Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morwenna Banks - White Horses

Started by Darrell, July 26, 2004, 06:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrell

Morwenna Banks feat. The Adventures of Parsley - White Horses (b/w Dangerous Game)

I've just noticed the existence of this whilst Googling around. Bit of a blatant request thread here - does anybody have it? There's this page, which has a one minute clip from it (revealing it to be great, as expected), and this info:

Quote1995: Parsley asked comedian Morwenna Banks if she would like to sing the theme from 'White Horses' as the mischievous little girl character she made famous in Channel 4's 'Absolutely' comedy series. It turned out that it was the first record she ever bought and she liked the idea. The single was released later that year.

I'd really love to hear this. Were there any other Absolutely/Haircuts records? If there weren't, there bloody should have been...

alan strang

I've no further info on the above. I'd love to hear the full thing too.

We did have plans to create an online Absolutely/Bodgers Banks And Sparkes 'album', collecting together Real Audios of all the Baikie songs which feature. This would have kicked it off nicely.

Ben Ordinary

Quote from: "alan strang"I've no further info on the above. I'd love to hear the full thing too.

We did have plans to create an online Absolutely/Bodgers Banks And Sparkes 'album', collecting together Real Audios of all the Baikie songs which feature. This would have kicked it off nicely.

Really enjoyed hearing that, sir. Thanks. It is used (in part) in series 3 of Absolutely isnt it? With Triffic animation throughout. I like that version, but it seems more charming without the visuals.

Oh, and a nice nod to "Decomposing Composers", wouldnt you say at the end?

Jemble Fred

I didn't know about this, I'm very excited and I hate the fact that Real Audio is of no use to me.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"I didn't know about this, I'm very excited and I hate the fact that Real Audio is of no use to me.
What about the Real Alternative open-source Codec?

Jemble Fred

I'm on a Mac and we're blocked from using any streaming media at work. Unless it's fully downloadable, there ain't no chance. It's a pig.

Actually, having said that, we're not allowed to actually download anything either, but sometimes it's worth the risk.

alan strang

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"I'm on a Mac and we're blocked from using any streaming media at work. Unless it's fully downloadable, there ain't no chance. It's a pig.

It's Real Audio, but it's a download rather than a stream. What sort of audio files can you play? I'm sure I can sort something out for you.

Having said that, we're about to 'release' an entire set of 'In Other Words... The Bodgers' / 'Bodgers Banks & Sparkes' MP3s into the wild. You might prefer to wait until then.

Quote from: "Ben Ordinary"Really enjoyed hearing that, sir. Thanks. It is used (in part) in series 3 of Absolutely isnt it? With Triffic animation throughout. I like that version, but it seems more charming without the visuals.

Yup. Alternate lyrics to the TV version too (not to mention that lovely strummed version of the intro. The big band track was also used throughout 'Bodgers, Banks & Sparkes' as the sig tune.

A few other Absolutely songs began life on the radio shows too (including 'Clever, I'm frightfully clever...')

QuoteOh, and a nice nod to "Decomposing Composers", wouldnt you say at the end?

Ho - very much so!

Rats

Cheers, that was lovely. I'd love to hear some of the old radio shows. In Other Words..The Bodgers and Bodger, Banks and Sparkes. Maybe bbc 7 will repeat them one day if the bbc haven't already pissed on the tapes.

alan strang

Quote from: "Rats"Cheers, that was lovely. I'd love to hear some of the old radio shows. In Other Words..The Bodgers and Bodger, Banks and Sparkes. Maybe bbc 7 will repeat them one day if the bbc haven't already pissed on the tapes.

Unfortunately it would appear that this is exactly what has happened. We've requested BBC7 repeats a number of times but 'In Other Words...' appears to be missing from the archives at least. Bent Halo or Lalla might have more detailed info on this.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Both Bodgers series have been doing the slsk rounds for a while. A lovely chap has been sharing Saturday Night Jack on there too.

alan strang

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Both Bodgers series have been doing the slsk rounds for a while.

What's the quality like? I've spent most of the week doing magic digital things to crackly old mono broadcasts.

Godzilla Bankrolls

I'm not sure. They might be the same ones that I got off a newsgroup a couple of years back - if so, then lovely clean digital copies would be welcome.

I'll set up a bittorrent for the SNJs next week. The same nice chap should be sorting me out with off-airs of the original Absolutely! broadcasts, I'll make sure I torrent those too.