Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:17:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

Started by Ignatius_S, July 11, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThickAndCreamy

Hotline Miami for £1.74 is something you just shouldn't pass up.

syntaxerror

Review hotline miami in 10 words.

WesterlyWinds

Quote from: syntaxerror on July 11, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

Hotline Miami is not bad for one pound seventy four.

madhair60

Quote from: syntaxerror on July 11, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

The Chaos Engine crossed with Super Meat Boy and "Drive"

syntaxerror

Sold on the Chaos Engine. but decided to buy Unreal for now.

Can we all be on the lookout for the hidden deals this time round? The ones that are 75% off but not mentioned anywhere on the front page.

Zetetic

Here's a 90% off that's not mentioned on the frontpage!

Spoiler alert
It's a T-72 sim that may or may not be any good, even for 30p.[/url]
[close]

Ignatius_S

Although the lists are not comprehensive, clicking the 'Under £4' and 'Under £7' links at the bottom of the page are worth a look. With the former, for instance, there are a noticeable number of games with 75% off; with the latter, the discount is often smaller but as the normal price is along budget lines, the sale price is very decent. As I say, these lists aren't comprehensive (there's 100 games in each category), but they're less of a grind than trudging through the store.

Also, I find the best selling category useful as there can be things that are shifting for a reason, which have been strongly advertised. 

Lieutenant Longstay

Anybody want to go halfs on a 2 pack of Don't Starve? I quite fancy it but I value my fancy at about £5 but for over £7 I'm out. I'm happy to send or receive paypal.

Quote from: Lieutenant  Longstay on July 12, 2013, 11:18:36 AM
Anybody want to go halfs on a 2 pack of Don't Starve? I quite fancy it but I value my fancy at about £5 but for over £7 I'm out. I'm happy to send or receive paypal.

Actually this is also what we should be using the thread for. I'm not interested on that one in particular but does anyone fancy going in on the Postal 2 4-back for £1.44 each instead of £1.74? Might seem like a paltry saving for a mediocre game but it deserves a lot better reviews than it has. Will PayPal someone or purchase for the group.

garbed_attic

I hope that 'Scribblenauts' includes gout, Charlie Chaplin, doorstoppers, cults and ear wax! We shall see!

HappyTree

Little Inferno looked a bit meh, a quick quirk. But at £1.50 it's impulse time. 4 hours left, roll up, roll up!

mcbpete

Quote from: HappyTree on July 12, 2013, 02:03:25 PM
Little Inferno looked a bit meh, a quick quirk.
It is, but that kinda the joy. So far I've invested 90 minutes into it (according to my Steam counter) and can't wait to go back to it to continue

Consignia

I loved Little Inferno. It was the only one that held my attention when I got that Humble Bundle a few weeks back. At that price, it really is worth a punt.

vrailaine

Walking Dead is down by 75% now, wouldn't run on my laptop though.
World of Goo is about €2

Probably gonna buy fez for a fiver.

Just Cause 2 now an astonishing £1.99. All the DLC also discounted but its all just weapons as far as I can tell from a quick glance so not particularly required.

At that price I cannot turn it down, despite having no love for the first. I hear this is a massive improvement though, and the scope for dicking around is enormous.

madhair60

It's an amazing game, though DLC-wise I can recommend the Black Market Boom pack which is worth it for the propulsion launcher alone.  My copy is modded to fuck. :D

Acceptable

This Steam sale has reminded me that stealing games is completely ethical in every circumstance. To the high seas!

ThickAndCreamy

Faster Than Light is so worth a pop at £1.74 for those that haven't bought it before. Hours of fun.

Lieutenant Longstay

Surgeon Simulator looks worth a go for £2.37. Fuck it, I'm getting it and Just Cause 2.

Rev

If you're a tight motherfucker like myself, it's worth also mentioning that things like FTL or Hotline Miami have pretty much got a built-in rebate, once you sell their trading cards.  The market isn't as crazy as it was when the card thing was in beta, but if something's £1.74 you'll shave it closer to a quid once you've bought it.

The Masked Unit

Just Cause 2 is fucking ace. I can't think of a better way to spend £1.99.

mcbpete

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.". Oh what a surprise they've done a summer sale and their infrastructure isn't up to it. Every year. Every cunting year.

MojoJojo

I had that,  and used a debit card instead of PayPal. That worked.

mcbpete

I got it to work eventually, though took 5 attempts (all with a variety of slightly different error messages). I'm quite patient with that sort of thing though - mainly as I'm used to it happening every time they have a huge sale on, though I expect a lot of customers would just give up after a couple of attempts - I can imagine they'd lose quite a bit of revenue from it as a result

Rev

Yeah, it took me several attempts over the space of a good few hours to pay money into my steam wallet last night, as it kept telling me that my card had been declined.  It does this because of a timeout, but I'm sure there's a huge spike in calls to banks and card companies whenever Steam has a sale.

onthebeach

All the games on my wishlist are cut in price but I'm biding my time in case one of them gets bumped up for an even bigger cut. Tactics.

System Shock 2 not very far away from the magic £1.74 mark...

Quote from: onthebeach on July 13, 2013, 11:47:17 AM
All the games on my wishlist are cut in price but I'm biding my time in case one of them gets bumped up for an even bigger cut. Tactics.

Yeah, exactly. The way to do it is to hold strong and if there's a game you want, wait for the daily/community choice/flash deals for the games. And if they don't come for that specific game, you can just buy it on the very last day of the sale.