Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Music trivia that makes you grin from ear to ear

Started by alan nagsworth, July 09, 2013, 12:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Alice Cooper has four awards, despite having only played six gigs.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 10, 2013, 12:19:13 PM
Still in Wales; Cerys Matthews & Tom Jones? THEY DID IT. 

Really?! They're two of the sexiest musicians in the world! My god, can you imagine the noises they made? I would pay money just to hear it happening. I'm fucking serious.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 10, 2013, 08:24:41 PM
Really?! They're two of the sexiest musicians in the world! My god, can you imagine the noises they made? I would pay money just to hear it happening. I'm fucking serious.

Yep. It happened. Tom Jones is fucking disgusting though, like an overdone sausage dipped in pubes.

DrunkCountry

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 11, 2013, 09:36:18 AM
Yep. It happened. Tom Jones is fucking disgusting though, like an overdone sausage dipped in pubes.

About 7 or 8yrs ago, Tom Jones was chilling with his crew + cocktails in the bar of the local Hilton after a Cardiff gig. While there he spotted this lovely young filly propping up the end of the bar. He sent a drink over & raised his glass when the barkeep delivered the drink & gestured in Sir Thomas John Woodward's direction.  He continued to Valleys-eye the lass, superstar-wink, & be all 'Tom Jones' in her direction, albethey separated by the length of the bar, even when her boyfriend came back from the toilet.  They had both been at the Tom Jones concert. She told her boyfriend what had happened & that TJ was continuing to send smouldering "I want a piece of that" looks at her, even though it was clear she was with someone.  After about 10mins of this incessant eye-rape Tomness the boyfriend had enough: he got up, walked over to Pontypridd's Shakin' Stevens, jabbed his finger into Jones The Voice's face & bellowed "You look at my girlfriend one more time & I'll punch that colour out of you, YOU ORANGE CUNT!"  There was a brief, mild scuffle between the boyfriend &, presumably, some of Jones' 'protection'[nb]couple of overweight well-to-dos from the Valleys, whose suits didn't do up at the shirt collar[/nb], while the serial adulterer snuck away & to his room. The boyfriend, having been told to keep his behaviour in check by the barkeep, returned to his girlfriend & a couple of women approached them & said The Valleys' #1 Elvis Impersonator had subjected them both to the same complimentary drink/attempted hypno-moisten earlier.

I was told this at the time by my brother-in-law, who got it from his best mates who were the boyfriend & girlfriend concerned.  The boyfriend said he'd never felt so proud of himself in his life. [nb]very aware this is gossip rather than trivia, but I've never liked Uncle Tom since my old man told me a story from the time Tom was leading The Senators.  Back in the early '60s Tom & The Senators were playing Cardiff & my old man was in the venue's house band. He was in a Cardiff music shop buying strings when some geezer flew in screaming about a poster in the window for that evening's gig. They'd spelt Tom Jones' name wrong [nb]in the Tommy Scott & The Senators... featuring the sensational Tom... section; Tom Jones, who went by the name of Tom Scott at the time, had been billed as Thommy or something similar, & this was not good for the brand of the man Soon-To-Be-Known-As-The-Voice being courted by managers from that London[/nb] & Tom had seen it & was stood outside furious.  The shop assistant explained the shop hadn't made the poster, they'd merely put it in their window, except the geezer wasn't having any of it.  He made it very clear Mr. Jones wasn't having any of it either.  My old man intervened saying the shop assistant was 100% in the right but the geezer told him to fuck off & mind his own business.  Eventually the geezer left, poster torn from the window in his hand, shouting back at the shop while explaining to a face-reddening Jones that the poster was not a localised incident & that they'd have to go wailing at every music shop in the city to get them taken down & replaced. & off they went.  My old man played the gig that night, the revolving stage got stuck 3 times[nb]once when they were facing the wrong way[/nb], but they played on regardless. He told his band mates about the incident in the music shop & they decided they'd do their best to avoid playing on the same bill as Tom again [nb]The Senators were, by all accounts, great lads but suffered the shadow cast by Jones' rising rise[/nb]. About a month after that Jones was snapped up by a manager & was whisked to that London & stardom.[/nb]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I remember , quite a few years back this, a fellow female EFL teacher, reminded me quite a bit of Jilly Cooper, who told me the tale of when she was in the same venue where  Tom Jones had played (although she hadn't actually attended the actual concert, finding TJ to be a bit on the overrated side), and having a drink sent over by one of Jonesy's lackeys asking if she'd like to join him. She wasn't in the best of moods, so replied that if Tom Bleedin' Jones wanted a drink with her, he could blummin' well ask her himself.Ten minutes later, she got a tap on the shoulder, and an "I believe there's something I should ask you." from the smarmy wrabler of 'Delilah' and other tunes himself. Yes, it was Jones the cunt voice cunt in person greeting the Jilly Cooper-alike. Still not in the best of moods , she brushed him off with something like "No, ta. You're a married man, aren't you? I feel a bit sorry for your missus, actually." (no 'fuck off' though, she didn't like the swearing much , this woman. That was the only part of this story that disappointed me to be honest), and that was Jones away to the Green, Green Grass of the backstage area.

Tom Jones has to wear that rubbish- looking goatee all the time now, due to plastic surgery scarring.

The last time I was at Glastonbury, Tom Jones was playing, and some keen Tom Jones fan was in the audience, keenly waving about a banner which bore the legend " TOM FUCKING JONES ".

That's all my Tom Jones material.

Oops! Wrong Planet

Tom Jones was supposedly never popular in the valleys even before he was famous; too fond of himself and always tupping the locals' wives and girlfriends.

Anyway.  Ari Up: stepfather Johnny Rotten; godfather Jon Anderson of Sunhillow.  Dichotomyville.