Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brian Appleton's History... The World of Pete and Dud

Started by cairnsi, July 27, 2004, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairnsi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/wednesday/rams/2345.ram

The World of Pete and Dud
Brian Appleton's History...

I am new to this show, part 4 is above. But from this episode Id say it is brilliant - I believe there is 2 more to follow, so its not too late.

Get it while its hot, Fellows does it again!

I am sharing it on soulseek for those that miss it

For some reson it seems to be stream shared with 45 mins of Pete and Dud - which is no bad thing!

cairnsi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/wednesday/rams/2345.ram

23:00-23:45Jo Brand: Live Again
Jo Brand and her down to earth approach to food, sex and food. [Rptd Thursday 4.30am]

Brian Appleton's History...
... of Rock 'n' Roll. My Turn to Be Poorly: Brian Appleton explains how he single-handedly changed the face of rock music. [Rptd Thursday 5.00am]

Episode 5 is streaming, along with Jo Brand from the size of it..
Anyone got ep 1,2 and 3?

episode 5 is in my soulseek shares

Pinball

These are in my shares on Soulseek. Should be better quality than streams as direct from DAB > MP2 on SD card.

cairnsi

Quote from: "Pinball"These are in my shares on Soulseek. Should be better quality than streams as direct from DAB > MP2 on SD card.

Cheersd, are the BBC streams Mono or Stereo compared to the DAB captures(are they captured mono or stereo)? Was the show stereo?

Pinball

Quote from: "cairnsi"
Quote from: "Pinball"These are in my shares on Soulseek. Should be better quality than streams as direct from DAB > MP2 on SD card.

Cheers, are the BBC streams Mono or Stereo compared to the DAB captures(are they captured mono or stereo)? Was the show stereo?
BBC7 output is mono on DAB and I assume stream is too for bandwidth reasons. Sky/Freeview might be stereo (can anyone confirm this?) so that would be the best way to rip BBC7. However, I find the quality possible with direct to MP2 recording on the Bug better than analogue input into PC and all the usual volume level issues, also it's a helluva lot more convenient for large-scale recording. Thankfully other DAB channels like R1 and (usually but not always) R4 are in stereo. Moreover, Goon Show, Navy Lark and most other older classics are mono anyway.