Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alexei Sayle Frankie Goes to Hollywood Relax spoof

Started by cairnsi, July 27, 2004, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairnsi

I used to own a tape with a live Alexei Sayle show which included a Frankie Goes to Hollywood Relax spoof. Anyone know what show it is from? Was it ever commercially released?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "cairnsi"Was it ever commercially released?
Speaking as somewhat of a FGTH completist, I don't believe so.  There were several Relax parodies, of which I have at least a couple (Frankie Goes to the Bank (a.k.a. The HeeBeeGeeBees) and the truly excruciating Cyril Trotts to Bogna (who apparently is a guy called Jeff Duff)).  I haven't heard of an Alexei Sayle one, although him doing one as part of his stage show does ring vague bells.

Of course, I could be wrong, and if so I'll be right behind you in the search for it... :-)

iain

I saw an Alexei Sayle video in a charity shop the other day for a few quid....i told myself  to remember the title but it was a long day and i forgot >_<
Anyway I just wanted to know if it was any good, the video cover had Alexei dressed up as a punk i think or a biker, he had some peircings in....anyone know what it is or if its worth getting?

Purple Tentacle

The rear of Alexei Sayle's Stuff Series 1 & 2 compilation has him posing in a biker's jacket on the back, but the front just has him grinning.

Charity shop videos are ALWAYS worth buying, they usually cost less than a pint.

cairnsi

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "cairnsi"Was it ever commercially released?
Speaking as somewhat of a FGTH completist, I don't believe so.  There were several Relax parodies, of which I have at least a couple (Frankie Goes to the Bank (a.k.a. The HeeBeeGeeBees) and the truly excruciating Cyril Trotts to Bogna (who apparently is a guy called Jeff Duff)).  I haven't heard of an Alexei Sayle one, although him doing one as part of his stage show does ring vague bells.

Of course, I could be wrong, and if so I'll be right behind you in the search for it... :-)

There is a guy called Martin Lewis, who seems to be some uber producer

www.martinlewis.com/disc.html

he mentiond a video called PIRATE VIDEO?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "cairnsi"he mentiond a video called PIRATE VIDEO?
I think there may be something called that, but I was thinking you meant vinyl / cassette stuff.  It's more than likely that if it was part of his stage act it might end up on a video.  I'll have to look out for that.