Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Kate Bush Album

Started by biniput, July 06, 2013, 03:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neville Chamberlain

Steven

Suppose it's worth posting this again.

biniput

Right I may get a thread sorted for this so people can arrange going or meeting up or HINT HINT can allow others to stay at house even for a bit of cash.

Head Gardener

this news from KB just in...

Dear Head Gardener,

We are contacting you as you are eligible to participate in the fan pre-sale for the "Before the Dawn"
concerts in August & September 2014 at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith 48 hours ahead of the general
ticket sale on 28th March 2014.

Please visit www.eventim.co.uk at 9.30am on 26th March 2014, locate the show you'd like to attend,
select the fan pre-sale from the drop-down menu and enter the unique access code below for your chance to
purchase tickets to one of the shows

fuuuck! I always knew these mailing lists were gonna be useful one day!

biniput

Head Gardner if you buy 1 extra ticket then you have a guaranteed buyer from me. I never thought to sign up for that as I never thought there would be a day like this.

Head Gardener

true but my missus has just nixed the idea of a birthday pressie as she's already sorted it!
I don't have hundreds of quid but I do have enough for 2 tickets - I have a friend

biggytitbo

Just popping in to see if this is still real.

Yep.

Amazing.

biggytitbo

Just imagine if she does Get Out of My House. Live. With a light show.

Just imagine that.

BlodwynPig

I also have the presale option if anyone is interested

Natnar

I really hope that she performs some new stuff during the show, even if it's just 1 or 2 new songs. Could be some new tracks for a new Greatest Hits album!

biggytitbo

The thing is, she doesn't have to perform anything new, because nobody alive has ever heard her sing 95% of her best songs.

She'd melt the building by simply doing This Woman's Work, but the string of all time classics she could do live for the first ever time is enormous.

My dream set list -

- Hounds of Love
- Moving
- Army Dreamers
- Hammer Horror
- Jig Of Life
- How to Be Invisible
- Wedding List
- Sat in your Lap
- Houdini
- And Dream of Sheep
- Prologue
- Cloudbusting
- This Womans Work
- Sensual World
- Song of Soloman
- Moments of Pleasure
- A Coral Room

Then an encore of -
- Running Up that Hill
- Get Out of My House

And then a second encore that brings the house down -

- Wuthering Heights.

El Unicornio, mang

I think she'll play a selection of popular old stuff, a lot of people who will be going will be casual fans who only know the singles. A reworked version of Wuthering Heights as an encore, I reckon.

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2014, 07:22:15 PM

She'd melt the building by simply doing This Woman's Work, but the string of all time classics she could do live for the first ever time is enormous.

This Woman's Work will probably get a play simply because of that massive RnB cover that came out a few years ago which brought it to a much wider audience.

Also, I posted the news on facebook and a friend said "who?". I wanted to stab him.

Natnar

She'd better do Heads We're Dancing with a chorus line of dancing Hitlers or i will be very cross!!11

biggytitbo

Or Infant Kiss with Pete Townsend, Garry Glitter and Rolf Harris as the band.

Not seen this before, its gorgeous -

Natnar

She should do Snowed In At Wheeler Street but only if she can get Peter Gabriel to sing it with her.

tookish

Fuck. I wonder what I can flog to go along to this? How much are tickets going to be? I wish I was older and could have heard Kate Bush when she was first floating around on the radio. But I worshipped her as a kid, still worship her, actually.

If she included In Search Of Peter Pan on the setlist I would never want for anything else, ever again.

Natnar

Quote from: tookish on March 21, 2014, 08:33:51 PM
Fuck. I wonder what I can flog to go along to this? How much are tickets going to be?

From £49 to £135

El Unicornio, mang

Fuck. I wonder what I can flog to go along to this? How much are tickets going to be?

Prices here:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjPIGz9IIAApr0_.jpg

I'm tempted to get a ticket but not entirely sure I'll be in England at that time and too poor to want to possibly waste £50+. Hopefully they'll do a live HD stream of one of the shows...

BlodwynPig

Fuck. I wonder what I can flog to go along to this? How much are tickets going to be? I wish I was older and could have heard Kate Bush when she was first floating around on the radio. But I worshipped her as a kid, still worship her, actually.

If she included In Search Of Peter Pan on the setlist I would never want for anything else, ever again.

I'll donate you a cheap seat if you want.

In fact judging by recent events, I will buy a ticket and then get summoned to the Red East. So if that happens, I will donate my ticket to you.

tookish

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 21, 2014, 08:39:19 PM
Prices here:

I'm tempted to get a ticket but not entirely sure I'll be in England at that time and too poor to want to possibly waste £50+. Hopefully they'll do a live HD stream of one of the shows...

Jesus, the cheapest ticket is actually...possible. Fuck. I could go to this, I think.

BlodwynPig

So you don't want a free ticket. ... biggy, its yours?

Natnar

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 21, 2014, 08:39:19 PM
Prices here:

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a Blu-Ray/DVD/CD of the show popping up just in time for Xmas.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 21, 2014, 08:39:54 PM
I'll donate you a cheap seat if you want.

In fact judging by recent events, I will buy a ticket and then get summoned to the Red East. So if that happens, I will donate my ticket to you.

The tickets are non-transferable, unfortunately.

tookish

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 21, 2014, 08:44:05 PM

It's so, so kind of you to offer - I didn't take you seriously - but it would be unconscionable for me to accept when I think I can afford it off my own back - no income at the moment, but owing to my mum getting a big award at work and being shockingly generous, I've got a hundred very unexpected pounds I'm only allowed to spend on lovely things.

Thank you so much though. But I'm sure there's somebody on here who would love to go but just doesn't have the money for it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 21, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
The tickets are non-transferable, unfortunately.

Luckily me and biggy share the same name and passport.

Thanks tookish, glad you can pay your way.

biggytitbo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 21, 2014, 08:44:05 PM

I think I'm going to try and get one. Thanks though big boy, its a lovely sentiment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2014, 08:57:58 PM

I think I'm going to try and get one. Thanks though big boy, its a lovely sentiment.

I had a rush of the Saviles. Desperate to fix it for you. Its only 33% of a dream for me, but for you, I just can't imagine the excitement coursing through your veins.

biniput

I will be buying a ticket and in the 75 quid range HOWEVER if anyone could get another ticket in that range i would pay them. Thing is i am trying this in a range of places so I hope I don't end up with a few offers. those who signed up to the Kate Bush site before march 1st this year are getting a pre-sale wednesday buying chance and I am trying to get something from that from those who have a code sent to them from an email. As far as content is concerned a certain person on another site has said that they know some details and that they are unusual and "very kate" so I doubt that it will be the usual stuff sung at these shows.

biniput

If someone has a free ticket.. AHEM blodders... The tickets will have the bookers name on them and they will need ID proof upon entry to the concert so groups can go even if someone else bought a ticket but you would have to get in at the same time.

Catalogue Trousers

The terrible thing is, for all of us plebs who haven't got that "order yer tickets 2 days early, chums" e-mail (and, I suspect, even for them), these tickets are going to sell out completely about 2 seconds after going on general sale, aren't they? Ah well, roll on the 28th and keep the ol' fingers crossed...