Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

Started by Ignatius_S, July 11, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: Jamesieab on July 22, 2013, 06:27:18 AM
If it's any help I have a crappy radeon 6450 and the swapper runs fine on it.

Interesting, thanks - I have a 5450 which isn't quite as good, but Game Debate says it won't run on either. No demo version so I may have to download it elsewhere for my peace of mind before buying it. Think I'll leave it till the next sale now, anyway, as I've missed the biggest discount on it this time around.

Lieutenant Longstay

Through these trading card things I've managed to accrue a whopping £0.95 in my Steam Wallet. Well you only live once so I want to blow the lot. Has anybody got any recommendations on what to get for under 95p?

Zetetic

Quote from: Zetetic on July 11, 2013, 11:28:26 PM
Here's a 90% off that's not mentioned on the frontpage!

Spoiler alert
It's a T-72 sim that may or may not be any good, even for 30p.[/url]
[close]
You could even get copies for two if your friends.

Lieutenant Longstay

Cheers. I put in 1p of my own money and got that and Super Hexagon. I'm contemplating Sonic All Stars Racing now. I like a bit of Mario Kart and it looks similar.

onthebeach

I never found out what those Steam cards were for. Sold them yesterday after mindlessly collecting them.

madhair60

Quote from: Lieutenant  Longstay on July 22, 2013, 10:25:32 AM
Cheers. I put in 1p of my own money and got that and Super Hexagon. I'm contemplating Sonic All Stars Racing now. I like a bit of Mario Kart and it looks similar.

It's fucking great, but the sequel is better by miles.

Lieutenant Longstay

Quote from: madhair60 on July 22, 2013, 01:33:04 PM

Which one's that madhair?

onthebeach

Finishing up with Still Life and Assassin's Creed II. Still Life better work. Syberia just broke for me. That happens with Steam sometimes I find, games don't always work but they don't see to have a refund facility unless I'm mistaken which I often am.

vrailaine

Just got To The Moon, Time Gentlemen Please and Thirty Flights of Loving. That'll be it.

What's this Kerbal Space Program thing? Looks interesting.

Quote from: vrailaine on July 22, 2013, 02:27:52 PM
What's this Kerbal Space Program thing? Looks interesting.

It's good. I played a couple hours of it. Been meaning to play more but haven't had the time/urge. Got me interested in physics and mathmatics though. Potentially a fantastic teaching tool for kids actually. It's flipping hard though.
All that said, it IS great fun. Look at a few videos online reckon. See what it's all about.

madhair60

Lieutenant Longstay

Ah right, I didn't know there was a sequel. I've got it now anyway.

Thursday

DLC Quest is 67 pence if you've got some spare change from selling the cards. It's basically a one-joke game but it's joke is pretty funny.

Gavin M

Quote from: mikeyg27 on July 17, 2013, 06:22:43 PM
One piece of advice that I'd give is to try on a higher difficulty setting for a bit, then drop down to easy again. Everything will seem much slower. I've only achieved Hexagon (60 seconds)on Easy so far, though I've come so goddamn fucking close many times on the level above. It really is a moreish game.

That technique works really well for the earlier levels.  But once you reach Hexagonest you notice that your controlling triangle also moves a lot faster, but practising Hyper Hexagon/Hexagoner doesn't help that matter as the triangle moves at the same speed as their 'normal counterpart'.  About half of my deaths on Hexagonest are coming from me overshooting the arrow, it's also telling I can get roughly the same times on that than I can on Hyper Hexagon.

Although the sale is over Kentucky Route Zero has been 50% off for a couple of days, will continue to be so until 6pm.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Gavin M on July 25, 2013, 11:40:13 AM
Although the sale is over Kentucky Route Zero has been 50% off for a couple of days, will continue to be so until 6pm.

After I decided to have a punt on it at 25% off in the final hours of the sale. Grrrrrr. They've got a whole £5 more out of me.

Lyfjaberg

Quote from: madhair60 on July 22, 2013, 01:33:04 PM

I bought Transformed last week, from a play.com seller, and it arrived yesterday. However, this post made me check whether it was Transformed or not... and it wasn't. I'm getting a refund, because the seller has either mistakenly or maliciously passed off a £5 cheaper used game as the sequel.

I've found it elsewhere for a quid cheaper, too. Ha ha ha.

However, in the mean time, I can play the original -- which I am really enjoying anyway.