Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,472
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Kate Bush Album

Started by biniput, July 06, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natnar

Oh well, looks like i'd better start munching on my face http://www.katebush.com/news/dawn

QuoteBefore the Dawn

I am delighted to announce that we will be performing some live shows this coming August and September.
       I hope you will be able to join us and I look forward to seeing you there.
          We'll keep you updated with further news on the web site.
                  Meanwhile, all details of concert dates and tickets are in the note below.
                    Very best wishes,
                             Kate

Before The Dawn at London's Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith

AUGUST

Tuesday, 26th August
Wednesday, 27th August
Friday, 29th August
Saturday, 30th August

SEPTEMBER

Tuesday, 2nd September
Wednesday, 3rd September
Friday, 5th September
Saturday, 6th September
Tuesday, 9th September
Wednesday, 10th September
Friday, 12th September
Saturday, 13th September
Tuesday, 16th September
Wednesday, 17th September
Friday, 19th September

Tickets
Tickets will go on sale at 9.30 am (GMT) on the 28th March 2014 and will be available exclusively from the following agents:

www.eventim.co.uk
www.gigsandtours.com
www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Please note that tickets are not available directly from the venue Box Office.  Additional order enquiries should be directed to the Eventim customer service department at:
customerservice@eventim.co.uk or 08443760021

Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order.  For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just one of the 15 concerts, or 4 tickets for 4 separate shows.

The name of the lead booker will be printed on the first ticket.  As the number of tickets is limited they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.

We hope to see you there.

© 2014 Kate Bush

biggytitbo

Judging by the photo it's going to be ninth wave based, probably with some aerial mixed in. Seems fairly unlikely she'll do Wuthering Heights...

El Unicornio, mang

Amazing news. Also, she looks a lot slimmer than she did at that awards show. Almost reminds me a bit of Nigella Lawson in that pic.

Natnar

I'm really hoping that with it happening August/September time that there could be a new album out at the same time. Would she just do live gigs without their being any sort of new product to promote?

El Unicornio, mang

I think there'll be a new album out before long, but I wonder if the tour is happening this year as it's the 25th anniversary of her last one

Edit: Wait, no, 35th. I suck at maths. I really should know that since I was born a year before...

Natnar

biggytitbo

Lovely. Looks nicer than when she was all got he'd up like Robert Smith at the south bank awards.

I'm guessing this 'tour' will be more sedate than the last one, less dancing and jumping around.

biggytitbo

Ohh god imagine if she did Glastonbury.

Natnar

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2014, 08:30:38 AM
Lovely. Looks nicer than when she was all got he'd up like Robert Smith at the south bank awards.

I'm guessing this 'tour' will be more sedate than the last one, less dancing and jumping around.

Yeah. I quite like the idea of her doing the whole show sitting on a settee in the middle of the stage whilst everything goes on around her. Judging by the tour pic it looks like we could be getting a re-worked Ninth Wave somewhere in the show.

Viero_Berlotti

biggytitbo

Beagle 2

Birdie

Do you think it's likely she'll release a DVD of the concert?

biggytitbo

Hopefully yes. I still don't quite believe she'll appear in person. I reckon it'll be a multimedia extravaganza with Kate beamed from her from room by hologram.

Custard

Genuinely shocking news

Maybe she'll come round my house next? Finally.

Love the idea of her just sitting in the middle, being all Kate Bush-y, as the music and everything swirls around her. Maybe do a 34 minute version of Misty

Makes you wonder who she will choose as support? Kate Nash?

THE KATE BUSH NASH MEGA ROADSHOW

biggytitbo

There is still a sense of unreality about it isnt there? Like it must be some kind of joke or we've slipped into another dimension.

Steven

I hope she comes out in a big Bella Emberg outfit.

Natnar

Quote from: Shameless Custard on March 21, 2014, 10:32:03 AM

Makes you wonder who she will choose as support? Kate Nash?

THE KATE BUSH NASH MEGA ROADSHOW

Tori Amos...maybe she can come on stage whilst Tori is on stage and slap her up a bit ;)

Don_Preston

Just sent an email to frazer@murraychalmers.com to find out more and he hasn't a bloody clue what's going on!

Head Gardener

although Kate did her last tour in March '79 she also played this one off gig at RAH

Custard

She also appeared on stage with David Gilmour about 20 years back. But this is the first tour in 35 years

Wonder how good the 50 squid tickets will be? If Mrs Custard is joining me, that is about all I can afford at the moment

Anyone fancy a go at their fantasy playlist for these gigs?

Though of course, she won't do that, and will instead play the entirety of 50 Words For Snow, a couple of Pink Floyd covers, and Hounds Of Love, in the style of The Futureheads. And it will still be marvellous, and worth every penny

Natnar

I think it's a question of if she can still sing her early stuff. I think that possibly anything pre-The Dreaming maybe too high for her to sing these days.

Head Gardener

the £50 seats at the Hammy Odeon are upstairs, right at the back.
I saw Laurie Anderson upstairs near balcony edge and that was an
excellent view and the sound was really good - same for Gary Numan,
while Talking Heads downstairs near the back was OK, XTC middle upstairs good,
but Zappa in the middle downstairs was probably the best placed seat in the house!

BlodwynPig

50 quid if you live in London, 300 quid if you have to travel and stay overnight from up North

Custard

Cheers, Head Gardener

I think for these prices, she should really allow each member of the crowd to ask her one question.

It'd be like a more sexy and talented ITV's 'An Audience With'

Custard

Quote from: Natnar on March 21, 2014, 01:22:41 PM
I think it's a question of if she can still sing her early stuff. I think that possibly anything pre-The Dreaming maybe too high for her to sing these days.

Will be interesting, won't it! Maybe she'll rework all the early stuff, in a Director's Cut stylee?

biggytitbo

'After Dawn' and the photo of her in the water suggest its more likely we'll get Ninth Wave and Aerial, rather than the more poppy stuff.

Anything is fine by me though.

Beagle 2

I find Hammersmith Apollo a bit of a crappy venue when it's packed, it's really difficult to move around and you get well wedged-in even at the back. I would definitely want to be seated for yer Bush.