Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,486
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Kate Bush Album

Started by biniput, July 06, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biniput

There is a possibility of a new album sometime in the next few months due to a tweet, subsequently removed, about recording a backing track. the tweet was created by someone involved in the "city of cambridge brass band". Another tweet mentioned the info might not be correct BUT the fact that KB likes to keep stuff secret (a bit too secret IMO) the fact that all info has been removed fast suggests it could be on. Why erase incorrect info from any tweet if nowts happening and you are not connected with said artist? A recording stint at abbey road is still on their website down for July 27th which would be odd for such a band on their own efforts surely? kate likes to only do backing stuff outside her own home studio these days so that fits in logically as to why AR studios would be used at all. If anymore info on this comes up I will put it down in this thread.

Birdie

Cheers B for keeping your ears to the ground:)

biggytitbo

Whats wrong with her, 2 albums in the same decade?!

Natnar

Could just be a new track for an updated Best Of, although Kate did say during one of her 50 Words For Snow interviews that she already had ideas for her next album so who knows. I do think the days of very long gaps between albums are probably over now though.

biniput

Seems this could still be on. On a certain KB website there's a "friends" nod to something going on right now. "things are gearing up" is the "rumor". This "friend" supposedly knows from somewhere close to the production as far as I can tell.

daf

90 new songs found on a shelf in Nigeria?

ziggy starbucks

the album cover released today

daf

Natnar

There's also rumours on another forum that Kate has "had a few phone calls" with Eminem after Elton John put them in touch with each other. God knows what that could be about.

Natnar

Now there's more rumours of "financial activity" going on and an album of some sort coming out early 2014..

Head Gardener

Natnar

There are now more rumours of Kate working on a "visual project" and there will be an announcement pretty soon. May just be a video for a new song or something else. Also Warners are reissuing her albums in Japan in February so maybe that's been timed to coincide with something else...

Quote from: Head Gardener on December 08, 2013, 03:43:57 PM

Oh god. I can never get over just how damn gorgeous she was. Has the same eyes and a lot of the features of a girl I really, really, really liked. Agh...

Bastards. Why must a CaB thread suddenly rebreak my heart. Fuck.
I'm going to sleep.

Natnar

There's a rather odd 28 track album of Kate covers coming out on Feb 4th

http://runningupthathill.bandcamp.com/

QuoteThis collection of Kate Bush covers was made to be used as a fund-raising tool for reproductive rights organizations, low cost abortion clinics, and other pro-choice advocates. This project is organized by Bush League, and has no affiliation with Kate Bush other than deep admiration.

We are producing postcards containing information on how to download the album and how to make your voice heard in this fight for reproductive rights.

Kate Bush has long since been a symbol, at least to us here at Bush Leage, of feminine independence, intelligence, bursting creativity, and remarkable inspiration. So we'd like to put some of that inspiration to work in this fight against the oppressive and ignorant legislation that has been gripping the US. We won't take this lying down. We'll run up that damn hill and insist on our rights, as women and men, to affordable healthcare, including contraception and abortion.
credits
released 04 February 2014
Here is a complete track list of the music that will be available February 4th:

01 Lindsay Schief (LAKE) - This Woman's Work
02 Binary Marketing Show - Deeper Understanding
03 Optiganally Yours - There Goes A Tenner
04 Wasp Summer - Under The Ivy
05 Marie Haddad - Night Scented Stock
06 The New Heaven & The New Earth - Army Dreamers
07 Jason Ajemian - Them Heavy People
08 Dream Tiger (Liz Wolf of WHY?) - My Lagan Love
09 Dave Watkins - Big Stripey Lie
10 Andrew Weathers Ensemble - Hounds of Love
11 Kathleen Baird / Eric Carbonara / Jesse Sparhawk - Strange Phenomena
12 Shelley Doty X-Tet - L'Amour Looks Something Like You
13 Electrician - The Kick Inside
14 Benoît Pioulard - Cloudbusting
15 C.J. Boyd & Helena Espvall - Under Ice
16 Hunterchild - Song of Solomon
17 Leverage Models (feat Alena Spanger) - The Morning Fog
18 Bigawatt - Get Out of My House
19 Kurva Choir - Breathing
20 Casey Chisholm - Running Up That Hill
21 Brain Grimmer - Babooshka
22 Poppet - Suspended in Gaffa
23 Karl Blau - Man With The Child In His Eyes
24 Linus Pauling Quartet - Watching You Without Me
25 Nick Shapland - Bertie
26 Sophie Tusnelda - Feel It
27 YlangYlang - Delius (Song of summer)
28 Anonymous Choir (feat. (Nona Invie of Dark Dark Dark) - This Woman's Work

biggytitbo

The cover of get out of my house should be interesting, nobody ever attempts that one.

Custard

Someone else singing Bertie is gonna be a bit odd, isn't it?

biggytitbo

Some very interesting ideas there, but many of them sound hollow and mannered. Not sure where that came from, considering how vital and poppy so many of Bushes best songs are. Is it trying to ape the more austere soundscapes of Bushes post 2000 work?

Natnar

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 11, 2014, 10:18:22 PM
Some very interesting ideas there, but many of them sound hollow and mannered. Not sure where that came from, considering how vital and poppy so many of Bushes best songs are. Is it trying to ape the more austere soundscapes of Bushes post 2000 work?

The best track on there by far is the cover of The Morning Fog. It sounds like the long lost cousin of Aerial.

Just had a listen to the cover of 'This Woman's Work' by "Anonymous Choir" from that album.
Christ, that's horrible.

Natnar

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on February 11, 2014, 10:53:10 PM
Just had a listen to the cover of 'This Woman's Work' by "Anonymous Choir" from that album.
Christ, that's horrible.

Yeah that's awful, it manages to make This Woman's Work sound like the theme from Cheers.

That's some bad stuff. The only artist there I had heard of was Benoit Pioulard and even his contribution was stinky. These either add nothing or add that aloof dreariness that I'd hoped we heard the last of by the point :(

Birdie

Quote from: Natnar on February 11, 2014, 10:58:09 PM
Yeah that's awful, it manages to make This Woman's Work sound like the theme from Cheers.

I shan't downloading this covers album - I'll stick to the originals with the exception perhaps of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CirhAm4bamk

Yeah, these covers are not doing anything for me so far. At times I think "Hey, this is quite good actually", but then realise it's because it's just the stuff that's similar to the original, or at least reminds me of that.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Birdie on February 12, 2014, 08:54:53 AM
I shan't downloading this covers album - I'll stick to the originals with the exception perhaps of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CirhAm4bamk

Sounds inappropriately upbeat for the subject matter.

Natnar

Ha, there's an insane rumour floating around that Kate is going announce a live residency in London tomorrow. I'll eat my own face if it actually happens to be true.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Natnar on March 20, 2014, 09:31:26 PM
Ha, there's an insane rumour floating around that Kate is going announce a live residency in London tomorrow. I'll eat my own face if it actually happens to be true.

Haha! No chance.

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

biggytitbo