Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

Started by Ignatius_S, July 11, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I've done the three main levels to Hexagon but none of the Hyper ones.

Wilbur

So CAB Oracle is X-Com Enemy unknown worth 749 of my hard earned pennies ?

MojoJojo

I think the answer from those who care will be "yes".

But I dunno, is this your favourite game?:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pippa-Funnell-Farm-Adventures-Nintendo/dp/B000S8EXBG

Xcom might not be for you if it is.

(hotlink probably broken but I don't care)

falafel

Quote from: madhair60 on July 17, 2013, 06:26:58 PM
I've done the three main levels to Hexagon but none of the Hyper ones.

You beat a LOT of games. Do you get paid for it or do you just somehow have both loads of time and shitloads of money?

glitch

Quote from: Wilbur on July 19, 2013, 11:02:09 AM
So CAB Oracle is X-Com Enemy unknown worth 749 of my hard earned pennies ?

Yes. I picked it up fairly recently and love it, and I was squarely in the "bet it's not even as good as Apocalypse" camp before playing it.

Slaaaaabs

Oh boy. COD:MW3 is just €29.99 today! What a bargain!

Rev

Train Simulator is on sale, which means that you can get it and its DLC for about £200!  This is, incredibly, a huge discount.

Oh, and if anyone doesn't have Critter Crunch, get that fucking sorted.  It's a beautiful little match 3 style game with some lovely animation and attention to detail, and is £1.04 for the extent of the sale.

madhair60

Quote from: falafel on July 19, 2013, 03:50:43 PM
You beat a LOT of games. Do you get paid for it or do you just somehow have both loads of time and shitloads of money?

What is any of that based on?

Wilbur

Thank you. I am now left bitterly disappointed by the dearth of pony grooming bargains on Steam. Oh well. shooting things it is.....

onthebeach

I fucking missed Rayman for a fiver yesterday because I got wrapped up playing Dishonored. Fool. Dishonored is brilliant though. I was after a more linear game after tiring of Skyrim's do anything you want stuff. Reminds me of Arkham Asylum but with a Bethesda twist and much more enjoyable gameplay.

Quote from: onthebeach on July 20, 2013, 11:54:44 AM
I fucking missed Rayman for a fiver yesterday because I got wrapped up playing Dishonored. Fool. Dishonored is brilliant though. I was after a more linear game after tiring of Skyrim's do anything you want stuff. Reminds me of Arkham Asylum but with a Bethesda twist and much more enjoyable gameplay.

With the Steam sales, don't they usually have a recap on the last day of all the most popular discounts and such? Or did I dream a dream of that.
I feel they do that normally, right down in my guts, but not in my foggy memories. It makes sense in my mind, because they'd get all the Latecoming-Leonards who'd finally realise it's TOTALLY the last chance to get such bargains. Y'know, for at least another couple months till the next major sale starts. You might get lucky and Rayman might be back at the end. Unless I imagined that, in which case, I'm sorry to ruin your hopes.

I played the new one yesterday. It was real lovely lookin', but gameplay wise, pretty much the same[nb]Still bloody enjoyable though[/nb].

onthebeach

I think they do! I shall hope for the best...or just pay the current price anyway. I played it with some mates on one of those consoles they have now and it was a joy. Dunno about playing it alone on PC but I guess the single player is still really fun.

falafel

Quote from: madhair60 on July 20, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
What is any of that based on?

Just that over time I've seen you post about a range of achievements I could never dream of. Nothing personal, more impressed than anything else.

madhair60

Quote from: falafel on July 20, 2013, 02:59:14 PM
Just that over time I've seen you post about a range of achievements I could never dream of. Nothing personal, more impressed than anything else.

Haha, it's alright.  I am skill.

vrailaine

Was hoping that Kentucky Route Zero would win the flash sale vote there, liked the idea of it being drip fed to me over the next long while, but Dragon's Lair won it with 35%. Final day is all repeats, I think? Guess I'll just buy up a few of the games from my wishlist before this time tomorrow and that'll be it.

Didn't even spend £20 this year.

vrailaine

I bought:
- Audiosurf
- Super Hexagon
- Fez
- Dear Esther

I will buy:
- Thirty Flights of Loving
- To The Moon

I might buy:
- Cart Life (can get it free on the guy's site, but y'know, supporting the industry and stuff)
- Braid (thought it might get a reduction =/ )
- Kentucky Route Zero (even though it didn't get that reduction, it looks really pretty and I do really like the idea of being drip fed a game)
- Time Gentlemen Please (I think it sounds kinda crappy, but it's so cheap that I could be very easily sold on it, so try and sell it to me!)

Limbo didn't get reduced at all, the Swapper mightn't run on my PC.

Anyone got any recommendations?

HappyTree

Yes, that bloody Limbo. I think it knows it's in my wish list and is doing it out of spite.

Gavin M

Quote from: vrailaine on July 21, 2013, 07:11:41 PM
I might buy:
- Time Gentlemen Please (I think it sounds kinda crappy, but it's so cheap that I could be very easily sold on it, so try and sell it to me!)

If you even vaguely like point'n'click games you won't regret it.  Very good dialogue.

olliebean

So that's it, is it? Picked up the following:

Q.U.B.E. (had my eye on this one for a while, seems like my sort of thing)
NightSky (59p, can't go wrong really)
PixelJunk Eden (bit of a punt, not sure it's my sort of thing but looks intriguing)
Puzzle Dimension (fairly standard puzzle game but with a 3D twist and of a type I quite enjoy, so a no-brainer at 49p)
Fez (the only one I paid over £3 for)
Lunar Pack (Lunnye Devitsy and Wake, at 99p the pair definitely worth a punt)
Trine 2 (Not sure about this one, apparently the gameplay isn't much cop but it looks bloody spectacular)

A total of 8 games for under £12. Very happy with that, even if some of them turn out to be duds I've got more than my money's worth. Half of them were less than a quid each, ffs.

Quote from: vrailaine on July 21, 2013, 07:11:41 PMthe Swapper mightn't run on my PC.

Yeah, I was very tempted by The Swapper but it looks like my graphics card isn't up to it.

madhair60

Quote from: Gavin M on July 21, 2013, 07:36:26 PM
If you even vaguely like point'n'click games you won't regret it.  Very good dialogue.

It and the first one (Ben There, Dan That) are two of the only three games that ever made me laugh.

olliebean

Quote from: madhair60 on July 21, 2013, 11:21:00 PM
It and the first one (Ben There, Dan That) are two of the only three games that ever made me laugh.

Bloody hell, 29p the pair! <Yoink> Dammit madhair, you pushed me over £12!

What was the third, OOI?

madhair60

Quote from: olliebean on July 21, 2013, 11:28:11 PM
Bloody hell, 29p the pair! <Yoink> Dammit madhair, you pushed me over £12!

What was the third, OOI?

I've actually forgotten. :(  It was recent, too.

Edit: Penny Arcade Adventures, that was it.  This part specifically.  PM me if you want a copy.  I have extra codes.

Thursday

Still a couple of flash sales to come, which might include Far Cry: Blood Dragon, but I'd probably rather pay more for the PS3 version anyway, since I suspect I won't even be able to run it.

I only picked up one or two small things this time, and I've almost broken even selling these flippin' Steam cards.
What the fuck? Why are people buying this shit from me?

EDIT:
I just made four pound from NUFFIN.
I AM A WIZARD OF ECONOMICS.
I AM ENRON. 

Rev

Don't question it, just keep selling the things!  The glory days may be over, but it's still money for nothing.

Between buying and gifts, I got quite a bit this time, but I am kind of still catching up on PC games after a bit of a hiatus.  This sale did seem a little limp and low-key this time, though; there weren't many jaw-droppers.  Tomb Raider being 75% for such a recent game was probably the biggest, although I didn't bother as I'd played it on Xbox.  Kerbal and Prison Architect headlining when their discounts are relatively small and they're still in alpha?  Fuck off with that nonsense.

HappyTree

I have 2 cards. They are useless to me. How do I sell them?

Quote from: HappyTree on July 22, 2013, 03:49:41 AM
I have 2 cards. They are useless to me. How do I sell them?

Go onto Steam. Go to the top where it says your profile name. Click on your inventory. Click on the card and click sell. Look at the market prices that they're selling for, then set your price.

HappyTree

Ok thanks. I just made €0,20! I'd buy you a pint but, well, you'd only get a sip ;)

Jamesieab

If it's any help I have a crappy radeon 6450 and the swapper runs fine on it.