And wearing awesome shorts.

QuoteChris Morris just swore at me (or possibly the bus I'm on, for blocking his bike at x-section)

Quotechris morris just got on my bus....

Tea? Swearing at buses and then using them? Mechanical elevation? Something's afoot.

up_the_hampipe

Morris rides a bike? What is he, a 6 year old?

olliebean

Interview with Channel 4 comedy chief Phil Clarke on Chortle:

QuoteHe would, of course, love to have his old colleague Chris Morris back on the channel, but fears TV has lost him to movies now. 'He's not a man to lured.' Clarke concedes, but hopes he would choose Channel 4 if he had another project up his sleeve.

Really? The last thing of Morris's I remember seeing were the episodes of Veep he directed. Not sure where this "TV has lost him to movies" idea comes from.

Shoulders?-Stomach!