Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone have "1994" or "1998"?

Started by meta, July 27, 2004, 02:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meta

Anyone have/remember "1994" by William Osborne and Richard Turner? Or "1998" for that matter? Both Radio 4 series, riffs on Orwell of course...

"Toilet paper... it's for wiping your bottom."

"This is Difficult Day! This is Difficult Day!"

I thought they were pretty good. Rather like HHGTTG in terms of sound design. Not as funny, but still had some good moments. Wish I'd kept the tapes... I wonder if BBC7 will ever repeat them?

I have the two books, also.

benthalo

I think I've got virtually all of these on tape somewhere. Never sat through them though - I inherited an overwhelming number of 80s off-airs last year, so it's a slow process.

Hugh Laurie, Paul Shearer and Robert Lindsay were regulars I believe. Nick Symons produced it and still speaks highly of it.

cairnsi

Quote from: "meta"Anyone have/remember "1994" by William Osborne and Richard Turner? Or "1998" for that matter? Both Radio 4 series, riffs on Orwell of course...I have the two books, also.

I am sharing 1994 on soulseek so get it off me.

I didnt know there was 1998 or they were books...

benthalo

Hmm, having just checked I only have eps 2-4 of 1998, transmitted from March to May 1987.