Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:55:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Text to Speech Programs

Started by Big Jack McBastard, July 26, 2013, 05:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

I'm almost sure I've asked this before but I'm looking for a program I had way back (or a modern version or something similar) which gives you a window to type in and a selection of buttons above which denote different voices which then speak the text, you'd get the standard male, female, boy, girl but then there were robots (not bloody Microsoft Sam), aliens and the like, I'm pretty sure you could alter them further too, pitch and speed and so on.

It was a standalone job, not a web application I think it probably came with some pack of shitty 'Install this guff' type discs you'd get when buying a built PC. It was good fun to type in something mental, click play and just leave it to reel off the insanity in jarring tones, robot voice poems about jizz and the like.

Anyway I've messed about enough with 'official packages' and libraries of voices to know that they can piss off, this thing wasn't built for people with hearing problems it was built for buggering about.

Any ideas what the hell I'm on about? Or perhaps you could point me to something similar?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There are plenty to find that sound crude, but I want one that sounds really good. I think there was a cabber called Moloch Dendrologist that used to do hilarious text-to-speech stuff for Cab Radio. I want some of that action.

Big Jack McBastard

Ooh yes radio and music folk might be the types for this. Perhaps I should be in Oscillations.